HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2014, 10:42 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
If I remember correctly, it provides a little more thrust and the gws is a bit more efficient so it unloads at a slightly higher rpm
Thanks!
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2014, 09:40 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,877 Posts
So I picked up a GWS 8040 and 8060 to try out
I hope I can this week even with our colder temps...
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Nov 11, 2014, 07:54 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
So I picked up a GWS 8040 and 8060 to try out
I hope I can this week even with our colder temps...
I tried out the 8040 prop about a year ago. Be really careful as it pulls well over 10 amps. Been too long to remember the exact numbers. I went ahead and flew it but didn't like it. It's a little too much prop for the Edge.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:50 AM
Joined Nov 2011
3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
I tried out the 8040 prop about a year ago. Be really careful as it pulls well over 10 amps. Been too long to remember the exact numbers. I went ahead and flew it but didn't like it. It's a little too much prop for the Edge.
We shall see, as the 7035 really doesn't warm up the esc and motor on static
Old Nov 11, 2014, 11:46 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
We shall see, as the 7035 really doesn't warm up the esc and motor on static
Just went back and checked. The 8040 pulled 11.89 amps static but I had installed a 12 amp ESC in mine. It's definitely going to exceed 10 amps unloaded so use WOT sparingly. One thing I found is it didn't have as much vertical punch as the 7035 did.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Nov 11, 2014, 02:08 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsheeMS View Post
Just went back and checked. The 8040 pulled 11.89 amps static but I had installed a 12 amp ESC in mine. It's definitely going to exceed 10 amps unloaded so use WOT sparingly. One thing I found is it didn't have as much vertical punch as the 7035 did.
WOT in the air is much different than static

but interesting you had less punch with the 8040 vs the 7035
I have some different packs I'm going to try, and they have more power vs the stock pack

10amps unloaded ??
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:03 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,327 Posts
Busted a rudder servo on the old workhorse today. But...

I was doing tailscrapes on one of the airframes WITHOUT the little bass-wood mod to tie the rudder to the fuselage. The rudder pulled completely out of the hinges, so needless to say, there were some nasty forces back there.

A quick servo gear replacement, a little glue to put the piece of wood back there, and she's ready to go drag across the field again tomorrow!

Can't wait until it's stable-mate Viking comes in.
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:52 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Busted a rudder servo on the old workhorse today. But...

I was doing tailscrapes on one of the airframes WITHOUT the little bass-wood mod to tie the rudder to the fuselage. The rudder pulled completely out of the hinges, so needless to say, there were some nasty forces back there.

A quick servo gear replacement, a little glue to put the piece of wood back there, and she's ready to go drag across the field again tomorrow!

Can't wait until it's stable-mate Viking comes in.
Tail drags hahaha! Get some vid of that! That tailwheel /hinge system on the Inverza and EdgeQQ seem like a big oversight to me. I've never seen a tailwheel on anything bigger than a UMX plane that wasn't mounted in some way to the fuselage.
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Nov 12, 2014, 04:12 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,658 Posts
I wonder if they have indeed fixed the issue with the new Viking tailwheel?
SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Nov 12, 2014, 12:07 PM
Joined May 2012
9,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
I wonder if they have indeed fixed the issue with the new Viking tailwheel?
Nope. Same old story.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=423
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2014, 02:07 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,327 Posts
Quote:
That tailwheel /hinge system on the Inverza and EdgeQQ seem like a big oversight to me.
Right?!?!?!?!!!!!!

I mean, they invested in that cool plastic molded 'cap' that runs the length of the bottom of the control surface... and that awesome spring-loaded tail wheel strut...
and then we get NOTHING holding the incredibly huge rudder onto this thing except the foam and paper hinges? Hinges that, btw, usually seemed to come in dry, and only friction-fit together!

I can see them cheaping out on the actual cheesy little tail wheel itself, or giving us just a little bit of wire instead of the nice sprung strut... but for Pete's sakes, at least tie the thing to the main fuse on a plane that is going to see the type of use that this one is intended for. All it would have taken is a little "L' bracket, or a plastic version of the keyhole-drilled wood slat that some of us have been gluing back there.
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:14 PM
mdv
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2009
499 Posts
Quote:
very sad. I guess they sell more servos this way.
mdv is online now Find More Posts by mdv
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:02 AM
Joined May 2012
9,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdv View Post
very sad. I guess they sell more servos this way.
cynical!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 05:51 PM
United States, CA, Davis
Joined Sep 2012
65 Posts
so i picked up one of these from HH on clearance. I got rid of the y connector for the ailerons and have them on separate channels. I download the setup for my DX9 from Horizons website. seems to work ok. A couple of questions tho... there are 4 flight modes but i can only access three on my 3 position toggle switch, how do I get the 4th flight mode. Also the aileron differential was set at 3 percent. Is this enough differential for those that do this?
hkgas is offline Find More Posts by hkgas
Old Today, 06:50 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgas View Post
so i picked up one of these from HH on clearance. I got rid of the y connector for the ailerons and have them on separate channels. I download the setup for my DX9 from Horizons website. seems to work ok. A couple of questions tho... there are 4 flight modes but i can only access three on my 3 position toggle switch, how do I get the 4th flight mode. Also the aileron differential was set at 3 percent. Is this enough differential for those that do this?
Check your flight mode setup screen. You may need to assign the switch for it. Might be a good idea to put this in the new DX6-9-18 thread. Lots of guys there with more knowledge on the subject than me.
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers