HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:55 PM
Registered User
Stregax's Avatar
Sweden, Stockholm County, Vaxholm
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
There are no knobs on the 6i, just toggle switches and a button. So the flaps would be fully deployed instantly, causing it to pitch up like you said.

Happy landings!
I have the dx6i too. I plan to have flaps down pos. 1 on the flaps switch and flaps down pos. 2 mixed to the gear switch ("mix 1" or "mix 2"). On the flaps switch one can have some elevator mixed in. On the gear switch I am not sure though how to do with the elevator mix...
Stregax is offline Find More Posts by Stregax
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:43 PM
RCG -Minus Member
microflitedude's Avatar
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
Maiden was a success. About scared the stuff out of me when it took off and banked hard left over my head. Was able to land and add some trim. After that it was fun, went through two 2.2 packs. Had 10-15 mph wind, which mushed the controls a bit.

The flaps worked well on the gear switch - barely pitched the nose up. Was able to do some really low passes and touch-and-goes.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:09 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflitedude View Post
Maiden was a success. About scared the stuff out of me when it took off and banked hard left over my head. Was able to land and add some trim. After that it was fun, went through two 2.2 packs. Had 10-15 mph wind, which mushed the controls a bit.

The flaps worked well on the gear switch - barely pitched the nose up. Was able to do some really low passes and touch-and-goes.
Glad it went well on your maiden Micro
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:11 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,651 Posts
Well I did fly my Beaver #1 today in special VFR conditions
it was snowing and a bit of a wind but at least I finally got some inflight pictures

More pictures in my album
https://picasaweb.google.com/PaulG91...SkisFeb022013#
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:16 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
Justwingit's Avatar
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,048 Posts
Outstanding pics, my friend...your models really do look the part !
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:27 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
Outstanding pics, my friend...your models really do look the part !
Thanks John
I'm adding more pictures in the album.
I had the Archer also but didn't get to find a good ground surface to fly it from.
Sad because I had a photographer
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:43 PM
I can fix that!
doug.wagner's Avatar
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Jul 2011
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Well I did fly my Beaver #1 today in special VFR conditions
it was snowing and a bit of a wind but at least I finally got some inflight pictures

More pictures in my album
https://picasaweb.google.com/PaulG91...SkisFeb022013#
Paul, you know you've done well when it's hard to tell whether the pictures are of a full-sized plane, or a model.

It would be easy to believe these are pics of the real thing!
doug.wagner is online now Find More Posts by doug.wagner
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:46 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.wagner View Post
Paul, you know you've done well when it's hard to tell whether the pictures are of a full-sized plane, or a model.

It would be easy to believe these are pics of the real thing!
I wish it was a real one then I could of had a ride
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:22 PM
RCG -Minus Member
microflitedude's Avatar
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
Very nice model.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:06 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
Aphro's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
I actually had to do a double and triple take because at first I thought it was the real aircraft... tricky Beaver
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:11 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
I actually had to do a double and triple take because at first I thought it was the real aircraft... tricky Beaver
They did such a nice job on the mold that it was well worth the effort to go further in details
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:24 PM
Whad'ya mean over engineered?
cubcrafter60's Avatar
United States, CA, Clearlake Oaks
Joined Jul 2011
1,708 Posts
Awesome job Paul, she looks amazing! You’re setting the bar pretty high! Nice shots in the album also. ~ Robin
cubcrafter60 is online now Find More Posts by cubcrafter60
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FunCub DoubleEnder Project
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:30 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
Awesome job Paul, she looks amazing! You’re setting the bar pretty high! Nice shots in the album also. ~ Robin
Thanks Robin

I cant stop looking at the pictures, I was waitting for that day to have a photographer with me to take air shots finally
I would of liked a nice blue sky but you know what I kind of like those pictures in the white out condition
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:36 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
Justwingit's Avatar
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,048 Posts
The DHC-2 belongs in the elements....your model looks right at home in those conditions...
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:42 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Paul-RC's Avatar
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
The DHC-2 belongs in the elements....your model looks right at home in those conditions...
Yes it does
At least today I was flying behind a friends house, wide open fields and I was able to setup in his garage, he even had a mini electric heater , he placed it beside the cowling , he said thats your preheat
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Scale Kit/Scratch Built 14 Oct 16, 2009 03:03 AM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Scale Fuel Planes 2 Jan 05, 2008 02:26 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Giant Scale Airplanes 1 Dec 31, 2007 04:39 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Parkflyers 3 Dec 29, 2007 08:32 PM
Discussion Dehavilland beaver DHC-2 Mk 3 peterpont Giant Electric Planes 1 Dec 29, 2007 07:39 AM