HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2001, 08:38 PM
Joined Nov 2001
101 Posts
Flying Styro A-7 Corsair??

Hello, I was taking a look at the A-7 Corsair and it looks like like a pretty decent kit...in the ARF and already painted form. I also heard it will fly on a EDF well. I did a search on this website and only a few things came up. What do you all think of this model? Are there any good websites on this model? Thank you for replies.

Vinnie
Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Vincent
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2001, 03:23 AM
istanbul, TURKEY
Joined May 2001
485 Posts
s

Hi,

Go go go to Electric Jet Factory's construction site, to get all the details of the model with nice views and building tricks.

Bora
borabora is offline Find More Posts by borabora
Old Nov 05, 2001, 10:04 AM
Balsa Flies Better!
Stamford, CT
Joined Oct 2000
6,756 Posts
Vinnie

On a turbo 400 fan, the A-7 flies- the F-16 doesn't. Don't expect whizzbang performance, but it is neat to see this jet in the air. I could never get mine to loop, but it rolls fine. I wrote out a different set of building instructions using some of the photos on the EJF site- tailerons might make more sense than ailerons if you feel like experimenting. These kits are not wonderful by the way, I wasn't real impressed by the accuracy of the moldings or how well stuff was put together. But this was my first EDF and I'm still hooked.

Sam
Megowcoupe is offline Find More Posts by Megowcoupe
Old Nov 05, 2001, 01:07 PM
Germany
Joined Oct 1998
324 Posts
I twill fly very impressive with the EDF300 from wemotec, new version will be available soon.
Use the speed 300 and 8 cell GP60AAH, they only weigh 14 g and can handle up to 9 amps.
Tailerons work fine.

Of course the small hacker makes a biest out of it.

kr
Armin Mangelmann is offline Find More Posts by Armin Mangelmann
Old Nov 05, 2001, 06:41 PM
Joined Nov 2001
101 Posts
Thanks!

Thankyou, after taking a look at some of those sites and posts I have somewhat of an idea...I might try it. Thanks

Vinnie
Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Vincent