Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816 View Post
Oh yes, I do.

me

Rick
Bummer, I believe in the aviation industry it's known as CFIT (Controlled Flight Into Terrain). Was your TM1000 goods okay? Your pitot tube looked intact and ready to be used on another F27Q!!!
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:09 PM
RCHN #150
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Nov 2007
5,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerf27q View Post
Just got off the phone with "Ken" from Horizon hobbies. Told him about issues people were having with stripped servos and linkages. He said he will look up info on it and send it higher up the chain! What a cool guy. Very good customer service experience.
Three of my four servos were stripped, but after all, it wasn't design to fly through the earth.

Rick
Rickn816 is offline Find More Posts by Rickn816
Old Apr 26, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined Mar 2012
139 Posts
LOL

I was just going over my servos to see if everything was good and noticed my left elevon servo (looking behind the plane) has quite a bit of play in it compared to the others!!! Id say I can move the elevon a good 2mm without any resistance. Looks like i will be ordering some hitec servos after all Might as well do the dubro rod upgrade at the same time

just want to clarify these are the servos everyone recomends for the plane?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Bearing-Servo

if so, I will be ordering tonight. There goes another 100 dollars to R/C.

and well im at it, does anyone know if this battery will fit the Q?

http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl3300-4s1p-40c-4444.html
strykerf27q is offline Find More Posts by strykerf27q
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:01 PM
Fresno, Calif.
Joined Feb 2007
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn816 View Post
Oh yes, I do.

me

Rick
the reason i ask is because following the threads seeing many of your posts & looking at your stryker I'am wondering if you updated your pushrods & clevis. I have not yet but after reading what has happened to others I better not temp fate
onothimagain is offline Find More Posts by onothimagain
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:01 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerf27q View Post
Just got off the phone with "Ken" from Horizon hobbies. Told him about issues people were having with stripped servos and linkages. He said he will look up info on it and send it higher up the chain! What a cool guy. Very good customer service experience.
This issue was already discussed a lot on here way back when the q came out. Horizon was called by many way back then.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:29 PM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
I have asked this question 3 times in the last week and got no response. I cant find the specs for the stock motor anywhere to see if it can handle the watts/amps.

I put a 4s on mine and was hitting 800 watts with a 6x6 prop but the motor didnt seem to like it. I shut it down after just a few seconds run up.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-2200kV-F-27Q
Does the ESC have the capability to run 4s
You may have got one which only supports 3s

If you're up to 800 watts that means thre will be a 55amp draw which is also close to your 60amp ESC.

It will usually be the ESC which shuts down and not the motor unless the WOT power has overheated the motor sufficiently to kill it.

After only a few seconds it sounds like the ESC or poor connections could also cause the shut down.

If you've had to solder on your own connectors check those too
soundcheque is offline Find More Posts by soundcheque
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:42 PM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
When it has a P does it matter which way the prop goes on. reason I ask is I had thrust to the rear of the plane no mater which way I mounted the prop and didn't do a thing to the motor direction. Its aParkzone 6x6 prop I think it is. I dont think it has a P tho but will look.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ropeller-F-27Q
Yes the pusher props have the opposite pitch to the standard props.
If using a pusher prop,, the motor will obviously be at the rear of the model,,
Looking at the rear of the model the motor should be spinning anti - clockwise,,
The writing on the prop should be facing you
I believe that the most common pusher prop would be the APC ones
,, they would be labelled up like this APC 7"x5" P.

The stock Parkzone prop is NOT a pusher prop

Motor direction will always have an effect on which way any propeller is fitted If the motor spins clockwise and the thrust is going out the back then if it turns the other way it will have to push it out the front

If you change the prop round with the motor spinning in the same direction as it was,, the thrust will NOT be affected but the efficiency of it will be

Only the opposite motor direction will reverse the thrust from what it was.

So,, to be clear,, on the Stryker,,, Looking at the back of the model,,Nose pointing forwards,, Motor spinning clockwise,, Writing on the prop facing forwards,,Good to go
Last edited by soundcheque; Apr 26, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:45 PM
Hope is not a Strategy
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcheque View Post
Yes the pusher props have the opposite pitch to the standard props.
If using a pusher prop,, the motor will obviously be at the rear of the model,,
Looking at the rear of the model the motor should be spinning anti - clockwise,,
The writing on the prop should be facing you
I believe that the most common pusher prop would be the APC ones
,, they would be labelled up like this APC 7"x5" P.

The stock Parkzone prop is NOT a pusher prop

Motor direction will always have an effect on which way any propeller is fitted If the motor spins clockwise and the thrust is going out the back then if it turns the other way it will have to push it out the front
essentially for the stock motor it spins "backwards" so you need to place a normal prop on it with the writing facing towards the front of the plane and a pusher prop with the writing facing outwards.

another way to tell is to ensure the trailing edge of the props is facing to the back of the plane.
Lojik is offline Find More Posts by Lojik
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:00 PM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
689 Posts
Lojik Check PM
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:06 PM
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaccount View Post
Hello,

I would like to fly the F27Q at 4S with stock motor and propeller. I have upgraded the ESC to a 60A one. Would it be sufficient or under rated?

Has anyone measured the top amperage at 4S with stock motor and propeller? Please advise the top current.

Thanks for helping,

daniele
It is not the motor or the esc thats your problem, it is that POS stock prop! I did the same thing that you are trying to do. The pitch on the stock prop is too much and its too flimsy. At the higher speeds that the 4s is producing the prop Is sooo inefficient. I put a 7 x 4 master airscrew or an apc 7 x 4 E or sport, not a pusher prop. I saw a level pass at 122 MPH! Since your upping the amps, change the stock elevon servos to hitec 65 mg. A friend of mine had the same setup and the servos gave out and he hit earth at a VERY high rate of speed. When I can get together with my friend with the radar gun, I'll post a video with my exact setup perameters.

Good luck,
Matt
mpk82 is offline Find More Posts by mpk82
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:34 PM
Glens Falls, NY
Joined Apr 2010
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaccount View Post

Has anyone measured the top amperage at 4S with stock motor and propeller? Please advise the top current.
I fly mine on 4S with stock motor and prop. 45 amp airboss esc. No problems. It's a blast. I have power hd servos, not stock. Don't know about amp draw, probobly more than 45 amps, lol, but a 60 amp esc should be just fine.

edit: just checked it....60 amps, 900 watts
TG43 is offline Find More Posts by TG43
Last edited by TG43; Apr 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:41 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
I changed my ESC to low timing and briefly ran it up to 50% since it was dark outside and I am in a neighborhood that might not like that loud noise at night. lol. For a brief 5 seconds anyway, i did not hear the knocking sound, which I did before within a couple seconds. I will have to run it up longer tomorrow to check again, but it may be fixed. hope so.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:28 AM
Fly Fast!
scotia ,NY
Joined Jul 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG43 View Post
I fly mine on 4S with stock motor and prop. 45 amp airboss esc. No problems. It's a blast. I have power hd servos, not stock. Don't know about amp draw, probobly more than 45 amps, lol, but a 60 amp esc should be just fine.

edit: just checked it....60 amps, 900 watts
Maybe i'll have to try a 4cell 1800mah in it,what size prop
for this setup,i have a eflite 60 in it..
Thanks,
DB
dbgood is offline Find More Posts by dbgood
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:15 AM
Joined May 2008
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpk82 View Post
It is not the motor or the esc thats your problem, it is that POS stock prop! I did the same thing that you are trying to do. The pitch on the stock prop is too much and its too flimsy. At the higher speeds that the 4s is producing the prop Is sooo inefficient. I put a 7 x 4 master airscrew or an apc 7 x 4 E or sport, not a pusher prop. I saw a level pass at 122 MPH! Since your upping the amps, change the stock elevon servos to hitec 65 mg. A friend of mine had the same setup and the servos gave out and he hit earth at a VERY high rate of speed. When I can get together with my friend with the radar gun, I'll post a video with my exact setup perameters.

Good luck,
Matt
Thanks for your advice, Matt.

Only one question, did you measure the amps? What ESC are you using?

Thanks for helping, daniele
dcaccount is offline Find More Posts by dcaccount
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:54 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
2,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcheque View Post
Does the ESC have the capability to run 4s
You may have got one which only supports 3s

If you're up to 800 watts that means thre will be a 55amp draw which is also close to your 60amp ESC.

It will usually be the ESC which shuts down and not the motor unless the WOT power has overheated the motor sufficiently to kill it.

After only a few seconds it sounds like the ESC or poor connections could also cause the shut down.

If you've had to solder on your own connectors check those too
Im using the Stryker motor and prop on the Ultra Funjet. I have a 100 amp esc. I was hoping to find the specs for the bl480 to see if I can run the 4s at 800 watts 55 amps and be ok. I'd be surprised if its rated for 800-1000 watts and 55 amps constant.
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow