HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2014, 10:17 PM
Joined Mar 2014
29 Posts
Discussion
New props from witespy make my quad shake like crazy

I got a few pairs of these for my quad :
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/10-...propeller.html

I've used other props before with no issue, and I've balanced props before as well. These were very hard to balance, but even after balancing them (several times) when I tried them on the quad was shaking like crazy. I'm talking about big, eyeball visible, whole frame wobble kind of vibrations. Other props work just fine.

Am I missing something here, or are these just unusable props ?
HoloPed is offline Find More Posts by HoloPed
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2014, 10:19 PM
Joined Mar 2013
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoloPed View Post
I got a few pairs of these for my quad :
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/10-...propeller.html

I've used other props before with no issue, and I've balanced props before as well. These were very hard to balance, but even after balancing them (several times) when I tried them on the quad was shaking like crazy. I'm talking about big, eyeball visible, whole frame wobble kind of vibrations. Other props work just fine.

Am I missing something here, or are these just unusable props ?
maybe you try this props

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/pro...site-prop.html
HQProp is offline Find More Posts by HQProp
Old May 13, 2014, 10:21 PM
Joined Mar 2014
29 Posts
yeah... No thanks.. I don't really feel like buying more props from a store that sold me unusable props.
Old May 14, 2014, 12:57 AM
Joined Mar 2013
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoloPed View Post
yeah... No thanks.. I don't really feel like buying more props from a store that sold me unusable props.
worth to try...
HQProp is offline Find More Posts by HQProp
Old May 14, 2014, 08:41 AM
Joined Mar 2014
29 Posts
I'd much rather try someone else's props.

EDIT: I just noticed your username. Are you trying to convince me to buy your brand of props ? I would be nice if you mentioned this.
Old May 14, 2014, 08:56 AM
Manual will not flyaway :D
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
2,853 Posts
HQ props are really good props, I've been trying to stock them myself on my store. There are a few props I have found to make my quads unstable. Example, the RCTimer 8x4 props are great, but the RCTimer 8x5 are unusable.
ecks is online now Find More Posts by ecks
RCG Plus Member
Old May 14, 2014, 09:08 AM
Gyro, SimonK n call it a day:)
United States, NJ, Hamilton Township
Joined Jan 2013
296 Posts
HoloPed, I understand your frustration. The only time ive had props that bad were some RCT ones that had the holes drilled off center......of course at the time i was breaking props pretty regularly and decided to buy a summers worth, they were all unusable. I can't vouch for HQProps but I can vouch for the community here and the consensus is they are of excellent quality. The Witespy shop you purchased from is a reseller his quality ones and also cheap chinese ones like you bought. The price alone should give a hint. Im not sure how you balanced your props but it may also be worth a look at your balancer, maybe its bad and you unbalanced your props, thats happened to me also. I stick with APC props, which is my personal flavor. HQ seems to be of equal quality, HK cheappie gemfan slowfly's are junk but they wont rattle your quad to pieces and fly......albeit with alot less horsepower of the others.
lockwood is offline Find More Posts by lockwood
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Seasons take so far.
Old May 14, 2014, 10:36 AM
Joined Mar 2014
29 Posts
The best props I had so far where APC that I got at the local hobby store. Most of them were balanced out of the box. So yeah, I think I'll just get those from now on.
Old May 14, 2014, 11:07 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,869 Posts
HQ props are excellent quality for a reasonable price and need little to no balancing .Gothelirc has them instock and very quick shipping.
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy