SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:17 PM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
Help!
blade 120 sr rudder problem

I just bought a blade 120 sr and as a noob in is living room I crashed it a couple of times. After a few 5 min flights I can now make the bird hover but even with full trim, I can't fully compensate for it's counter-clockwise rotation. I use the included controller (I bought RTF). With full trim it's almost ok though. But I want to find the cause of this and do the tweaking, tuning or repairing required...

I also experience bad PE with about any move I try... The PE make the heli swings in a 4 feet long movement.

So guys, what are the possibilities here ? tail rotor or motor ? what else ?

Thanks !!
GuyFromCanada is offline Find More Posts by GuyFromCanada
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 01:30 PM
VT
Joined Feb 2006
2,225 Posts
Did you buy it used? The tail motors usually last longer than five flights but my guess is your tail motor is going or you need to straighten out your tail rotor blade. Also, if you knocked the tail rotor blade off you may have reinstalled it backwards...
elan is online now Find More Posts by elan
Old Feb 23, 2013, 04:15 PM
Joined Feb 2013
9 Posts
I bought it new. I tried to invert the tail blade and the result was much more worse. So I inverted it back and pushed a little harder. That helped. But I still have to use about 6 out of 10 trim steps. For now, I'll let it that way. Anyway, I can't do anything but hover in my living room. So I'll practice that for the time being.

Thanks !
GuyFromCanada is offline Find More Posts by GuyFromCanada
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:02 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,381 Posts
120 tailblade is held on by a slight internal 'bump'. If you put it on backwards the bump won't engage the motor shaft. If it strikes something that knocks it off the bump can be obliterated; it will go back on but not grip the shaft. Also, the spacer/thrust bearing narrow cone end faces the motor. Backwards, it's no longer a bearing.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Apr 25, 2013, 09:50 PM
Joined Apr 2013
2 Posts
I just installed a new motor with boom into a new RKH frame, but it changes speed ... ON ITS OWN!

Blade 120SR Tail Rotor Speed Problem (0 min 55 sec)

What's going on?
ssjxearo is offline Find More Posts by ssjxearo