SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:48 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Lithonion's Avatar
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodini View Post
Lithonion,
I think you are ready to fly something bigger...HINT, HINT!

Joe
No room, this gyro makes aircraft number 34. My wife said if I got mounts I could hang some in the living room but I really don't want to do that. I have enough problems when I see a plane I like. Give me more room, oh boy....

I will try to sale some stuff this coming summer again.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:20 PM
Keep it simple
alfoot's Avatar
Salisbury,England
Joined Jan 2005
974 Posts
Hi All,

I have been having a ball with this little Auto-G. Here is yet another close-in movie shot by my superb cameraman mate Bob that shows it off well.

Although the movie is just 3 minutes long, I can easily get 8 minutes of fun with a significant margin using a 3 cell 1300mAh battery, 10 minutes would probably be possible

Hope you enjoy it.

Al

Durafly Auto-G Autogyro 02 December 2012.wmv (3 min 4 sec)
alfoot is online now Find More Posts by alfoot
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:54 PM
Mildly Confused
Paul 1968's Avatar
UK
Joined Oct 2008
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfoot View Post
Hi All,

I have been having a ball with this little Auto-G. Here is yet another close-in movie shot by my superb cameraman mate Bob that shows it off well.

Although the movie is just 3 minutes long, I can easily get 8 minutes of fun with a significant margin using a 3 cell 1300mAh battery, 10 minutes would probably be possible

Hope you enjoy it.

Al
Nice video, very rewarding to fly ain't they. I was having a blast with mine today too. If you are enjoying the Auto G, try an LA Heli Rotorshape. I bought one from Robotbirds after the Auto G and maidened that one today. It's a hoot. Both autogyros drew a lot if attention on the field today.
Paul 1968 is offline Find More Posts by Paul 1968
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:05 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Lithonion's Avatar
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
I went to the park again, three decent flights and the fourth I thought I would try a rog again. I snapped the center hub so the extra that came with the arf has been used.

Only hand launches from here on out till I have about 10 hubs in hand.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:19 PM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
jodini's Avatar
Omaha Millard, Nebraska, United States
Joined Sep 2004
4,062 Posts
If it makes you feel better Dieter I smashed up my Whopper autogyro today! No replacement parts for that puppy!
GRRRRRRRR!
Joe
jodini is offline Find More Posts by jodini
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:23 PM
Sky's not the limit, ground is
skydanz's Avatar
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2007
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodini View Post
If it makes you feel better Dieter I smashed up my Whopper autogyro today! No replacement parts for that puppy!
GRRRRRRRR!
Joe
Say it ain't so Joe! What got broken?
D
skydanz is offline Find More Posts by skydanz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:12 PM
Registered User
Boondocks, East Coast, USA
Joined Jun 2003
648 Posts
Quick question...What is the blade assembly order from blade down? I replaced my blades but failed to take note of how they go back on. I've got the blade itself on the top, then the little piece, then the blade holder ( the part that breaks ) then the bottom piece with the nuts in thier inset.

Have I got it right? thanks fellas, I appreciate it.

W.
Wolfman is offline Find More Posts by Wolfman
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:38 PM
Sky's not the limit, ground is
skydanz's Avatar
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2007
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
Quick question...What is the blade assembly order from blade down? I replaced my blades but failed to take note of how they go back on. I've got the blade itself on the top, then the little piece, then the blade holder ( the part that breaks ) then the bottom piece with the nuts in thier inset.

Have I got it right? thanks fellas, I appreciate it.

W.
You have it correct. Just make sure the "little piece" has the slant facing up.
Don
skydanz is offline Find More Posts by skydanz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:24 PM
Registered User
Boondocks, East Coast, USA
Joined Jun 2003
648 Posts
Thanks Don.

Just an fyi...I am using a 2 bladed 10x 8 GWS HD prop...works fine. Also made a blade holder out of 1/16" aircraft plywood...not pretty but works fine too.

W
Wolfman is offline Find More Posts by Wolfman
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:57 AM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
Ken Lilja's Avatar
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2003
576 Posts
As nothing that comes out of my shop is stock, I have a few questions (modified a lot of full scale planes too).
Is the stock landing gear up to the task? I would rather mod it now than after it gets mangled. I have installed a set 1 7/8" (75mm) light fat foam wheels. I have a steerable tail wheel mod that allows for the removal of the boom and tail mount for replacement. I'll see if I can post a few photos.
Has anyone thought about flipping the rotor shaft bearing block upside down? It would lower the rotor 1/4" closer to the roll pivot axis. It also changes the pushrod geometry and length. I had a bad servo so I went with a single HS-85MG servo with 50 "oz. (3.5kg cm) torque.
Does anyone have a ballpark figure for rotor RPM?
Thanks,
Ken
Ken Lilja is online now Find More Posts by Ken Lilja
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:12 AM
Registered User
ducatirdr's Avatar
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,332 Posts
I'll be dropping my broken Y head part off at a friends house later today. He has one of those 3D printers (nice huh?) and makes his own plastic parts. The end result is stuff that feels like injection molded stuff. He made a custom multi copter motor mounts for another friend. They came out awesome and worked perfect. Like I said the stuff is durable. I'm hoping to test out one of these printed head Y's and will report back here. I can't for the life of me understand why the replacement parts are not in stock. They even mentioned its a part that breaks easily to protect the head. You'd think they would have 100's of the things ready to ship. Also why ship the bolts and other sections to the Y that breaks. Put 5 Y's in a bag and let me order just them without the rest of the blade assembly parts please.
ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:22 PM
Do you see what I see?
rcoconut's Avatar
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
I'll be dropping my broken Y head part off at a friends house later today. He has one of those 3D printers (nice huh?) and makes his own plastic parts. The end result is stuff that feels like injection molded stuff. He made a custom multi copter motor mounts for another friend. They came out awesome and worked perfect. Like I said the stuff is durable. I'm hoping to test out one of these printed head Y's and will report back here. I can't for the life of me understand why the replacement parts are not in stock. They even mentioned its a part that breaks easily to protect the head. You'd think they would have 100's of the things ready to ship. Also why ship the bolts and other sections to the Y that breaks. Put 5 Y's in a bag and let me order just them without the rest of the blade assembly parts please.
I hear ya, that's the part I'm waiting on, got my buddy working on the blade grip out of different materials & we'll see what works best, I have a feeling the Tupperware method will be the best??
rcoconut is offline Find More Posts by rcoconut
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:52 PM
OCD: Old, Cranky and Disgusted
challenger_i's Avatar
United States, TX, Sweetwater
Joined Mar 2005
1,595 Posts
I think I would fab up a new gear from .090 piano wire. The stock gear is a bit soft. The wheels work well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lilja View Post
As nothing that comes out of my shop is stock, I have a few questions (modified a lot of full scale planes too).
Is the stock landing gear up to the task? I would rather mod it now than after it gets mangled. I have installed a set 1 7/8" (75mm) light fat foam wheels. I have a steerable tail wheel mod that allows for the removal of the boom and tail mount for replacement. I'll see if I can post a few photos.
Has anyone thought about flipping the rotor shaft bearing block upside down? It would lower the rotor 1/4" closer to the roll pivot axis. It also changes the pushrod geometry and length. I had a bad servo so I went with a single HS-85MG servo with 50 "oz. (3.5kg cm) torque.
Does anyone have a ballpark figure for rotor RPM?
Thanks,
Ken
challenger_i is offline Find More Posts by challenger_i
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:57 PM
|Taranis|
scott page's Avatar
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
I hear ya, that's the part I'm waiting on, got my buddy working on the blade grip out of different materials & we'll see what works best, I have a feeling the Tupperware method will be the best??
I made two out of laser cut polycarbonate. It felt almost identical to the original. Unfortunately, I'm waiting for blades to I can test mine -- but I sent one to another person but don't know how it worked for him -- or if he received it.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:22 AM
Be here now!
ask21!'s Avatar
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
As ken lilja also I was wondering how many rpm our rotors does and if there is a corret number to achieve...
ask21! is offline Find More Posts by ask21!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Slow-g slow stick auto gyro PilotDragonfly Auto Gyros 4 May 23, 2012 08:14 PM
Sold Zenoah G-23 w/muffler and FEMA auto start LotusTRBO Aircraft - Fuel - Engines and Accessories (FS/W) 1 Jul 05, 2006 11:27 PM
Discussion Xero G Auto. epc2 Electric Heli Talk 2 Apr 01, 2006 07:08 PM
Video Xero G Auto. epc2 Electric Heli Talk 0 Apr 01, 2006 02:35 PM