HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:28 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
Makes sense - if for no other reason than the dip switches, a simple firmware swap won't help. bugger.
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:56 AM
Portugal, Lisboa, Cascais
Joined Sep 2012
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
It looks like the V2 and V1 hardware are different. Different layout and different pin count on the connectors.
Mine is on order so I'll make an updated manual for the new one.
Hopefully the gain pot issue is fixed.

Nice feature to me is the on/off capability. This makes it compeditive with the Eagle A3 Pro cause I think the HH feature of the A3 is not desirable.
BUT NOT COMPEDITIVE with the Eagle Tree guardian which is a higher level of product and support.
Hi

from the pictures the different pin count has mostly todo with the removal of the Atmel communication pins. But it's better to wait for the first v2 unit to be "inspected"

luis
lvale is online now Find More Posts by lvale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:10 AM
Redondo Beach, CA
Joined May 2005
299 Posts
Does anyone know if the v2 supports elevon mixing?
xxrando is offline Find More Posts by xxrando
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:26 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,745 Posts
It has elevon and V tail mixing.

Gord
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
189 Posts
@ Fugitive Thanks I appreciate it. Although the weeds growing on the runway have been removed and the grass. I really like this gyro, although it would have been better if they put a switch
shadowbreaker is offline Find More Posts by shadowbreaker
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined May 2011
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRuggiero View Post
BTerry,

I have two V1 stabs, and both exhibit the same problem that you found: one or more channels do not respond to transmitter commands, but they do respond to the gyro. I wonder if connecting the battery to the gyro, which will then pass power back to the receiver, might correct the problem.

Jim R.
One possibility is that the plugs are in the wrong sockets - no diss intended but I have done this myself because the labels tend to be off centre. I made a complete mess with all the RX inputs shifted by one. Other than that I have had no issues with the stabs. The pots are a little sensitive. I have flown a couple of mid wing aircraft and my Bixler in 25 knots plus of wind with one of these installed. It certainly takes care of any gusts and turbulence. I now have a couple of V2s on order, one at least will go into my delta wing Mig29 foamy. So cheap almost every model can have one.

Alan
alan.powell is offline Find More Posts by alan.powell
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:26 AM
Blacksburg, VA 24060 USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,201 Posts
alan.powell,

I've also tussled with wrong sockets because of label misalignment, but I don't think that's the problem. And I also need to get some male-male cable extensions. Meanwhile, I've put the stabs aside in order to complete other projects.

All the best,

Jim R.
JRuggiero is online now Find More Posts by JRuggiero
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:00 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,493 Posts
Here is a buddy code for the male to male connectors.http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...7-8158147219E9
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:07 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Here is a buddy code for the male to male connectors.http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...7-8158147219E9
WOW, those things are pretty short, at 1.1 inches. Things would have to be very close together for those to work. I use the 5 in. ones and a couple times I wished I had some longer, for better CG adjustment.
Great price though.
Rn
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:16 AM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
WOW, those things are pretty short, at 1.1 inches. Things would have to be very close together for those to work. I use the 5 in. ones and a couple times I wished I had some longer, for better CG adjustment.
Great price though.
Rn
3 x 5 inch leads probably weigh as much as the unit.....lol

Dave
dav3uk is offline Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:22 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3uk View Post
3 x 5 inch leads probably weigh as much as the unit.....lol

Dave
That is very true. If weight is a issue and these will work for you, sure, use them.
All the planes I have used them in are foam parkflyers and, in some cases, CG placement was more critical then weight.
But I am not sure that the 5 in units and that much heavier than the 1.5 in units.
Rn
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:00 AM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,294 Posts
In anything heavier than a 3d foamie I tend to just put them where there is space so on some they are close to the RX some they are way off. I then just make a set of leads to suit. My V2 is about to arrive and cant wait to get that in a HK B-17 for its maiden, now you can switch it on/off in flight means i can try it on all sorts of stuff.......lol

Dave
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:14 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
I bought them- they are too short to be useful another heap of junk form HK

Terry
Terry Rigden is online now Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:32 AM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,294 Posts
They are ok if the Rx and ORX are end to end next to one another (pins to pins) or mounted double decker on top of each other but anything other and you need longer

Dave
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:59 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,270 Posts
can the gyro be mounted upside down?...I.E. on the bottom of a wing?
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89