The first race of the new Season was on the last weekend, in Rosenheim/Germany:
http://www.mrt-rosenheim.de

We had over 60 Starters in 5 Classes:
1:8
1:4/1:5 Supermoto
1:5 SB-5 RTR Cup
1:5 Stock (Worlds Rules)
1:5 Superbike (28 Starters!!)

The Weather was great on the whole weekend, very sunny on Saturday, and some clouds on Sunday, but dry!

Here are the Results:
http://www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=de&tId=...Id[E]=8749

Sorry, the race report is very short this time:
The 1:8 Bikes do not attract many Starters, altough I think it is the most difficult class to drive. We saw some nicely setup Oto/ZH and GPV-1 Bikes.

In the Supermoto class 2 Anderson M5 Bikes with eGyros dominated the finals (This is the first time a 5th Scale Supermoto beats the 4th Scale bikes, as far as I know)

The RTR Class seemed to be great fun, everyone having the same bike at the same Speed - Nice Racing.

Stock: The new ESC-Motor Combo seems to work well, the Bikes were pretty fast. Aaron took the win with his Jabber.

Superbike: It was not easy to get into the A-Finals, but well worth it
The finals were unbelievable - one crash, and you found yourself on last position. All 10 Drivers were really good, and we had some good and close racing!
Edi took the win, before Marc Hinder (a new Einibike seems to be coming soon..) and Marc Lutz (SB-5). I could finish the first final before Aaron, but he was better in the other two finals, so it was him on the 4th place, and me on 5th.
Panti drove his new Jabber like there's no tomorrow, and made huge steps forward since last year. Alex, Willi, Helly and Peter completed the Top 10.

Here are the first 2,5 Minutes of the second A-Final:
RC-Bike Onroad Cup 2012 - First race Rosenheim (2 min 47 sec)

Next race is in 10 Days, at the huge Track of Sollenau:
http://www.mrc-fruehwirth.at/

Starter Numbers are significant lower, but we will have fun anyway
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2012, 11:25 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Great to hear the M5 can hack it (as I have just aquired one brand new for £90), but the E-Gyro is just too far out of my price league unfortunately.

Good report as always Bernhard, keep them coming.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old May 11, 2012, 04:01 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
Next Race starts tomorrow, at the fastest Track in Austria, Sollenau.

Imagine 2 long straights, and connect them with a banked 200 ° Turn, that is taken at about 75% Speed (or more, if you dare!).

We did a little training today. The track really eats tires, since you can powerdrift the bike out of most corners.
Most drivers should arrive tomorrow morning - We will have a Blast!
Old May 15, 2012, 01:54 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
What a race! We had a hell of a time!

Weather was not as bad as promised, with just a little shower on Saturday, just in time for lunch. After that, it got cold and windy, but kept dry.

Starter numbers were pretty low, with:
1:8: 3 Starters (2x GPV-1, 1x OTO)
1:4 Supermoto: 3 Starters (ARm)
1:5 Stock. 3 Starters (1 Jabber, 2 SB-5)
1:5 RTR: 3 Starters
1:5 Superbike: 7 Starters (2 SB-5, 5 Jabber)

RTR and Stock bikes ran in mixed heats, which worked out pretty good. The stock tires do not allow much leaning angle, but everyone was able to get around the track, and had fun!
In Stock class we saw a new Winner, Walter P., who practised the whole Winter with his Mini-Z car. And it really helped! Rene P., who does a lot of the organisation in the background, came second, and Irmi finished on 3rd Place.

1:8 and Supermoto could not be mixed, so we had only 3 bikes on the track in these classes. Not much racing action to see on that big track with 3 bikes, but the drivers had fun, and that's what it's all about!

Superbike class was very close, with Edi ahead on 1st Position, but the rest of the pack was equally fast. Helly Wolf did one good final after the other, and took a deserved 2nd place.
I managed to beat him in the 2nd final, but had too many crashes in the 3rd heat. (Crashing out on the straight - AAAHH!!!)
So I came 3rd, but as I said - the rest of the bunch was just a few seconds behind.

Edi already posted 2 Videos of the Superbike Finals, which I repost here:
2nd Round Austrian Onroad Cup in Sollenau (2nd Final Superbike) (10 min 12 sec)

2nd Round Austrian Onroad Cup in Sollenau (3rd Final Superbike) (10 min 34 sec)

I'm not sure if someone took pictures. If I see some, I'll post them here.

Now we're getting ready for the Worlds Warm-Up in Riccione, and after that we'll continue at the Track in Ettlingen on June 9./10., the hometrack of Marc Lutz!
Last edited by Gartenzwerg; May 15, 2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: wrong Video link..
Old Jun 11, 2012, 03:39 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
The 3rd round took place this weekend, in Ettlingen:
http://www.mc-ettlingen.de/

41 Starters, and 4 days of racing!

From what I've heard, the weather was dry, and the racing was good

You can see some Pics here:
http://www.modellsport-hanauer.de/album5/

And all the results here:
http://www.myrcm.ch/main?dId%5BE%5D=9158

Next round of the Onroad Cup is end of July (27-29), at the Track in Graz (Pre-Warmup race for the WC in 2013). Anyone is welcome to join us, as always.

In the meantime, we are running an international german Championship race (IDM) in Leipzig, beginning of July (6-8), http://www.dmleipzig.de/

And the Offroad-Bikes can stretch their legs as well, at the first AlpenCup Race of the season, on 23./24. June in Edling http://www.eoc-edling.de
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:30 AM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
248 Posts
Thank you Gartenzwerg
It was difficult to have pics with this bike:

because Marc Lutz has been realy fantastisc, very very fast, and win the 3 finals, Congratulation Marc

We were 26 bikers in superbike category,

it was very fun to play with bikers whose have the same driving level
lalain is offline Find More Posts by lalain
Old Jun 13, 2012, 02:41 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
Nice Video of the last race:
RC-Bike Onroad Cup Ettlingen (11 min 17 sec)
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:25 AM
Germany
Joined Jul 2006
182 Posts
And here you have an onboard video from the 3. Qualification Stockbike run filmed backwards!!
Nice Fight with Aaron and me starts at 6.50 minutes.

RC Bike Onroad Cup Ettlingen Stock Vorlauf (12 min 19 sec)
TT-Tom is offline Find More Posts by TT-Tom
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
Barcelona (Spain)
Joined Jun 2008
38 Posts
Nice video Thomas : Cool:
Pescarolo is offline Find More Posts by Pescarolo
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:16 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
Last weekend saw the 4th round of the austrian Onroad-Cup, at the Track of morac-graz (http://www.morac-graz.at/), where the Worlds 2013 will be held.

From what I've heard, the weather was great, and the race as well.

The results can be found here:
http://www.morac-graz.at/rennen/2012/erg-bike-gp12.htm

Maybe Edi wants to write a few lines about the race, Aaron just told me by phone how close it was between him and Edi.

This is the second race I missed this year, and I really was looking forward to it. But earning money (to spend it on the bikes) is more important sometimes. (And telling the Boss that going on a trip to Romania to support our product is impossible because I have to "play" with small bikes on the weekend, seemed a not so good idea to me.. )

Anyway, I look forward to the next round, on the beautiful racetrack in Kematen.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:10 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
Here is a Video from the race in Graz.
Its a practise run (3 fastest laps) from saturday. Superbike Group 5 Training 1.
MORAC RC-Bike World Championship Track 2013 (11 min 41 sec)

We had a great time at least as far as I can remember
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Last edited by edi.winter; Aug 03, 2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:50 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
Damn! Now I really regret I couldn't be there!

Crazy Video - 6 Bikes on the track, 5 of them are Jabbers
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:33 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
So... what happened in Kematen?!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:14 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
652 Posts
Well - the usual things, that happen at a Bike race.

Nice People, nice weather, surrounded by the beautiful scenery of Tirol - what more can you ask for?

Starter numbers were a little low, maybe because of the upcoming World Championship, but beside that it was a great race.

We had 12 Starters in Stock, 3 in the SB-5 RTR class, and 11 Superbikes (4 of them using their Stock-Bike as a double entry in the Superbike class). Drahomir brought his Nitro-Bike as well, but did not run it since he was the only Nitro driver.

We agreed to run the 3 RTR Bikes together with the Stock class, so they had two nice groups.

Panti and me arrived on Saturday morning, just in time to watch the campers get up

The track in Kematen is very special, with a looong straight (it does not look or feel long, but considering what speed your bike gets there, it has to be long ), and a very tight and twisty Infield.
I struggled the whole Saturday, to find the proper lines and brake points.
In the end Edi pointed me into the right direction, by noticing a special setting on my ESC, that made my bike harder to drive than it had to be.
A few setup changes, and at the end of the day it started to feel good.
We ran a timed practise and the first timed heat on Saturday afternoon.

The whole crowd went to a nice little restaurant in the evening, to talk a little more about the most important things in life - RC-bikes

On Sunday the weather was absolutely brilliant - no Clouds, blue Sky, and fresh Air.

In the morning we did another two timed heats, and then we went into the finals.

Stock class was dominated by Michi Meier and his new Einibike. He seems to be on a good way for Riccione!
Rene P. came second with his SB-5 in stock form, I'm very curious what he will do in Riccione. Hagen came third.
Panti changed his Jabber to Stock Configuration at the last race in Graz, and is very fast too, but crashes too much. He got on fourth place.
Irmi, who is on the track at least once per week was a little too nervous in the timed heats, and had to drive the B-Final. She won two finals, having nice battles with Drahomir (RTR) and Walter.

I guess you all know who won the Superbike class - Edi of course
Alex and Helly fought for 2nd Place, which Alex could take in the 3rd Final.
I could drive almost the same lap times as those two, but had 1 or 2 driving mistakes in every final, so I could not battle them.
Manfred (another local driver on a Jabber) improved his laptimes in every run, and got a deserved 5th place (beating me in the 3rd final).
Daniel drove the only non-Jabber in the A-Final, a new Einibike. He got on 6th Place.
Everyone was using the Roadies tires, Pro or Soft.

You can find the results here (Big thanks to Rene P.):
http://members.chello.at/rc-biker/ergebnislisten.html

And some pics are already online (again thanks to Rene )
https://picasaweb.google.com/noidl64...up2012_Kematen

Now get away from that Computer, and prepare your Bike for Riccione!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:58 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartenzwerg View Post

Now get away from that Computer, and prepare your Bike for Riccione!
YESSIR!

(thanks for the nice report, too!!!!)
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh