Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:33 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
Yes!! thanks Jim that's the one!!!

This is what we are looking for!

aaaahhhh teamwork!!! I am cheering for CC to come out with a killer ESC!

Steve
unlike Tom and I, at least you didn't go out and buy 4 just for a quad!!!
Al
alros_100 is offline Find More Posts by alros_100
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:00 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
The copter control settings - bring the output rate down
Ok I just did as you suggested. Copter control allows the following and result is listed

60 hz - unflyable severe delay
276 hz better but unflyable
333 hz flyable but not good
400 hz best of the bunch but still same slow ESC response as I described above.

I fooled around with Pids some more. Still no joy very sluggish response (actually it sounds unlike any multirotor I have flown - one doesn't hear the the rapidly changing motor speed)

If I increase p value - slow oscillation. If you purposefully start an oscillation by moving the stick back and forth then let go, the oscillations keep building untill I had to cut throttle and hard land it.

Maybe the faster refresh didn't make it in the "release" version of the castle firmware - can someone from castle actually confirm that the version we can install from your software actually has this 0-100% throttle 50x/second???

Al
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:51 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alros_100 View Post
Ok I just did as you suggested. Copter control allows the following and result is listed

60 hz - unflyable severe delay
276 hz better but unflyable
333 hz flyable but not good
400 hz best of the bunch but still same slow ESC response as I described above.

I fooled around with Pids some more. Still no joy very sluggish response (actually it sounds unlike any multirotor I have flown - one doesn't hear the the rapidly changing motor speed)

If I increase p value - slow oscillation. If you purposefully start an oscillation by moving the stick back and forth then let go, the oscillations keep building untill I had to cut throttle and hard land it.
Thanks for your testing & report !

Quote:
Maybe the faster refresh didn't make it in the "release" version of the castle firmware - can someone from castle actually confirm that the version we can install from your software actually has this 0-100% throttle 50x/second???
Al
What a great thought………I sure hope that is actually the case!

Tom
tkeeg is online now Find More Posts by tkeeg
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
840 Posts
In case you guys missed it, over on the Hoverfly Vendors Thread, Cossacs posted the following regarding the Castle Creations new multi-rotor firmware:

“It looks like Castle Creations added "multirotor" options but forgot to add firmware support for it
Throttle response is not "very fast", it is very slow, much slower than "throttle response 10" in aircraft mode. Motor rpm change reactions on my Phoenix Ice 75 many times slower comparing to HK BlueSeries 40A ESC with Simonk firmware. All cuttoffs were disabled.
I think it is just some silly mistake in firmware. “

I wanted this to be included in this Castle Creations Vendors thread so that their tech people will see what is being experienced by end users and aide them in finding a fix to the problem so I copied his comments over here.

Tom
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:30 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Good news....sort of ...

Folks

For the hell of it, I reset the castle 25 firmware to airplane mode and set throttle response to custom "10"....

guess what it works!!! it isn't perfect but it is totally flyable and adjustable !

So it has to be a bug or an omission in the firmware.

Tom do you still have the castle stuff on your DJI or did you remove them - Do you want to try in airplane mode ?

Al
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:50 PM
Olathe,KS,USA
Joined Oct 2000
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Folks

For the hell of it, I reset the castle 25 firmware to airplane mode and set throttle response to custom "10"....

guess what it works!!! it isn't perfect but it is totally flyable and adjustable !

Tom do you still have the castle stuff on your DJI or did you remove them - Do you want to try in airplane mode ?

Al
Al -- We'll check on it ASAP. Something wrong in the release code.... --
Patrick del Castillo is offline Find More Posts by Patrick del Castillo
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:50 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,621 Posts
Quote:
Folks

Al

I have used the airplane mode and it does work very well. You need to make sure that you select the fixed-endpoints mode and you are good to go.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:28 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I have used the airplane mode and it does work very well. You need to make sure that you select the fixed-endpoints mode and you are good to go.

yes did that !

Al
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:52 AM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
840 Posts
Quote:
Al
Hi Al,

No I removed them right after doing the testing and put the Chinese ESC’s back in so I could fly it.
As soon as Patrick announces the fix I’ll put them back in. It is just time consuming and a pain in the neck to switch them over in my particular build.
I sure hope that it gets resolved soon since I have a feeling that these are going to be great once this issue is sorted out.

Tom
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:53 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick del Castillo View Post
Al -- We'll check on it ASAP. Something wrong in the release code.... --
Thats great Patrick - looking forward to seeing a fix!

al
Last edited by alros_100; Mar 13, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Sep 2010
13 Posts
Hi all,
are those controllers will work correctly with tigermotor mt 3506 motors? http://www.rctigermotor.com/show.php?contentid=142

I'm asking, because 4 of 5 my chinese controllers have issue when working with this motor. The issue is sync loss on high current, when throttle increasing very fast. It look like this:
срыв синхры (0 min 16 sec)

Only avionix 12a works good with this motor O_o
Wishnuu is offline Find More Posts by Wishnuu
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:47 PM
Great White North
Joined Jun 2008
648 Posts
Any Updates ?

Any Updates Patrick ?

Al
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:52 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,621 Posts
It usually takes a while to develop the code and do the alpha testing before they are ready to release a beta version for all of us the try. I would not expect anything for a few months.
RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:58 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I was under impression the beta was already "ready"
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:13 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001