HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irononreverse View Post
Are you using sandisk cards? Apparently they're problematic.

You should look into getting a portable battery, like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%A...3484195&sr=8-2

or this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-Emer...3484195&sr=8-5

To allow you to record for hours at a time, using a card bigger than 4gb is useless with the built in battery life of about 40 minutes anyway.
We tend to buy larger capacity for more a storage as well, so to place all your eggs in one basket is not a good thing. agree an external battery source outside the rc planes is great.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:15 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
I already have 2 SD cards damaged by the camera: one is 16GB and one is 8GB. The latest was damaged by the v0.36 firmware so I think the bug is in firmware from many times.
If I will spend more on the cards than on the camera will become a bad choice.
So is not a good idea to spend much money on 32GB cards because of price and high risk of failure.

I hope the developer will solve ASAP the bug when battery become empty and camera still recording. I was using the loop mode.
Here is a post from the #11 and #16 key chain camera thread that describes one method and freeware application for recovering a failed memory card:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3867

It is not simple but has worked for many. Make darn sure which disk or removeable drive you turn the "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" applications loose on or you might damage a partition on a drive that you system needs to run.

There is a video stuff that can be learned from reading the FAQ on the #11/#16 camera thread's FAQ:

#16 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...17&postcount=3

Some of the questions here as to the qualities and characteristics of the video files that are gotten from these various cameras can be answered with a freeware named Avidemux that can analyze a raw video sample from a *.avi or *.mov file and list a lot of info about the file.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
I already have 2 SD cards damaged by the camera: one is 16GB and one is 8GB. The latest was damaged by the v0.36 firmware so I think the bug is in firmware from many times.
If I will spend more on the cards than on the camera will become a bad choice.
So is not a good idea to spend much money on 32GB cards because of price and high risk of failure.

I hope the developer will solve ASAP the bug when battery become empty and camera still recording. I was using the loop mode.
I don't know what you mean by "damaged", but if you mean your cards flip to "read-only", then this is NOT a camera problem but a card problem! Sandisk are especially vulnerable. Sandisk are aware of the problem but don't yet have a solution. They will replace your cards free of charge, but what's the point if the new card has the same problem?
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:22 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Bug fix: turn it off before it dies. That's like saying I wish Motorola would fix the bug where I can no longer send text messages after my phone dies. More common sense than a bug
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
90 plugs

There have been a lot of posts about 90 plugs recently, and the same question comes up from time to time.

It is fairly easy to make your own cables using these plugs and this is one of the main reasons I love the mini USB 5-pin plug and would not want to see it replaced by a totally non-standard 8-pin mini USB!!

I know it's an old post, but I posted about these plugs on the #11 thread a year ago.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
There have been a lot of posts about 90 plugs recently, and the same question comes up from time to time.

It is fairly easy to make your own cables using these plugs and this is one of the main reasons I love the mini USB 5-pin plug and would not want to see it replaced by a totally non-standard 8-pin mini USB!!

I know it's an old post, but I posted about these plugs on the #11 thread a year ago.
Welcome to the world of sales. you have no control over that. why the next gen Iphone is going to make a bigger profit for an example. "SALES"
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:24 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobflyman View Post
I think I should have said a 16# v2. as it has a red IR filter on the outside and the video out cable. Firmware is v0 35. Should I up date to V 0 36 Tom? I have video out disabled as I don't need it but on second test I still only got 10 mins record time. It's not card prob as it's a known class 4.

The other thing is, when it does stop it goes into a weird mode where it's reluctant to turn off. Eventually it does but after a quick flashing LED mode.

I wish they just done as I'd asked and sent the good old reliable 16# v1.

Of course it may just be a duff battery. I suppose my best course of action is to try another.
The note with the V0.36 FW tells what it does differently than the prior one, as always. It fixes a web cam issue with some computers. So if you don't need webcam, you won't see any difference. Ditto with the V2 vs V1, Turn off video out and you have a V1. Try a different battery, but first I'd let the one you have charge for 2-3 hours and run some more cycles through it. If no improvement, try the other battery.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jul 28, 2012, 01:23 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Welcome to the world of sales. you have no control over that. why the next gen Iphone is going to make a bigger profit for an example. "SALES"
Er I'm having trouble working out what the putative future sales profits of a yet unannounced future iPhone has to do with Model Aerial Photography here and now

Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jul 28, 2012, 01:49 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Developers:

As the usb plug/connector sits in a seating, it can be reseated to the side, with a plug. so either way, if you want a straight, or 90, even reversed, you do not have to remake new cables.
Are you suggesting, or that the developers put a large clunky 4 pin USB PLUG sticking out of the side of the camera? or a wire with a plug on it sticking out of the side?
Quote:

Purchasing an 90 defeats the use as it extends the plug, not corecting, What may be the issue that some see. that not all fly on one's level, each will use their cameras for different purposes..
I don't quite understand what needs correcting with the plug/scocket/cable
Quote:

: Adaboy Ridgewalker addaboy,
Mike
Old Jul 28, 2012, 02:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Are you suggesting, or that the developers put a large clunky 4 pin USB PLUG sticking out of the side of the camera? or a wire with a plug on it sticking out of the side? I don't quite understand what needs correcting with the plug/scocket/cableMike
I said it clearly. there is enough room for a connector to be pulled out the cable, and seated to the side. and a plug can be placed in.

Maybe I should havve said if the cable had no housing and just the metal housing. you then see it more clearly, right?

and I said adaboy to the person because give credit where do and ....

no I said nothing of placing a cable larger I said repositining. difference.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 02:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Here is a perfect example of a flexable adaptor
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:24 PM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
The note with the V0.36 FW tells what it does differently than the prior one, as always. It fixes a web cam issue with some computers. So if you don't need webcam, you won't see any difference. Ditto with the V2 vs V1, Turn off video out and you have a V1. Try a different battery, but first I'd let the one you have charge for 2-3 hours and run some more cycles through it. If no improvement, try the other battery.
Have sorted the problem. (or it might have been two problems.)

Changed the battery for a new one , quite tricky as the old plug didn't want to come out with teasing it with cocktail sticks and putting the new battery plug in was difficult resulting in bending the socket up off the circuit board. Fortunately no damage. (I have installed new batteries before with ease.) Anyway to cut to chase. I charged this battery which did take longer than the original (a good sign) but put in a card from another cam. (But exactly the same make and size. 4 gb class 4 Kingston.) Fired it up and got 37 mins. (as you'd expect.) still curious if it would be ok with the other 4 Gb KIngston class 4, I recharged and fired off again and got 9 mins. SO it appears it may have been a card problem in the first place? I've been using these cams for a couple of years now, always class 4 good brand and never had any isssues so quite weird really.

Anyhow, I did an in camera format with the 'problem' card, recharged battery again, and fired off a video and got 38 mins. First time I have ever used in camera formatting because as said, never had any issues before. Thought I'd share this as it seems quite an unusual problem?
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:33 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,991 Posts
Quote:
I said it clearly. there is enough room for a connector to be pulled out the cable, and seated to the side. and a plug can be placed in.

Maybe I should havve said if the cable had no housing and just the metal housing. you then see it more clearly, right?

and I said adaboy to the person because give credit where do and ....

no I said nothing of placing a cable larger I said repositining. difference.
lets just agree to differ in our English Mike
Old Jul 28, 2012, 03:34 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,394 Posts
I was about to suggest the in camera format. I have restored cards in a Casio camera otherwise considered locked. Avoid Windows, too many checks and balances. The Casio will try to reformat a potato chip!
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot