Closed Thread
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:39 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwingvr6 View Post
Nope, I didn't ask them to delete it. I didn't check if the 20 thing is on there but I probably won't shoot more than 20 minutes at a time either.
I got it from this guy. http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-HD-DV-key-c...item2561584a5a
if you scroll down that link, it says it has the "latest" timeoff 20min close&continue s/w
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:45 AM
Joined May 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMcCoy View Post
Have you tried taking videos with the #11 cam on a multi-rotor helicopter?
Nope...... But that's a lot worse I guess?

I'm curious about the difference with and without your mount.
wfvn is offline Find More Posts by wfvn
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:10 AM
Don't Call Me Shirley
United States, VA, Bassett
Joined Oct 2010
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwingvr6 View Post
I ordered one from the same guy. I added a note asking him to remove the time/date stamp. He replied that he would do so and check it before shipping.
Tucknut is online now Find More Posts by Tucknut
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:13 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
I think that he already update all his camera's:

Quote:
The latest updated file can do :

1 It removes the time and date

2 When the battery dies, the current recording is now saved, rather than lost.

3 Rather than creating a new file every 20 mins, it now creates a new one every 4GB.

4 The video files created can be edited as normal - no transcoding required.
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:23 AM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfvn View Post

I use my camera's on my velomobile (recumbent tricycle with fairing). M.
http://velomobielfan.blogspot.com/20...-monteren.html
wfvn,
nice movie.. very stable.. what intrigued me most and I'd like to ask about is the USB cable .. normally if its a standard miniUSB cable as this white one looks to be .. I did not think you could record at the same time you charge the cam.. was this white cable modified to be a special Pin 4 type at the camera end?

But the other odd thing is the audio beeps.. generally you should not be getting these beeps unless disconnected and the internal cam battery is low.. .. or I suppose .. unless the cam is connected to a special Pin 4 cable and the external 5.0 battery is low.. Was the external battery low if this cable was connected?? Just curious.. Nice looking Bike .. have you got a photo of the entire Bike?
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:58 AM
Joined May 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims123 View Post
wfvn,
nice movie.. very stable.. what intrigued me most and I'd like to ask about is the USB cable .. normally if its a standard miniUSB cable as this white one looks to be .. I did not think you could record at the same time you charge the cam.. was this white cable modified to be a special Pin 4 type at the camera end?
The white cable isn't working properly. I used a diode to lower the voltage by 0,7V. But that isn't a good idea. Just connect the red +5V cable directly to pin 4 and it DOES work. Don't connect the two data cables so just the black (0V) to pin 5 and red (+5V) to pin 4. I have one cable without diode, this one does work, zo record AND power the camera at the same time. Unfortunately I don't have much use for it right now because the current firmware (V2) does not support continuous recording at 4GB files. But one of my camera's has a bad battery, it only works about 12 minutes. But when connected to the special cable, it can record up to 4 GB at a time.
Quote:
But the other odd thing is the audio beeps.. generally you should not be getting these beeps unless disconnected and the internal cam battery is low..
See above. Problem solved with diode removed.
I ordered new miniUSB connectors so I can make all cables suitable for powering while recording.

Another cable (which also works) is a normal USB which has the miniUSB cut off. I connected it to the original car adaptor cable (also cut off of the car adaptor).

Quote:
Just curious.. Nice looking Bike .. have you got a photo of the entire Bike?
apparently I can't place images from my weblog (I just get a icon, not even a thumbnail) so a link to my weblog with the first pictures of the finished bike:

http://velomobielfan.blogspot.com/20...hem-quemo.html

[edit]
I see I missed a thing or 2:

1) a pic of my bike is also in the link you mention in the quote.
2) the white cable on the picture is a completely standard USB cable (which doesn't power while recording as you know). Later on I cut off the mini USB connector and connected a new connector to the cable, using pin 4 and 5 AND a diode between the red +5V cable and pin 4. Now I have the same cable, same pins in use (4 and 5) but no diode. The last cable does work.
wfvn is offline Find More Posts by wfvn
Last edited by wfvn; Jun 22, 2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:01 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billhally View Post
Anyone?
Yes, and Yes!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 22, 2011, 03:23 PM
AMA Member since 1984
Joined Jan 2010
41 Posts
Some of you guys might want to take a look at this.
Uses 18650 LION batterys.
I ordered one for myself just cause I have dozens and dozens of the 18650's pulled from laptop battery packs.

I've found that on most dead packs that there is usualy only 1 battery
that is dead, the rest are OK.

4 2600ma 18650's=10400mah.

http://cgi.ebay.com/280676551414?ru=...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
RcNutDave is offline Find More Posts by RcNutDave
Old Jun 22, 2011, 03:51 PM
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Apr 2011
96 Posts
That's a really cool pack RcNutDave. Wish I would have found that months ago. That should power the camera all day lol.
xamindar is offline Find More Posts by xamindar
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:55 PM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcNutDave View Post
Some of you guys might want to take a look at this.
Uses 18650 LION batterys.
I ordered one for myself just cause I have dozens and dozens of the 18650's pulled from laptop battery packs.

I've found that on most dead packs that there is usualy only 1 battery
that is dead, the rest are OK.

4 2600ma 18650's=10400mah.

http://cgi.ebay.com/280676551414?ru=...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
From the picture, it appears that the cells are wired in series.
So, that would only be 2600 mah, wouldn't it?
I think that only the voltage would be multiplied by four, not the mah.
I guess you could rewire it to make it parallel to get the higher capacity, but then the voltage would be X 1. Is that high enough?
If you went to the bother to rewire it, it might be easier to just make your own box out of scrap, eh?

Walt
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:09 PM
Joined Apr 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite View Post
From the picture, it appears that the cells are wired in series.
So, that would only be 2600 mah, wouldn't it?
I think that only the voltage would be multiplied by four, not the mah.
I guess you could rewire it to make it parallel to get the higher capacity, but then the voltage would be X 1. Is that high enough?
If you went to the bother to rewire it, it might be easier to just make your own box out of scrap, eh?

Walt
The above is completely wrong. It is a USB power supply that has to provide 5V power so it has a regulator. It might not be 10400mah but it will definitely be a lot more than 2600mah whether they are in series or parallel. To me they look parallel but who knows.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:47 PM
Episyrphus balteatus
Sweden
Joined Dec 2008
183 Posts
Disregard this whole post!

Itīs most definitely wired in series. The 18650 LiOn cells are 1,2 V and since USB is 5 V you need to connect the cells in series: 1.2V X 4=4.8V. The regulator probably step the voltage up .2V and also keep the voltage up until the cells are completely empty since the voltage normally drops with usage.

The capacity is depending of the LiOn, if they are say 1500 mAh each the pack will also have 1500 mAh. If you want 4 X 1500 mAh (5000 mAh) you connect the cells in parallel but then you would only have 1.2V.

Easiest way to get more capacity would in my opinion be to splice in a battery connector between the camera and the battery pack. This way you can have several batteries and as high mAh as you want!
Paxman is offline Find More Posts by Paxman
Last edited by Paxman; Jun 22, 2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:49 PM
Joined Apr 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxman View Post
Itīs most definitely wired in series. Itīs clearly made for AA batteries and since USB is 5 V you need to connect the batteries in series: 1.5V X 4=5V.
The capacity is depending of the AAīs, if they are say 1500 mAh each the pack will also have 1500 mAh.

If you want 4 X 1500 mAh (5000 mAh) you connect the batteries in parallel but then you would only have 1.5V.
It's clearly made for AA batteries when it doesn't state such ANYWHERE in the link? Are you sure you are looking at the same ebay auction that was linked? It even states in the TITLE that it is for 18650 batteries.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:50 PM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Which is probably the best software for editing videos, for best results (don't care if it's payable? (I read all from post #3 : Video Editing)

many thanks
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:01 PM
AMA Member since 1984
Joined Jan 2010
41 Posts
This one is wired parallel. LION is 3.7-4.2v. If cells are 2500ma X 4=10000ma.

Here is one wired 2 cell in series X 2 parallel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/260767418465?ru=...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
RcNutDave is offline Find More Posts by RcNutDave
Closed Thread