HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2009, 09:51 AM
One of the usual suspects
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jun 2007
1,473 Posts
At least the Domain name is owned in the US.

Registrant:
robert romash
1442 Kirkham st
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80910
United States

Domain Name: GRAVITYHOBBY.COM
Created on: 29-Jun-09
Expires on: 29-Jun-12
Last Updated on: 20-Oct-09

All will be well when the first customer gets his airplane...
Vicarious is online now Find More Posts by Vicarious
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:17 AM
Happy fly begin
Joined Aug 2004
681 Posts
I placed an order yesterday. Will see how long and from where they come from.
JimH is online now Find More Posts by JimH
Old Nov 25, 2009, 01:00 PM
left, left, oh, my other left!
Western Mass
Joined Feb 2008
412 Posts
I placed an order a few days ago. I'd tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. Sounds to me like they're just hitting some bumps setting up a new business - If my planes arrive and the Cox warbirds live on, I'm happy.
smrouss is offline Find More Posts by smrouss
Old Nov 25, 2009, 04:19 PM
Joined Jan 2008
679 Posts
I agree with the above posts sentiments (last 2-3 above), I could care less if these are manufactured in China, but the "spamish" posts / threads with no other purpose than to advertise Gravity Hobby should stop, it's not a good look.
Merkava is offline Find More Posts by Merkava
Old Nov 25, 2009, 05:00 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
I agree with the above posts sentiments (last 2-3 above), I could care less if these are manufactured in China, but the "spamish" posts / threads with no other purpose than to advertise Gravity Hobby should stop, it's not a good look.
I agree with that. honesty is always the best. If it's coming from china, just say so. That's where they came from in the first place. Ditto on the spammers, especially when it looks like a form of broken english called Chinglish. you know..... "Our product fly best, cheapest discount anywhere, U see quickly!"
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Nov 25, 2009, 07:05 PM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
I really don't see where any of it really matters...I mean when I go to the meat market for Liver I don't demand to look up the Cows butt......just give me good liver and take care of me if the liver is bad.....

so it can't be had in Europe yet....well there are plane kits in Europe that we can't get here....even though you can visit their website and translate the page to english.

I would love to get parts for my Riccs Mirage 2000, parts are available in Belgium, but not here...Oh Well too bad for me eh?

just the nature of the beast

just my two cents, but it seems some folks would remark negatively about brand new nylon ropes on a fifty year old vessel ya know.
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:05 PM
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
Strange..... I sent a few PMs, one regarding local pickup. i figured since the warehouse was here in Florida and I travel a bit, I could save on shipping. I get a response from TEX.......

"I am not in Fla and I doubt they will allow wrhs pick up.

Everything is in China ATM."

I thought you said these were manufactered here in the states and not china?
You PMed me about prototypes for the P-38 and if you could stop by the warehouse and pick up product. If it means THAT much to you, I can call the warehouse and find out. As a matter of fact, you can also call them, the number is on the upper right hand corner of the website.

I don't live in Fla, I am in the Chicago area. Gravity Hobby's warehouse is in Miami and products are manufactured in China. I never said anything was manufactured in the states, I said the company is managed in the states and run here in America. Did you think the Cox Warbirds were maunfactured in the states?

Quote:
Since I got shut out from Cox's end demise, I've attempted to forge some sort of communication as I'm excited about these coming back, but I get the feeling of being brushed off. Sad, considering how far these birds have come in the hands of those who aren't the maker. Now we see the start of shills that are spamming this site with ads for Gravity Hobby.

Please say it isn't so............

I understand you are mad at Cox for leaving you in the dark about the P-38 project, but don't toss your dirty laundry on me Joe.

Furthermore, private PM's are just that, I believe there is a rule against posting private messages. I have chosen to take the high road, so I will not be posting the PMs you sent me.
[]TEX[] is offline Find More Posts by []TEX[]
Last edited by []TEX[]; Nov 25, 2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:08 PM
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
If I place an order on your website, being that the warehouse is in Miami..... how long will it take before I get my order considering I am 2.5 hours away?

I really want to be able to believe in you guys...........
How ever long it takes UPS to deliver it to you.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:10 PM
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimH View Post
I placed an order yesterday. Will see how long and from where they come from.
The Classic Warbirds are already out of stock, there will be another shipment arriving ina week or so according to Miami.

If your batch did not go out this time it will on the next shipment.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:12 PM
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
At least the Domain name is owned in the US.

Registrant:
robert romash
1442 Kirkham st
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80910
United States

Domain Name: GRAVITYHOBBY.COM
Created on: 29-Jun-09
Expires on: 29-Jun-12
Last Updated on: 20-Oct-09

All will be well when the first customer gets his airplane...
That is becasue it is US based. Not sure how else to get that accross here.

As for that other unexplained post. I know all the reps, and that person is not one of them. We know that spamming is not accepted here or anywhere.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 08:18 PM
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Some clarity

I am a REP for Gravity Hobby.

I do not run/own/make decisions for said company.

As you all know, starting a new company takes time and the road is a bumpy one to say the least.

We want you to have our products, but we have decided to run things wisely in this economy.

All I can ask is for you guys to be patient. If you have a question, email me. If you don't get a response via the Gravity Hobby website, emai lme. I will personally find the answer or solve any issues.

Matt
Gravity Hobby
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:26 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by []TEX[] View Post
I have chosen to take the high road, so I will not be posting the PMs you sent me.

???/

I have nothing to hide. Airing dirty laundry? Not sure what you read into. feel free to post whatever messages I sent you. like I said previously, I have nothing to hide. In fact, all my messages to were....... nevermind.

I've got the answers I need.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Nov 26, 2009, 02:27 AM
Joined Jan 2008
679 Posts
OK fella's everything is sorted, now TEX how about kicking the I.T. guy in the backside and getting him to allow international visitors (read customers) access to the website. If you don't have the power, can you speak to someone who has, surely you Gravity don't want to exclude international customers (half the posts in this thread and the Cox Micro Warbird II thread are from people located outside the USA).

Perhaps if Gravity Hobby own these "cox warbirds - classic warbirds" they could find international dealers / distributors (locate one in Australia first please ... )
Merkava is offline Find More Posts by Merkava
Old Nov 26, 2009, 09:01 AM
Northeast Illinois
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
OK fella's everything is sorted, now TEX how about kicking the I.T. guy in the backside and getting him to allow international visitors (read customers) access to the website. If you don't have the power, can you speak to someone who has, surely you Gravity don't want to exclude international customers (half the posts in this thread and the Cox Micro Warbird II thread are from people located outside the USA).

Perhaps if Gravity Hobby own these "cox warbirds - classic warbirds" they could find international dealers / distributors (locate one in Australia first please ... )
Yes, we are working on that.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 09:41 AM
Captain Carnage says......
Seminole (St Pete.), Florida/ Seminole Crash Fest
Joined Jun 2002
5,329 Posts
Tex

Thanks so much for staying in on the threads, I have seen many Vendor Reps bail after being chewed on harshly in the past.
I think that speaks multitudes for integrity.

Mr Lin (we all know who he is) is one thick skinned man in my opinion
It's nice to see you following in the same vein.

Chuck
AirWarriorBelgy is offline Find More Posts by AirWarriorBelgy