SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Alex Schauer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:43 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
What RX? Just wondering. I've had that issue before with one of the channels.

Dan
DJO is online now Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How to Choose an R/C Radio [HQ]
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:45 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99 View Post
Well one question. I'm just saying... I had my expo down at 35% I know the manual recommends like 70%, but I hate the numbing effects of expo. I like my controls to be touchy. But not too touchy, which, is what expo is for. And that's why I had a goodish bit of it because of the extreme throws. And the plane seemed to respond like 1/20th of a second too late (I ground tested and range tested the servos and they moved perfectly with my stick movements. It's definitely not a radio or servo problem. I think the surfaces were flexing. Because this only happened at high speeds. They were completely responsive in a harrier/hover and low and slow maneuvers.
yup thats epp for ya! my epp 48 extra has a rediculous amount of blowback from all the crashes and stuff. but yeah it has lots of blowback and the flexing dosent help either hut thats only at high speeds.
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:46 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Ah alright, it probably isn't the RX then. But I did have an issue similar, but that was a different situation. Maybe just put CF in the control surfaces?

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:46 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCgirl383 View Post
Nonono. Red and blue is better then blue and yellow!!! Duh!! Attachment 5499879 look at these beauties!
at least you have spinners. the only plans that have spinners for me are the nitros and my 72. and none of them match the plane.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:47 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
Why not rebuild the 40'' Edge? I don't think moving all the way up to a 57 is a good idea, at all...

The 300X is cool but you still need a DLG

Dan
The landing gear have ripped out and they shattered the lg mount. And I fixed it with a super strong job with epoxy (I mean really strong) and it crashed, again to what I thing was flexing in the surfaces and it slammed in. Everything was fine, except the lg mount/box is pretty screwed and when I pulled the servos out it ripped some foam on accident and the motor mount is pretty cracked.
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:47 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Quote:
The landing gear have ripped out and they shattered the lg mount. And I fixed it with a super strong job with epoxy (I mean really strong) and it crashed, again to what I thing was flexing in the surfaces and it slammed in. Everything was fine, except the lg mount/box is pretty screwed and when I pulled the servos out it ripped some foam on accident and the motor mount is pretty cracked.
Well, if you do the same thing with a 57, it's going to be a LOT worse. And a LOT harder to fix. You need something smaller to train on first IMO

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:48 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
264 Posts
Quote:
Ah alright, it probably isn't the RX then. But I did have an issue similar, but that was a different situation. Maybe just put CF in the control surfaces?

Dan
Nah, u can see like 3 CF strips and a rod running through the surfaces.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:48 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Quote:
Nah, u can see like 3 CF strips and a rod running through the surfaces.
Cool, cool. So balsa is probably a good option then if you don't want that to happen... you've flown balsa, right? Can't remember, sorry

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:50 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
264 Posts
Quote:
What RX? Just wondering. I've had that issue before with one of the channels.

Dan
AR6115e. Genuine spekky. Had it laying around... I tested it on some random servos and a RX pack before actually putting it in the plane.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:51 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
264 Posts
Quote:
Cool, cool. So balsa is probably a good option then if you don't want that to happen... you've flown balsa, right? Can't remember, sorry

Dan
Yea. A 60 something inch RV-8.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:51 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
That's a park flyer receiver.... very bad choice for a 40'' WS plane!

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:53 PM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
264 Posts
And Dan how the did u get a 8FG?

I have also been side glancing at the DX18. That thing is sweeeeeeet. Flown on one... And WOW... My 7s is just fine
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered User
Joined Oct 2012
382 Posts
Ii heard a guy used 6100es on trex 600ns all season with no issues. Not saying to do that.
helipilot23 is offline Find More Posts by helipilot23
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:55 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
Joined Oct 2011
3,615 Posts
Quote:
And Dan how the did u get a 8FG?

I have also been side glancing at the DX18. That thing is sweeeeeeet. Flown on one... And WOW... My 7s is just fine
LOL... I got the 8FG with no RXs for $250 shipped right here on the classifieds. It should be coming tomorrow

RXs are $28 a piece. I've got two already (full range, 7ch FrSKY FASST stuff), and going to need another tiny one for the Binary 900 DLG that's coming in the mail to me as well

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:56 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,564 Posts
you still got the 40 epp? willing to sell it? and do you have pics of all the damage?
Closed Thread