SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 26, 2015, 02:31 PM
Find More Posts by Terracide
Joined Jun 2015
18 Posts
Discussion
Lasergame / Augemented Reality with RC

Hello, I have an idea that i want to share and talk about since i cannot find much about it on the net.

Let me start that i am building my first quadcopter right now, and other that RC cars i have no experience with RC aviation. I saw a few guys racing in a parking garage and in a wood and that got me so excited i decided to build one.

I saw this:

Fast Fright Friday - FPV Racing (3 min 56 sec)

And i saw this:

FPV Racing - Crash Session!!! (4 min 22 sec)

now what it reminded me of was a mix between pod racer like star wars, and mario kart. And i was thinking would it be possible to mix a game over the FPV goggles when flying... I mean easy would be playing lasergame where you can simply use a laser and a receiver on the quads to play a game and display the score on the OSD.

But much cooler it would be when you could see stuff like extra points, super weapons etc on your goggles through augmented reality. Something like this is done were a normal room is transformed into a game:

Just another day in the office at Magic Leap (1 min 36 sec)

I did find something Parrot did a while ago, and i think this is exactly the tech needed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=28&v=w1PzPqgDHzA

What do you people think, is augmented reality something that would add to the fun of racing? Making the line between computer games and real world even more thin?
Terracide is offline Find More Posts by Terracide
Last edited by Terracide; Jun 26, 2015 at 03:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts