as the name says!
Barbados
Joined Sep 2012
409 Posts
Idea
Proposed Plans and Templates Forum

Forum Name: Plans and Templates

Category: Aircraft//General

Description: A place where members can post free plans which they have found, discuss and utilize them

Justification: There is currently no forum specifically for plans and templates forcing users to spend lots of time digging through very old threads looking for a set of plansand/or templates. Instead of persons having to dig around in the other aircraft forums and keep posting new threads asking for plans all persons with plans can post them in this section. This would make it easier for the persons seeking the plans which would just be found with a simple search of the forum(when many plans are posted. Any new plans will be posted in this forum instead of being mixed up with other build logs etc.

It will contain:The various freeplans found or developed and voluntarily posted by users not clashing with any copyrighted material.

I am not sure of the need for this thread hence the reason I placed the poll. You will be able to make your judgement based on the said poll
AirplaneFreak100 is offline Find More Posts by AirplaneFreak100
Last edited by AirplaneFreak100; Oct 13, 2013 at 06:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2013, 03:48 AM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
9,318 Posts
I can't decide.
It's like that nagging question at the supermarket. " Paper , Plastic? "
I will say it takes many years of R/C Groups membership to learn how to navigate search missions successfully. And often it doesn't always come easy to the internet challenged, single finger typist. Like me. Seems I often am typing away looking down and when I look up there's a Hobby King ad starring at me so not a single hard found letter got recorded for all eternity.
Often searches take me away from my planned route and onto a path of discovery to wonderous places I never dreamed exsisted.
To a beginner this kind of thread would help. But they are most offten trying to figure out how to bind and fly some ARF, and not thinking of making some marvoless flying machine from plans.
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Sep 24, 2013, 08:39 AM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,235 Posts
I collect free plans sites as a second hobby so i will start out with the biggest free plan site that most builders knows of with over 4000 free plans . http://www.outerzone.co.uk/index.asp I have many more sites that i will post in new thread if and when you get one . joe
cracksmeup is online now Find More Posts by cracksmeup
Last edited by cracksmeup; Sep 24, 2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 08:44 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,235 Posts
OK, here is one more free plans site i found while looking for the shrike .They are all tiled so you can print them out at home. I want to build a little bigger shrike for electrict . joe http://my.pclink.com/~dfritzke/ BTW I voted Yes for the new forum and i can can add to it .Great job Airplane Freak ,i have more friends here and on other sites that hoard free plans and will let them know. joe
Last edited by cracksmeup; Sep 24, 2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 06:10 PM
as the name says!
Barbados
Joined Sep 2012
409 Posts
Thanks alot for the kind words
Btw love the aero commander
Although i think it might not be as necessary i will see what is
the feedback but thank you very much for
giving your opinion and please be sure
to pass on the existence of this thread
to everyone you know.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 03:05 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,311 Posts
Please read the sticky thread that explains how to propose a new forum

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609901

A moderator will create an official poll as and when a proposal has accrued the required number of posts supporting the proposal. Unofficial polls started by members do not count.
leccyflyer is online now Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Sep 26, 2013, 05:25 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer View Post
Please read the sticky thread that explains how to propose a new forum

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609901

A moderator will create an official poll as and when a proposal has accrued the required number of posts supporting the proposal. Unofficial polls started by members do not count.
Its says to get a 100 posts about the new forum then you can submit it in line 1 of the very link you posted leccy . He can just talk about it .have his vote on it or anything he wants to do to get his 100 posts then submit those to the mods . BTW leccy i still remember you arguing over the balsa builders forum and not wanting it at all but thanks to alot of good people its alive and going very strong with many balsa builds and tips for new builders . Alot of balsa builders who were for the new balsa building forum from the start remember your weak reasons not to have it . Alot of us old hats think of trolling when they see you post and so far iam in with them. Keep posting leccy so he can get to his 100 post mark early .lmao joe
Last edited by cracksmeup; Sep 26, 2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 05:48 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
9,318 Posts
Gosh Joe , that was a very polite response to a negative opinion. Not at all sarcastic or snappy rudish like I get, LOL
I see when you wanna swat those nasty dog poo flies, honey makes a better attractant than lemon.
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Sep 26, 2013, 06:48 PM
as the name says!
Barbados
Joined Sep 2012
409 Posts
thank you very much for your response leccy
sorry i didn't read the rules thoroughly but shouldn't the poll be
enough to show the support?
ok i'll keep asking interested persons and see how it
goes
thank you very much
Old Sep 28, 2013, 01:15 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
Its says to get a 100 posts about the new forum then you can submit it in line 1 of the very link you posted leccy . He can just talk about it .have his vote on it or anything he wants to do to get his 100 posts then submit those to the mods . BTW leccy i still remember you arguing over the balsa builders forum and not wanting it at all but thanks to alot of good people its alive and going very strong with many balsa builds and tips for new builders . Alot of balsa builders who were for the new balsa building forum from the start remember your weak reasons not to have it . Alot of us old hats think of trolling when they see you post and so far iam in with them. Keep posting leccy so he can get to his 100 post mark early .lmao joe
Hmmmm and yet again someone attempts to make a simple issue about the site procedure personal.

I'm not sure where the nonsensical idea comes from of needing 100 posts in a proposal thread as being any part of the procedure though. The line that you refer to has nothing to do with the number of posts in the thread. The OP has 403 posts, which entitles him to make the proposal. There is no requirement for the proposal thread to contain 100 posts.

It is exactly that sort of non-understanding of the procedure for creating a new forum that I am posting about - the creation of an unofficial poll just gives the participants of such a thread the impression that they are voting to create a new forum, when that simply is not the case. The proper format is to reply with a "Yes" post, if you support the proposal. Once 50 "Yes" posts are posted the proposer contacts an admin by PM and an officia poll will be created.

That is the procedure, there is no need at all for indulging in personal attacks. Especially not having shown such a lack of understanding about how the procedure actually works.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 01:20 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirplaneFreak100 View Post
thank you very much for your response leccy
sorry i didn't read the rules thoroughly but shouldn't the poll be
enough to show the support?
ok i'll keep asking interested persons and see how it
goes
thank you very much
No problem - the procedure is pretty clear, not too difficult to get through, but you do need to have 50 posts in which posters show their support, in order to get the proposal through. The Yes "votes" in the poll that you created will not count.

You can count me as a "Yes" BTW.

Best of luck with your proposal
Old Oct 13, 2013, 06:06 AM
as the name says!
Barbados
Joined Sep 2012
409 Posts
ok i think i'll close the thread now since there seems to be not much interest
Closed Thread