HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2013, 09:01 AM
Joined Jun 2011
11 Posts
Helis that have my attention for my next build: Gaui NX4 uses a .37 OS engine.
TT X50. Quality is apparently very good and price is reasonable low.
Ranger71d is online now Find More Posts by Ranger71d
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2013, 06:22 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia View Post
Did the raven TTube, tail rotor or any other proven parts make it into the n640? Or did Century start a totally fresh heli design
It is a totally new design that uses an improved Torque Tube design then my Raven. Rather then taking the front drive off of a crown gear, it takes it off a separate gear system that mates to a big gear attached to the mainshaft. This also results in a smooth and efficient tail drive for autos.

The rotor head is the same great design that has leading edge control with the bell mixers on the blade grips on their FB head. The FBL head has the swash followers articulated in the main hub. Both heads and swashplates are all CNC machined from top grade aluminum.

The tail rotor is a metal version of the Raven's tail rotor with a steel hub and two radial bearings and a thrust bearing in each grip.

The mainframe uses CNC machined bearing blocks and stiffeners sandwiched between two C/F plates.

The clutch system is all metal also, and well supported by bearings in CNC bearing blocks which makes for a very solid & trouble free system.

It also comes with a very attractive PAINTED fiberglass canopy that is a big improvement of the old plastic one that came with the Raven.

Check out the manual here, which will give you a good idea of the quality and precision of the design:

http://www.centuryhelimedia.com/manuals/CN1320N1.00.pdf

When I saw my first one at IRCHA last year, I could not believe they only cost $399!
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict