HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2013, 01:28 PM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
I like your methodology, bigblueswope for both wings and fuselages. Very practical, relatively inexpensive, but effective.
GallopingGhostlr is offline Find More Posts by GallopingGhostlr
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2013, 10:36 AM
Dana, Indiana
Joined Jan 2007
554 Posts
Hanging from the wall by the gear as BigBlue has done is great for the samller planes and allows the clunk line to hang freely in the tank without bending over and possibly getting stuck in a bad position. I installed a pulley system and made padded hangers thet support the planes under the wings, simply set plane on floor, slide hanger under wings and hoist it up to the ceiling. A simple winch set up or a loop on a hook holds them in place til next flying session. I fly from my own yard so I don't often have to disassemble my planes for transport.
whitewolf is offline Find More Posts by whitewolf
Old May 07, 2013, 11:11 PM
Joined Nov 2012
203 Posts
Nice goldberg bigblueswope I have same edge 540
http://alamorcs.org/gallery/index.ph...Fly/Edge-540-5
Want2B3D is offline Find More Posts by Want2B3D
Old May 08, 2013, 09:09 AM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Aug 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2B3D View Post
Nice goldberg bigblueswope I have same edge 540
http://alamorcs.org/gallery/index.ph...Fly/Edge-540-5
Yep, I'm the one who keeps pestering you on your build/fly thread over in the 3D Fun Fly forum.

I just ordered, what I hope are, all the parts to build it out. Going to slap a DLE 55 on the nose, per your recommendation that the DLE 35 is just a hair less power than you'd prefer.

I CAN'T WAIT TO FLY IT!

DAMN I JUST CLICKED THE LINK, NOW I REALLY REALLY REALLY CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT IN THE AIR!!!
bigblueswope is offline Find More Posts by bigblueswope
Last edited by bigblueswope; May 08, 2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Clicked the link!
Old May 09, 2013, 06:17 AM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jan 2013
560 Posts
Taking some suggestions here, I did a little trial mounting of some airplanes, using pegboard brackets from WalMart. They cost me under $2 for a set of 4, enough for 2 planes a set.
GallopingGhostlr is offline Find More Posts by GallopingGhostlr
RCG Plus Member
Old May 09, 2013, 06:45 AM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Aug 2012
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GallopingGhostlr View Post
Taking some suggestions here, I did a little trial mounting of some airplanes, using pegboard brackets from WalMart. They cost me under $2 for a set of 4, enough for 2 planes a set.
Great idea!
bigblueswope is offline Find More Posts by bigblueswope
Old May 16, 2013, 06:36 PM
Joined Jun 2012
24 Posts
i hang mine by the prop and a cup hook i use a metal coat hanger to hook the prop on both sides of the prop and the hang other end on cup hook screwed in ceiling
truckinhard088 is offline Find More Posts by truckinhard088