HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:54 AM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Discussion
Beginner configuration for Devo 7e with Walkera Super CP

I'm moving up from a V911 and I'm trying to set up my Devo 7e transmitter with my Walkera Super CP to provide performance and handling suitable for a beginner. I don't want to do acrobatic or 3d flight at this point, but just want an easy to control heli.
h2joe is offline Find More Posts by h2joe
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:15 AM
Joined May 2010
26 Posts
I only had a weeks worth of experience with an MSR before I moved up to the Super CP and I was able to fly it with stock settings right out of the box. If you want it to be less responsive, as it is capable of getting going very fast very quickly if you give it too much input, you can turn down the elevator and aileron servo travel settings to like 60-70%, or you can turn down the dual rates to a similar percentage. However, I wouldn't recommend flying it in a small inside area your first few times. It is definitely much harder to fly than an MSR (similar to the V911) and it can get out of control quickly inside. While the V911, if its like the MSR, can piro on the spot pretty easily, if you use rudder on the SCP, it takes off and starts flying - you need to relearn how to piro in one spot with this heli. I'd highly recommend flying it either in a big open room like a gym, or outside - the SCP handles wind MUCH better than small FP helis so even if theres a light breeze it will be better than trying to learn in a small room.

With that being said, I've had mine for less than a week (so roughly 1 week of FP flying and 1 week of CP flying total experience) and I'm flying mine with the elevator and aileron travel settings at 130% if I remember correctly so that I can get it to flip faster / tighter. Mine has proven to be very durable and after a ton of crashes (most over short grass and hard packed dirt, some on pavement) I've only broken the landing gear, and it still flies great. Great heli and its teaching me a ton about inverted flying / light 3D. I think the difficulty of basic 3D such as flips, rolls, and inverted flight is somewhat overexagerated on forums - if you spend 15 minutes on a simulator and then try 3D on your Super CP outside where you have a lot of room to recover, its not that hard to get the hang of it and you'll be flipping it decently within a few batteries of practice, or at least that's been my experience. Obviously things like tic-toc's and piroflips are MUCH harder, I can't wrap my head around maneuvers like that yet haha, but getting it upside down proved to be easier than I expected - its a great heli to learn on! Best of luck!
brad24 is offline Find More Posts by brad24
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:17 PM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
899 Posts
Out of the box settings for Super CP + Devo 7E

Brad24... I just got my Super CP. Can you perhaps jot the initial settings down. I did not buy the DEVO 7 E ( I have already one but that does not have the Super CP settings programmed I do have the user manual but those settings seem to be pretty aggressive. I just want to double check.
Appreciate your help
Thanks.
HPCR is online now Find More Posts by HPCR
Old Jul 01, 2013, 04:28 PM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
699 Posts
Brad... what simulator do you use for your SCP.

Tx in advance
Al
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Judge Drops Drone Pilot Fine
Old Apr 14, 2014, 03:10 AM
Joined Apr 2014
1 Posts
hello everyone I m pank ..pls help me.. I want to know 3d setup for devo 7e for flying my genius cp v2.. I have done many setting as mention on manual come with genius cp v2 but heli not able to lift from ground .. pls help me
pankaj arora is offline Find More Posts by pankaj arora
Old Apr 14, 2014, 08:40 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj arora View Post
hello everyone I m pank ..pls help me.. I want to know 3d setup for devo 7e for flying my genius cp v2.. I have done many setting as mention on manual come with genius cp v2 but heli not able to lift from ground .. pls help me
There are various settings from beginner to advanced here - http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeradev...struction.aspx
ZeRoEXPO is online now Find More Posts by ZeRoEXPO