HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2013, 03:01 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
Rich

Any news about August, or is it yet another write off?
got 4 confirmed. That not enough to contact a club and ask for a heat. Sorry JB.
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2013, 06:28 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,378 Posts
We can only hope they get the space at the NEC in december then, or we try and piggyback a club day somewhere...
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Oct 02, 2013, 11:21 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,677 Posts
Found the solution for you guys right in your own backyard!
http://www.dsdirtbikes.co.uk/
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Oct 09, 2013, 01:52 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,195 Posts
A little disappointing I never manged to pull off a MX event this year, It been playing on my mind abit and I don't like letting people down. I spoke to Alan Watkinson over the GP weekend and he given me an idea on how to run a event with low numbers. I need to look into afew more things and I need the help of another officer to run it before I can confirm anything.
Old Oct 09, 2013, 02:59 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,378 Posts
Don't feel bad about it Rich. If people can't/won't support it then there's nothing you can do.

Here's to the Dirtbike International!
Old Oct 09, 2013, 03:40 PM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
454 Posts
An rc dirt bike race would be cool. Reckon I'd have a go depending on location.
Syncro is online now Find More Posts by Syncro
Old Oct 09, 2013, 05:11 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,677 Posts
If you got a specific date your trying to get a race going I am more than willing to post something on my website and facebook pages. Maybe it will lead to that one guy you need to get the numbers to run.
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Oct 09, 2013, 05:36 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,378 Posts
@Syncro. Just up the road will be this at Stoneleigh Park at the end of the month http://www.dirtbikeshow.co.uk/

A presence confirmed by this thread. http://www.moto-5.com/index.php?topi...;topicseen#new
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:54 AM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
454 Posts
Quote:
@Syncro. Just up the road will be this at Stoneleigh Park at the end of the month http://www.dirtbikeshow.co.uk/

A presence confirmed by this thread. http://www.moto-5.com/index.php?topi...;topicseen#new
Great stuff. I'll see what I can do.
Syncro is online now Find More Posts by Syncro
Old Oct 19, 2013, 12:40 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,195 Posts
Im off to sweetnap tomorrow to try the track out, It 3000sf of astro turf designed for large scale off road and hoping it suitable for our needs, no jumps in the vids which is putting me off abit but the place is really large and worth alook. It has cover pit's and rostrum, B&B next to track and hold BRCA events.
Sweetnap Raceway main A final 06-01-13 (30 min 47 sec)
Old Oct 20, 2013, 06:33 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,195 Posts
I spent the morning at http://sweetnap-raceway.co.uk/index.html. Track is really large! pretty bumpy but more than possible to max out the M5 fitted with mtronic brushless,. The astro turf surface was soaking wet and it was pissing it down but the grip was there to pick the bike up with out the gyro spinning plus it never came off caked in mud. I managed to get round with ease compared to 1/8th tracks which have really tight turns where I struggle to keep the gyro spinning up. There no jumps on the tracks which I don't mind as there cause most the damage to drive chain and suspenstion

Spoke to them about holding a race for us next year and they gave the thumbs up no matter how many people we have, We could tag onto one there club meets or hire the track for ourselves.

Location not central at all but as 80% of the people who booked in to race Coventry last year where from Hampshire that no bad thing, the hire cost I will subsidise myself to guarantee a meeting, Just need to speak to Andy to help with days running if we hire ourself.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
Joined Nov 2009
1,378 Posts
Nice work Rich.

I was concerned looking at the video that the M5 would struggle badly over the chewed up astro. If they are using LSOR track width rules then it is 4 metre wide lanes, which helps avoid the worst of the bumps and opens up overtaking opportunities.

How do you fit an MX event in that compliments the 2014 roadbike calender and gets the maximum amount of entries?...
Old Oct 20, 2013, 12:08 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,195 Posts
Quote:
Nice work Rich.

I was concerned looking at the video that the M5 would struggle badly over the chewed up astro. If they are using LSOR track width rules then it is 4 metre wide lanes, which helps avoid the worst of the bumps and opens up overtaking opportunities.

How do you fit an MX event in that compliments the 2014 roadbike calender and gets the maximum amount of entries?...

TBH I was in the pit for 30 minutes before I decided to make a fool of myself and give the track ago, I've not turned the bike on since may and lacked abit of conferdence infront of 1/4 scale guys as im not used to running off road or this bike at all.

I thought the same looking at the vids the track is bumpy and thought the M5 would look alittle daft and just bounce off in all direction, I crashed on the first lap into tall grass and had the walk of shame to pick it back up. 2nd try It got round pretty much where I wonted it to and at a fair all pace, the track is wide maybe not the 4 meters but close to 3 meters which like you say you can pick a better line though, 3nd lap I wheelie out the hirpin and got beached on the barrar, restart again and got into rythem found afew braking points and what have you and the M5 started to work a lot better with abit more pace just like the onroad stuff. The track could use some TLC but that pretty much true of all track in the UK sadly.

Were looking at lowering the number of rounds of onroad next year, this would take the place of one of these events, a southenly location is close to the main groups of MX rider. I've looked into pricing for advistising events or website next year this will get put into the ads with onroad stuff, and spamming facebook and other MC fourms

One thing that did impress me was they invited me up when they change the track layout to make it more suitable to the bikes, that the same weekend as Stoneleigh so I had to turn them down, There attiude was just turn up and have fun not the normal you must have this this and this to join us.
Last edited by Whitham69; Oct 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM.