HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by soundcheque, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 01, 2012, 03:35 AM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
679 Posts
Discussion
Advice Required

I've recently been restoring an old Precedent Electrafly 2 metre powered glider.
A brief spell of inspiration caused me to cover the fuz with metallic builders tape which is a very thin self adhesive metal foil tape which looks like the steel panels on an aircraft.
A brilliant result but now i'm wondering,,,,,will my Spektrum AR600 be OK ???

The signal works well in my shop but have I made the wrong choice in covering which may reduce the quality of the connection between AR600 DSMX and DS6i DSMX ??

I didn't really want to buy the Carbon Fuz RX at 55 UK....
soundcheque is online now Find More Posts by soundcheque
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 05:30 AM
InceCreations
Joined Jul 2009
565 Posts
Range test

Do a range test, and you 'll know it soon.
If a problem, try to put the reciever in the wing, if the wing is not covered with alu foil.
vincent123 is online now Find More Posts by vincent123
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FZ5: design phase
Old May 01, 2012, 06:01 AM
Bring It On !!!!!
Newmarket, England.
Joined Aug 2006
679 Posts
Cheers for that..

I did a range check a few minutes ago,, the model isn't ready yet just awaiting the wing covering but I tried the range check on my balcony and scurried off down the other end of the flats !!!!

There's scaffolding erected also as the roof on the flats is being repaired and the range check was very satisfactory even with all this metalwork around.

Seems to be OK but I think I'll definately play safe and move it to either the wing section which has no alufoil or the cockpit canopy.

Thank You
soundcheque is online now Find More Posts by soundcheque