HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by stalyoni, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 04, 2014, 09:04 PM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
2,990 Posts
Hey guys hows things going?

Ive been months without work now. Been so bored during the days. Been so depressed.

Dad and I got a gas powered boat. Its 1.2mtrs long. We had a few runs with it but we cant keep it running now when its in the water. It keeps stalling when its under load in the water. We have had a couple of tries to get it going again with no luck. Dad got a go pro camera to use on it but it didnt last long. We put the go pro on dads little electric boat and had a go. But it was so choppy and it flipped and we lost the go pro as it happened. Such a shame.

BJ i saw your footage of the skipper. So glad i saw this footage as I was gonna get dad to get me one but it looks like it flies like *****

I might have to start selling off my hobby stuff soon as Ive got no job and very little money coming in.

Anyways im struggling on so far
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
Old Mar 05, 2014, 04:56 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
22,702 Posts
'Bout time you showed up, ya slacker. Oct 2 since your last post!

Just kidding - we've been keeping your seat warm in your absence.

Sorry to hear things are going all that well job/finance wise at the moment. Here's hoping it picks up soon

Bummer losing the GoPro like that. With your gasser engine, where is your low-speed idle jet set at? If you've got a manual for it, it might be worth trying to reset it to the factory default (?). Conking during idle is often a low-speed jet problem (??)

Re the Skipper - it's one of the best planes in my fleet... now that I got the CG issues sorted - you have to set the CG 10mm forward of the step, not 10mm aft of it (like it says in the bloody instructions. Typical Chinese )

Hang in there, Dude. Fingers crossed you get an even break soon

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Mar 07, 2014, 05:25 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
2,990 Posts
Hey BJ the boat we got is this one here:

We have tried adjusting both screws in and out but with no much luck. The boat will run in the water for about ten feet and then stall. Then I have to wade out and get it. We have made the fuel as per instructions so i dont think its the fuel. I think we just have to get these screws in the right spot for it to work. The first time we ran it, it went like a champ.

After the first time we ran the boat the rudder and the whole throttle assembly locked up. So dad got some oil out and got the rudder going but had to remove the whole throttle setup. He soaked it in some oil and got it going again some how.

Its been a month since ive seen dad now and messed around with the boat but im sure we will try again soon.

Any advice guys on how to get this boat going again? We cant find any documentation on the motor itself and have also contacted hobbyking
Old Mar 07, 2014, 06:18 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
2,990 Posts
just had an idea guys. Seen as im not on here alot anymore how about we add our facebook accounts.

Its up to you wether you want to add your facebook here or not. Im on facebook every day so its better for me.

anyways add

brendon iliffe

ok

i also want to have a sim session ether on phoenix or real flight soon ok
Old Mar 12, 2014, 04:07 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
2,990 Posts
I finally come on to chat and no ones here? whats going on?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 05:57 AM
Joined Jun 2009
22,702 Posts
Sleeping maybe?

LoL

BJ
Old Mar 13, 2014, 02:43 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
2,990 Posts
did you even read my post about the boat BJ

how can i fix her?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 05:04 AM
Joined Jun 2009
22,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalyoni View Post
did you even read my post about the boat BJ

how can i fix her?
Yes, I did. Did you read my reply?

I'm still learning internal combustion engines, and I have a similar problem on an I/C plane of mine.

Starts fine. Idles fine. Runs fine when I waggle the plane around. Then dies in the arse all of a sudden as soon as it the motor gets warm.

Someone suggested that it could be the low speed jet/needle (LSN).

Haven't gotten around to sorting that one out yet - but maybe that's the problem with your donk?

If you can get a manual for it, it should tell you what the factory setting is for the LSN.

If not, it's usually set at around 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 turns out from fully in.

What is your motor make and model? I'll see if I can find something, yah?

BJ
Old Apr 20, 2014, 02:46 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
2,990 Posts
Happy Easter all hope you all had a beer or two cause i did

Hey BJ, Dad and I took the boat out the other weekend. Dad adjusted the two needles to what he thought they should be. We took it for a run and it went allot better. We got about a two minute run out of it. Then I had to swim out and get it. We made a small adjustment and took it out again. Once again we got about a two minute run out of it.

When I brought it in dad found that it had no spark at all. So it seems something in the electrics is getting wet. We left it at that and packed up and went home. So it seems we have the donk running allot better but now we have waterproofing issues. I think dad might have to pull it apart again and see whats going on.

Hey turboparker are you around mate. Have you flown the 540 qq 280? Or the new eflite inverza 280? Im really looking at getting one soon as soon as I get some money together. I just want to know what to look out for when buying one or what I need to mod to get them flying great. I will sell some stuff and a few of my planes to get the money I need. What lipos do they use? I might already have some here.

Anyways guys I hope everyone is well and happy. Ive been going to a job search agency and I hope to find a job really soon.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 02:53 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
2,990 Posts
i forgot to add dad bought a new gopro to replace the one we lost in the drink last time and he got the little buoyancy pad to put on the back of it to make it float. We put it on the front of thr boat and took some footage but it wasnt that good so i didnt upload it this time. All you see is it going around and then it sits there for a few minutes while i swim out to get it. We hope to get some good footage of it soon and then ill upload it and share it with you ok.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 01:15 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,492 Posts
happy easter and 420 gents
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 21, 2014, 03:43 AM
Joined Jun 2009
22,702 Posts
Heyaz

Happy Easter, Komrades...

BJ
Old Apr 21, 2014, 03:48 AM
Joined Jun 2009
22,702 Posts
Hey...Stal...

Just a thought - are you sure it's electrics?

I'm wondering now if you're not running out of juice due to vacuum in your fuel tank?

Like... no clunk vent happening, so it draws juice until the tank sucks closed?

You wouldn't be able to see that the tank has crushed in on itself by the time you retrieve the boat, as it most likely would have back-sucked air into it and looked 'normal' by the time you got the chance to have a good look at it.

The '2 minutes bit' is what pricked my ears up.

Could be slow flooding of something electronic (any serious water inside there anywhere?).... or a tank that can't breathe enough to let the fuel flow freely... ??

BJ