HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2011, 07:53 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2 Posts
Question
How should I go about upgrading an Rc heli battery?

What I want is to keep flying for longer, what I have now is a 3 cell 11.1V 1500mAh Li-polymer battery and I only get about 10 minutes of flight time. I want a battery that gives me the most flight time, so which is it? And what should I look for, higher mAhs or Vs?
Barretor is offline Find More Posts by Barretor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2011, 08:24 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,677 Posts
Don't know what heli you are flying but longer flight times and heavier batteries tend to burn out the motors quicker.

You will get less performance because of the extra weight in the battery.

If you still want to go ahead it's bigger mAh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barretor View Post
What I want is to keep flying for longer, what I have now is a 3 cell 11.1V 1500mAh Li-polymer battery and I only get about 10 minutes of flight time. I want a battery that gives me the most flight time, so which is it? And what should I look for, higher mAhs or Vs?
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft