HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2011, 07:34 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
He hits me, right wing to right wing. I bounced off the the ground applying full power and continued to fly. Then we both decide to come in and check for damage, and hit on final into the wind.... watch at the end as his Titan hits the ground in front of my already grounded Reaper.!

Head-on-Hit ground, then continue (0 min 44 sec)
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2011, 09:18 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,312 Posts
Awesome vid! Looks like you have a nice flying field there too!
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old May 21, 2011, 10:35 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Just the impacts at .5 speed

slo mo head on ground and continue (0 min 29 sec)
Old May 21, 2011, 10:41 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,009 Posts
That looked like more than just a touch and go with the ground. It looked like a touch and roll and then go!
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Old May 21, 2011, 10:43 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Thanks JPN... it is nice there... blacktop for those with wheels, and lots of room. One person has made it his life mission to get us out of there, but, most the close homeowners along the side there don't mind. There used to be a middle school there. Midget soccer gets the nod during some weeknights.
Old May 21, 2011, 10:47 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Quote:
touch and go with the ground
Ok Ryan.... I can buy that... but translated to combat wing usage, it was a BOUNCE and go... it really did hit right-tip, nose--bounce semi cartwheel .... then I had enough momentum on the prop to give it forward motion. It was no touch and go for sure. The prop never touched the ground.!

P

actually, if you look, you can see a direct shadow right before impact, then after the bounce, you are right Ryan, it looks like it might have cartwheeled 360 because you can see the shadow again!
Old May 21, 2011, 11:17 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,009 Posts
Whatever you want to call it, I bet you can't do it again!
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Old May 21, 2011, 11:33 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
No doubt about that.... lol
Old May 24, 2011, 11:54 AM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,434 Posts
wooohooo the GR appeared on my doorstep today, and it looks amazing, cant wait to get making it, and installing my FPV gear too, i think this wing is going to be one flyer, thanks Lee and crashtesthobby
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit
Old May 25, 2011, 11:54 AM
Mid-MI (Lansing)
Joined Sep 2010
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20 View Post
He hits me, right wing to right wing. I bounced off the the ground applying full power and continued to fly. Then we both decide to come in and check for damage, and hit on final into the wind.... watch at the end as his Titan hits the ground in front of my already grounded Reaper.!
Again, to point out the obvious... the Titan STAYED airborne after the collision and appeared to be last in the air on the second hit as well!
wheelzup is offline Find More Posts by wheelzup
Old May 25, 2011, 09:01 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelzup View Post
Again, to point out the obvious... the Titan STAYED airborne after the collision and appeared to be last in the air on the second hit as well!
Biggest smile wins
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old May 26, 2011, 07:39 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,286 Posts
In combat threre are no loosers!! I used to live in Utah and fly with the UFO (Lee and the guys) We often had over a dozen aircraft airborn and in combat at at time. I never heard so much unbridled outrageous laughter!!

We weren't totally unruled. We had one rule: You can not blame anyone for anything that happens to your plane! Other than that most people thought the rule was " Have fun".
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Old May 26, 2011, 08:23 AM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,862 Posts
Come on Jim, you know the only rule is that if you bring food you are the new club president! Seriously, good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well.
Jeff
jwjohnson is online now Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old May 26, 2011, 06:08 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
In combat threre are no loosers!! I used to live in Utah and fly with the UFO (Lee and the guys) We often had over a dozen aircraft airborn and in combat at at time. I never heard so much unbridled outrageous laughter!!

We weren't totally unruled. We had one rule: You can not blame anyone for anything that happens to your plane! Other than that most people thought the rule was " Have fun".
Great to hear from you Jim. How is your club doing with their Reapers?
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old May 27, 2011, 04:29 PM
northenden, manchester, england
Joined May 2009
1,434 Posts
guys, need some advice, i am planning on getting a folding prop for this motor http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...5&productname= and wondering on what size is best, i am getting 7 x 4 blades, but not sure of the spinner size, i am looking at these http://www.electricwingman.com/product.aspx?product=538 and wondering what size back plate is best, they go from 32mm up to 50mm, so can those guys with folders give me a good size to go for
carl
doggit is offline Find More Posts by doggit