HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
Discussion
F18 Hornet Help

Got this 64mm edf jet the other day and put it together and keep running into problem after problem. This is my first plane ever and I was really excited about it but now I'm so frusterated that it's been over a week and I still can't fly it. I got it from Banana Hobby and the esc burned up and caught fire as soon as I plugged in the battery so I bought a better one at the hobby shop and installed it. Hooked up the receiver and the antenna broke off so I had to re-solder that. I got the receiver to sync up finally and when I give it throttle it won't go. It seems like the motor only spins about 30% or so. Every once in a while when I'm taxiing it around it will go to full throttle for about a second then it cuts out. Why does this motor keep cutting out??? It just won't give enough thrust to get it airborn. Here are the specs:

4800 kv 64mm edf
25c 1300mah lipo
36amp Castle Thunderbird ESC
4ch x5 9gm servos

Any ideas? Bad connection maybe?
ftransam1 is offline Find More Posts by ftransam1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:56 AM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,844 Posts
Have you charged the battery yet?

After you've attempted to fly this plane you should get yourself a trainer and find an experienced RC pilot who can help you.
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:20 AM
United States, TX, Leander
Joined Sep 2003
2,272 Posts
I agree with the previous poster. You should set this aside and get something like an Apprentice 15e or Alpha 450 trainer. If you DO get it in the air, you wont do anything but crash with this one. I teach at the club and the Apprentice is a really good trainer with spare parts. You found out the hard way about banana hobby, what most of us already know.
Edwin
edwin1 is offline Find More Posts by edwin1