SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2014, 11:59 AM
Joined Oct 2010
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen View Post
That takes care of gross differences. But what if you have several planes all setup up basically the same way (to be expected if you have several similar planes from the same company), but you've carefully maxed out your throws without binding? Or you've got some differential, or servo matching or something set up. For example say plane A has endpoints at 145 for elevator, but plane B has the same endpoints set at 130 to avoid binding. If you fly plane B with plane A's setup you could presumably stall the servo or break something. I suppose for the most part the plane would just seem a little off, but would still be controllable.
True, that's always possible. But like I said, part of my routine is always to check to make sure I've got the right model selected. It says right on the screen what I'm on. Knock on wood, but I've never taken off with the wrong model selected to this point. I'm not saying it's a bad feature, but I also don't think it's something that's critical to have. (To be honest, for me, the bigger issue is remembering which of my models is set up using the spektrum module and which are futuba, so I can remember if I need the module plugged into the trainer port. For the most part, it's the small UMX models that are spektrum, and bigger are futaba, but my 41 edge and 300x heli are also on spektrum.)

I think there's a lot to be said about developing a routine and sticking with that routine *every* time you fly. Not the least of which, if you develop the right habits, it should hopefully keep you safe.
cardsQC is online now Find More Posts by cardsQC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2014, 04:58 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,105 Posts
Hacker is fine.... As noted, let it cool down a bit between flights. If you didn't have it already, I would say get the Motrolfly, but as you do...use it!!

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:58 PM
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Nov 2004
160 Posts
Which model in Phoenix best simulates the 51 slick?

Which model and setup in Phoenix best simulates the 51' slick? I like the Weston Capiche 140, wondering if there is something better for simulating the 51.
I've searched this thread quite a bit and also been to the simulator forum but can't really find any suggestions. Thanks.
FULLSCALE is offline Find More Posts by FULLSCALE
Old Oct 11, 2014, 09:27 PM
Out of stock-on the best
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Oct 2012
57 Posts
Have a quick motor esc/question? I've always ran omega motors in my smaller 3dhs planes. I opted to try a turnigy sk3 3548-700kv motor in my slick. My main question is about the ESC. I have a trust 55a esc out of an electric trainer I had, would that possibly be able to handle it? I believe the recommended esc is 75a.

I will be running 4s batteries with HS-85mg servos.

Thanks!
WADETN is offline Find More Posts by WADETN
Old Oct 11, 2014, 09:39 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,105 Posts
Does it have a built in BEC, if so, will it hand four HS-85MGs, especially on 4S???

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Oct 11, 2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 09:41 PM
United States, NC, Smithfield
Joined Jul 2012
376 Posts
That motor is only rated for 45amps/665 watts. I would think your esc will be fine for it with a 14x7 prop. I personally think it would be underpowered but may be fine depending on your flying preferences.
Brush Hog is offline Find More Posts by Brush Hog
Old Oct 11, 2014, 10:23 PM
Out of stock-on the best
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Oct 2012
57 Posts
I was going to try this motor because I already have it. I am usually a big fan of motrolfly motors, and this plane will be getting one in the near future. Right now I'm trying to get this plane together with what I've got.
WADETN is offline Find More Posts by WADETN