SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:14 AM
Joined Sep 2010
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalfd View Post
Same results regardless of the pack. And yes, lipo termination is at 4.2v

Could somebody else test my theory that checking the cells voltage towards the end of the charge somehow messes up the termination check ?

Works fine if I leave the charger alone as in the attached log which ended with 'done' message and the cells at 4.2. Same battery as log in previous post and no change to charger settings.
Theorotically it should not affect the termination voltage, but if you are measuring the voltage with an external meter parallely, there may be some draw of current or drop in voltage because of the meter, hence confusing the charger.
But if you are checking the individual voltages on the charger itself (by pressing the "inc" key), then it does'nt matter for sure.

Suggest you to let the charger charge the batteries completely and when it stops by itself then check the voltage of individual cells.
aeromodellers is offline Find More Posts by aeromodellers
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:16 AM
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
Never seen this, but I'm not on fw. 3.14. Did you see this prior to the upgrade?

Fred
Yes, It was at 3.13 when I got it and I upgraded hoping this would address the issue. What version are you on ? Maybe I can downgrad to it

When I check voltage, I press the 'inc' button to see the voltage read at the balance board then short press on the 'start' to go back. I don't use an external meter.
Manual states to use 'dec' button to return to general info screen, but in my case this cycles through additional settings and info like capacity limit, temperature, etc...
pascalfd is offline Find More Posts by pascalfd
Old Jan 14, 2011, 03:14 AM
Joined Feb 2008
73 Posts
Quote:
Yes, It was at 3.13 when I got it and I upgraded hoping this would address the issue. What version are you on ? Maybe I can downgrad to it

When I check voltage, I press the 'inc' button to see the voltage read at the balance board then short press on the 'start' to go back. I don't use an external meter.
Manual states to use 'dec' button to return to general info screen, but in my case this cycles through additional settings and info like capacity limit, temperature, etc...
I have an fairly new 208B with firmware 3.13h and I have not experienced this problem. I check the cell voltages all the time the same way as you do.
mackee is offline Find More Posts by mackee
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:37 AM
Turkey
Joined May 2002
2,178 Posts
I wonder if the extended discharge function (using external resistor) could be added to Pb battery discharge as well (or NiCd?) - it takes around 10 hours to discharge a 12V 12Ah battery.

Bulent
bmutlugil is offline Find More Posts by bmutlugil
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:17 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1 Posts
I have a solution for "connection breakdown" 106b+

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym View Post
Hello all,
Is there a solution to rescue 106B+ charger if it displays Connection break down? It doesn't charge any battery. After battery checking it shows the message. Today I used lipo storage program, the charger was mostly discharging the packs. Then I switch the charger off. Later I turned it on again and tried to charge a pack and the charger displayed connection break down after battery checking.
I have followed the FAQ... , last FW(3.14), checked connection, checked PCB (nothing seems to be burned), tried different power supplies (incl battery), done Test (the charger recognized pack and cells, correct cells voltages and output voltage). But it doesn't measure bat. impedance, it shows 0 for every cells and pack. I tried program for motor control but unsucesfully.

I bought it from HC, it wasn't utilized fully (just half a year), I charged the packs max 2A.
Thanks for help,
michal
HI, I had the same problem after a voltage input from my dc powersupply over 30volt.
I replaced a component Q26, which is near the DC input port, the model of the Q26 is BC807 and D 16 a zener 20 volt with anotherone no smd, this is upside down the input port, I used a magnifying glass.
bye from italy
turkmenbashi999 is offline Find More Posts by turkmenbashi999
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:29 AM
Ignint McNugget
behind Jaggi lines
Joined Jan 2004
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkmenbashi999 View Post
I have a solution for "connection breakdown" 106B+

HI, I had the same problem after a voltage input from my dc powersupply over 30volt...
The 106B+ is rated for a maximum input of 18V.
Rumple is offline Find More Posts by Rumple
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:33 PM
Joined Mar 2007
75 Posts
Hi,
Today after a charge of 10s lipo packs in series I forgot to hit the stop button and I disconnected one of the main cables from the packs, don’t know if that was the cause, what I know is that I can’t charge anymore.
The problem is after connecting balance conectors I connect the main positive first and it says “vout low”.
Tried the lipo charge only mode and I choose 10s and the charger identifys only 9S.
I tried a downgrade on the firmware but the problem is the same.
Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
HAVPT is offline Find More Posts by HAVPT
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:18 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hes View Post
Hi,

This is a qoute from a 2 year old message. But I have the exact same problem today with a brand new 1010B+.
This is my second 1010B+. The first one failed after 4 months. I returned it to HK and they credited the icharger. I purchaged a new one because I was very happy with it before.
This second 1010B+ seems to work fine, exept that very often the display goes blank or only a few symbols on the top line appear.

Maybe this is a firmware problem so I checked the firmware. It had 3.13h installed. But only 3.13b and 3.13f(BETA) seems official releases. So I tried both but with the same result. Display still goes blank. (With 3.13b the AUTO function of the FAN does not work. I had to turn in ON.)

Any one with this problem? I hope this can be solved with new firmware or something, without sending it back to HK again.

best regards,

Henk
Junsi,

I`m having the same problem here. One of my ichargers (1010B+) have this display problem.

I've seen your post advising to unsolder C22 and C24 SMD componentes. I did it, but it didn't solve my problem. Could you help me?

Thanks in advance,

Mario.
mariop is offline Find More Posts by mariop
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:09 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Could somebody else test my theory that checking the cells voltage towards the end of the charge somehow messes up the termination check ?
Hello Pascalfd,

Sorry to cause you trouble.

Our engineer will test and study this problem as you mentioned, then offer you a solution later.

Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:15 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVPT View Post
Hi,
Today after a charge of 10s lipo packs in series I forgot to hit the stop button and I disconnected one of the main cables from the packs, don’t know if that was the cause, what I know is that I can’t charge anymore.
The problem is after connecting balance conectors I connect the main positive first and it says “vout low”.
Tried the lipo charge only mode and I choose 10s and the charger identifys only 9S.
I tried a downgrade on the firmware but the problem is the same.
Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
Hello Hugo,

We have received your E-mail, and have replied it, please check it.

Junsi
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:22 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariop View Post
Junsi,

I`m having the same problem here. One of my ichargers (1010B+) have this display problem.

I've seen your post advising to unsolder C22 and C24 SMD componentes. I did it, but it didn't solve my problem. Could you help me?

Thanks in advance,

Mario.
Hello Mario,

We are sorry to hear that the above method is not available for your charger this time. Please check the PM we sent, thanks for your cooperation.

Junsi
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:37 PM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Feb 2008
1,976 Posts
Oh the wealth of useful information hidden from us once again.
SteveM732 is offline Find More Posts by SteveM732
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Oh, the humanity of it all.
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:53 PM
William from Windham NH USA
United States, NH, Windham
Joined Apr 2005
160 Posts
Greetings not to change the subject but for those in the know could you look at this thread and offer some help

thanks William http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post17107736
saltydog56 is offline Find More Posts by saltydog56
Old Jan 15, 2011, 07:04 AM
Poland
Joined Nov 2010
462 Posts
Quote:
What do you expect?
What does it say if you connect both main leads?

Quote:
What is the voltage of this pack? Measure it with a voltmeter.
If 10S pack is partially discharged it's detected as 9S or less (charge mode).
LeszekJ is offline Find More Posts by LeszekJ
Last edited by LeszekJ; Jan 15, 2011 at 07:42 AM.