HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2014, 08:27 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,198 Posts
Question
FPV monitor

Hay guys,

Pretty new to these parts. I'm setting up a F550 with Vector on board. I'm not really planning on doing much FPV, but I want to see what my camera is looking at. I picked up the monitor below. I know it's small, but again, I just want to see my OSD. Think that will work? Powered off of a 3s.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/agptek-4...=buyingOptions

Thanks,

CW
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2014, 06:19 AM
Learning to crash
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2014
372 Posts
Seems like a good price, but it doesnt give any of the vital specs that you want in an fpv monitor. It doesnt mention anything about the brightness or contrast ratio. It would probably fine inside a house or RV as its designed for, But out in the open it may be very dim. I dont think I would buy it to be honest without knowing those specs. For an extra 20 or 30 bucks you can get a much better one. you really want one with at least a 450 rating on brightness. The higher the better from what I've read. And besides, Best Buys price are always overly inflated.

You can always hook up your receiver to any tv that has a composite plugs if your just wanting to see Vectors OSD. I hooked mine up to my 46" Sony Bravia to do the same thing.
Tom T is online now Find More Posts by Tom T
Old Sep 06, 2014, 08:20 AM
The New DaVinci
United States, GA, Summerville
Joined Oct 2013
327 Posts
It might be a good replacement for the HK DIY FPV Goggles tho if the original craps out, depending on the resolution
Magoo76 is online now Find More Posts by Magoo76
Old Sep 06, 2014, 08:32 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,198 Posts
Thanks guys. I actually already have it in hand. I hooked it up to my Sony camera, and it's not too bad. You can adjust the brightness, contrast, etc. I was thinking about making a wrist strap and putting it on the inside of my left arm.

We'll see. Trial, and error.

Thanks for chiming in.

CW
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe