HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:23 PM
Tinkering again!
New York, U.S.A.
Joined Aug 2007
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Well I have the GP3 and was going to get some video until the compass recall came out in which my GPS units are all new so I had to send them in. Without the compass I am unable to allow the Z15 to function. Have to wait till it comes back.
Thanks Sid. Would it be possible to do a quick handheld test on a non sunny day? Maybe shoot the same scene with both the Nex5 and GoPro Hero 3 at the same time both daylight and lowlight? This will be the first side by side comparison available online. Thanks!
MorenoEnNYC1 is offline Find More Posts by MorenoEnNYC1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:58 PM
Moyock, NC
Joined Jun 2005
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
I have the camera set to PAL but I don't really see the problem, the tranmitter sends out NTSC, I shoot at 23.97 iin camera, works nicely
The problem is that some clients require 30p not 24p. When the camera is in PAL, you get 25P.
ghostrider2005 is offline Find More Posts by ghostrider2005
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2005 View Post
I know others have mentioned this before, but how many Zenmuse owners here in the US are using the Panasonic GH2 version? Have any of you been able to use it without changing the camera into PAL mode? This is unacceptable for the US market. Is DJI working on giving us a different HDMI to composite converter?
This has been an issue for me since day 1. On my very first shoot with this thing I needed 30p but because it would only transmit clearly in PAL that only gave me the option to shoot in 50i (25p) or 24p.

I've made a stink about this to DJI for quite some time. It would be good for others to voice their opinions as well. I even sent my gimbal in b/c they said that it may be faulty. However, I just received it back with a note that apparently all GH2 Zens are behaving this way and that they would look into it in the future They mentioned that they had other priorities in front of it.

For now I just shoot in PAL and the only option I give the customer is 24P. Otherwise I bust out my other rig and use an FS100, AF100, Epic, etc...
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:42 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post
This has been an issue for me since day 1. On my very first shoot with this thing I needed 30p but because it would only transmit clearly in PAL that only gave me the option to shoot in 50i (25p) or 24p.

I've made a stink about this to DJI for quite some time. It would be good for others to voice their opinions as well. I even sent my gimbal in b/c they said that it may be faulty. However, I just received it back with a note that apparently all GH2 Zens are behaving this way and that they would look into it in the future They mentioned that they had other priorities in front of it.

For now I just shoot in PAL and the only option I give the customer is 24P. Otherwise I bust out my other rig and use an FS100, AF100, Epic, etc...
It is being worked on ... likely HDMI board.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:05 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
sid,

any news about zenmuse for gopro?
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:31 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
sid,

any news about zenmuse for gopro?
That, I can't say. I am at home now in Lake Zurich, IL, relaxing.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:04 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
Here my first video of an "event", ... taken with the Z15, Sony Nex5N and 24mm Sonnar:

Treppenlauf Papstwarte bei Horn 2012-10-28 (3 min 30 sec)

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:10 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
330 Posts
Nice Ferdinand! as expected
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:27 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,069 Posts
I don't think you could have found a better reason to use POI.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:30 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
I never used POI, I have no channel spare for that on my Aurora, so everything is "hand-made"

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:22 AM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,520 Posts
Very nice Ferdinand.
Daloaf is offline Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Has anyone had experince of switching the 2 lenses on a gh2, the 14mm and the 20mm, I know they are supposed to different versions of the z15 but I was wondering if its really required as the weights are very close, anyone had any experience?

thanks
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
yes I have this problem, I get get away with 24, but I understand others have been asking to use the full ntsc range, lets hope it is sorted soon and doesn't require us to send back the z15
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:57 AM
djiusa.com / uavproducts.com
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
Found this footage from over the summer.

This was from the early V1 Z15 we had for testing and it was NOT setup correctly.

Of course, the camera settings were NOT set correct either. LOL!!

If your expecting professional quality video and editing you will be disappointed.

Cottage 2012 Vertical (2 min 20 sec)
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:24 PM
Helnet @--X
Canada,Qc
Joined Dec 2003
95 Posts
Hello to all,

I have ordered a zenmuse for nex-7. I wish to make the Photo and corporate video. What lens do you suggest. I saw that we could install the 16mm, 18mm and 24mm, but I wonder what lens to take.

Can you help me with my choice?
Helnet is online now Find More Posts by Helnet