HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 16, 2014, 02:59 PM
RCMCConline com
Kev71H's Avatar
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
Discussion
RCMCC to award "RC BIKE Hobby Achievement" AWARD

Hello all,

The club RCMCC wants to present a RC BIKE HOBBY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD to the person who people feel are the most influential to the promotion of the RC bike Hobby!!!

This person will receive an award and be invited to speak on the 2 Wheel R/C Video-Cast via Google Hangouts for their award winning votes for them!

This is a whole International thing.... Please post your vote of who deserves the award and why.

Consider the person's part in RC Motorcycles in these catagories:
achievements
promoting
helping with the RC bike hobby as a whole
Anything regarding RC Bikes being promoted and taken to the next level in general.

so........ make your nominations!!! You can even nominate up to 2 people!

Soon we will post a POLL to VOTE for the deserved one!


Please nominate now and a little bit about why you nominate him or them...... The VOTING for the nominees will be made in 4 weeks!!!!!!!


****** Award will be given at the END of 2014 *******


Please ALL participate to let this award go to the deserving one!!!
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:06 PM
Editor, RCCA
Guidoracer's Avatar
Joined Nov 2004
3,203 Posts
I nominate Dez Chand and Stelios Chatzopoulos .

Dez was the international proponent of RC bike racing until his untimely death in 2011. His influence is still reflected in many enthusiastic bike racers -- not just in the UK, but all over the World. Which brings us to my second nomination, our friend Stelios, who has proven to be an outstanding good-will ambassador. He may have started in Greece, but the stories he has shared of his experiences racing our little bikes have crossed languages and cultures.

Of course, if Dez wins posthumously, he can't join the podcast, but I know for sure that there are plenty of people who would be happy to represent him.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Last edited by Guidoracer; Oct 16, 2014 at 07:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:52 PM
RCMCConline com
Kev71H's Avatar
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
I nominate Dez Chand and Stelios Chatzopoulos .

Dez was the international proponent of RC bike racing until his untimely death in 2011. His influence is still reflected in many enthusiastic bike racers -- not just in the UK, but all over the World. Which brings us to my second nomination, our friend Stelios, who has proven to be an outstanding good-will ambassador. He may have started in Greece, but the stories he has shared of his experiences racing our little bikes have crossed languages and cultures.

Of course, if Dez wins posthumously, he can't join the podcast, but I know for sure that there are plenty of people who would be happy to represent him.
Thanks for your contribution Lito. Those names are noted for the poll soon.

Who else? So far as of today 41 views.... I'm sure more people have suggestions to nominate.

Kevin
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2014, 07:56 PM
RCMCConline com
Kev71H's Avatar
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
1st I nominate Stelios.
I have enjoyed Stelios input on the RC bikes and the coverage of so many events.
Stelios also posts so many fun videos/pictures both on RCGroups and on his social media.

2nd Nomination: Edi Winter. His contribution on the mechanics of our RC Bikes has been influential in so many ways.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:34 AM
Registered User
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Feb 2007
335 Posts
I have 2.

Chris Nicastro- The venom GPV-1 re-invigorated interest in the RC bike scene, followed by the VMX and MM450. All these bikes were in the affordable price range, and allowed the average joe to get a bike and have a go.

Torrance- The SB-5 design was revolutionary, and has influenced many of the new bike designs. Once again, the SB-5, price was affordable.
magnuts is offline Find More Posts by magnuts
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 01:17 AM
RCMCConline com
Kev71H's Avatar
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuts View Post
I have 2.

Chris Nicastro- The venom GPV-1 re-invigorated interest in the RC bike scene, followed by the VMX and MM450. All these bikes were in the affordable price range, and allowed the average joe to get a bike and have a go.

Torrance- The SB-5 design was revolutionary, and has influenced many of the new bike designs. Once again, the SB-5, price was affordable.
Will add them too to the nominees. And good points too.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 03:03 AM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,372 Posts
Thanks Magnuts!
Dont forget the 1/12 bikes! Lol

I nominate Dez.
He was just such a fan of RC bikes and a great ambassador. I really enjoyed talking with him about bikes, promotions and racing.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 05:18 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
24 Posts
I'd also like to nominate Stelios as I feel he does more to promote and publicise what we do across the globe than anyone. His race reports and pictures make great reading for all.

Unfortunately I came into rc bikes after Dez's demise but was lucky enough to have met him a few times while racing rc cars. He is certainly a man that was liked and respected throughout the rc world so would also back his nominations
Gspeed is offline Find More Posts by Gspeed
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 05:30 AM
Registered User
edi.winter's Avatar
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,109 Posts
Dez (Thanks for all he did)
Stelios (Promoting)
Torrance (SB5)
edi.winter is online now Find More Posts by edi.winter
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:18 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
scaulfi's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,745 Posts
This is a hard one..!

I picked Dez too but he cant be here.

But for me it has to be out of the designers,.. Keith P, Chris N, Torrance, Patrick Alleven, Nolan F, Edi and Rolando Tradi...
So..., I picked Edi, for getting RC bike design out of the dark ages. Watching Edi's progress over the years, his hours and track time spent with development etc, the Jabber has taken RC bike racing to a whole other level in stability, handling and design.

Next has to be Stelios, for his reviews, commentary and his devotion to the RC bike world.

There are others that have made substantial Input into the bikes over the years too but these guys stand out the most.
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:33 PM
RCMCConline com
Kev71H's Avatar
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi View Post
This is a hard one..!

I picked Dez too but he cant be here.

But for me it has to be out of the designers,.. Keith P, Chris N, Torrance, Patrick Alleven, Nolan F, Edi and Rolando Tradi...
So..., I picked Edi, for getting RC bike design out of the dark ages. Watching Edi's progress over the years, his hours and track time spent with development etc, the Jabber has taken RC bike racing to a whole other level in stability, handling and design.

Next has to be Stelios, for his reviews, commentary and his devotion to the RC bike world.

There are others that have made substantial Input into the bikes over the years too but these guys stand out the most.
Thanks for your input... I have added to the list.........

I will be posting a "POLL" through RC Groups NEXT week 10/31/2014 ... I will give that poll 1-2 weeks to complete voting. Then the award will be given out.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:22 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
steliosh's Avatar
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,311 Posts
thanks and I am really blushing!

However, I believe it's -in my personal chronological order-
Gregor Schinner,
Ian Francisco,
Lito Reyes,
Dez Chand,
Pat (of Pat's brakes),
Chris Nicastro,
Edi Winter,
Torrance Deguzman,
Keith Plested,
Kevin Hicks,
and many many more worth of mention!
These are my heroes!

I am really not doing favors or being courteous... Each of these people, most of whom I've never met in person have influenced me all these years with RC bikes!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2014, 05:47 AM
Registered User
Manuspain's Avatar
Joined Feb 2007
262 Posts
The first name for me is : Dez

but,

For promotion : Stelios
For next level development : Edi (and Torrance)
For TM diplomacy : Aaron
For tons of hours brainstorming and racing : Lopez Family
Manuspain is offline Find More Posts by Manuspain
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2014, 04:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Edi Winter for developing the Jabber

Steff (Stefan) Polydor
steff2202 is offline Find More Posts by steff2202
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2014, 05:40 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2014
13 Posts
+ 1 for Edi Winter and his jabber bike
dshy is offline Find More Posts by dshy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Oshmens Hobbies 1/5 Bike Mank01 Motorcycles 134 Oct 11, 2014 11:13 PM
Rave RC achievment award. Bilbobaker Site Chat 2 Nov 14, 2010 02:51 AM
Poll The RCG micro RTF awards! part 3- best hobby-grade micro Ironbowser Micro Ready-to-Fly 9 May 17, 2008 03:29 AM
Discussion Any info on this bike conversion? 1-18 slot bike/scalextric to RC lord chris Motorcycles 2 Apr 10, 2007 02:05 PM
Discussion My first hobby quality rc bike turbored21 Motorcycles 18 Nov 02, 2006 06:56 PM