United States, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4207 View Post
Wrong thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
I'm sifting through the traxxas propaganda to find out one of the actual differences between the QR1 and X4: beginner rates maxing out at 60% and 80% respectively. I thought it might be worth sharing.

of all the topics I've seen discussed here I don't really see how that's off topic, but thanks for your contribution.
I meant that differently...I meant to post in another thread. I couldn't figure out how to delete my post here, so I cut-pasted it to the other thread, and edited my post here to say "wrong thread". It wasn't directed at anyone else's post.

In retrospect I should have put, "delete".

I think the birds are basically identical.
jason4207 is offline Find More Posts by jason4207
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:56 AM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4207 View Post
I meant that differently...I meant to post in another thread. I couldn't figure out how to delete my post here, so I cut-pasted it to the other thread, and edited my post here to say "wrong thread". It wasn't directed at anyone else's post.

In retrospect I should have put, "delete".

I think the birds are basically identical.
haha that's funny. sorry I misinterpreted
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
I'm absolutely loving my Qr1!! I've flown all kinds of helies from micro to 250 trex. And I don't think ill ever go back to a helicopter. I've flown 20 packs with no issue. One of the techs at work got starteled when I snuck it up behind him and he thought it was a bee and King Kong it right out of the air. It slammed against the concrete wall then down to the concrete ground, picked it back up trimmed it a little and off she went with no fuss. AWESOME!!!
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:28 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothcruizer3 View Post
I am loving mine very much!!! it has it's own character and that is what I am about.... I have my rates set in the pro mode set at 75% on everything and it stopped jumping around after a piro turn. I have 2 of these and thought I spent too much but NOT!!! ....

the prop blades are getting nicks and such but that is from my hardcore style.
I thought I read that you can change the rates. Can you change the beginner rates or just expert rates?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:40 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
you can change both beginner and expert rates independently, but beginner rates max out at 60%. expert rates max out at 100%.
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:31 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
you can change both beginner and expert rates independently, but beginner rates max out at 60%. expert rates max out at 100%.
Ok cool I'm going to change the beginner rates to give me a little more to compensate when I get into trouble.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
So I got my settings adjusted how I like. Beginner mode at 20% for Landing, nose in hovering practic and really tight spots, and expert set to 60% for FFF, till I get ready for some full rate flying and flipping.

I noticed the expert mode was only set to 90% not even maxed out! The Q is a beast on 100% and has plenty of power. Traxxas definitely came through on this and did an awesome job, I don't think there is anything I would change other then the light blinking on the transmitter when in expert mode sometimes it catches my eye and takes my focus off the Q for a second. I give Traxxas A+++
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:12 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Dose anyone have to put there Q into expert mode to get it to do the stabilization reset? I'm thinking it might be bc I changed all the rates and set the Begginer rates so low
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:20 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Dose anyone have to put there Q into expert mode to get it to do the stabilization reset? I'm thinking it might be bc I changed all the rates and set the Begginer rates so low
Yes.
Set the beginner ratings up to 40 or 50 (can't remember) to get access to the calibration.
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
Yes.
Set the beginner ratings up to 40 or 50 (can't remember) to get access to the calibration.
-mike-
Ok no big deal, I'll just do it in expert mode, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something wrong with it .
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:35 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Anyone getting good at the flips and rolls? I tried a couple times. Didn't have much luck. I did do a roll by accedent lol. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to perform these ?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:27 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Anyone getting good at the flips and rolls? I tried a couple times. Didn't have much luck. I did do a roll by accedent lol. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to perform these ?
Switch to expert mode first after having increased your rates for elevator and ailerons to 95 or above.

Be a considerable height above the ground before initiating flips till you get used to compensating for the loss of height upon doing a flip.

One your at around 10 ft or abovE..give it a little throttle and begin the flip by pushing right stick to its far end (mode 2) right and then instantly left..same for the flip in the opposite direction..right stick pushed to the left far end and then instantly right...same works for back ward and forward flips...full push on the direction you want then quick opposite push motion..

Enjoy..
Ayo
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
[QUOTE=Ayodhya;24234766]Switch to expert mode first after having increased your rates for elevator and ailerons to 95 or above.

Be a considerable height above the ground before initiating flips till you get used to compensating for the loss of height upon doing a flip.

One your at around 10 ft or abovE..give it a little throttle and begin the flip by pushing right stick to its far end (mode 2) right and then instantly left..same for the flip in the opposite direction..right stick pushed to the left far end and then instantly right...same works for back ward and forward flips...full push on the direction you want then quick opposite push motion..

Cool, thanx for your help! I'm getting pretty good at fast forward flight and will be attempting some flips and rolls soon.

What would you say is easier to perform, a flip or a roll?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:19 PM
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
393 Posts
Quote:
it also seems the beginner modes has more expo built in.... banging the sticks around in beginner mode is not as violent as much. Expert mode can get you out of trouble when your quad is sliding. I would describe it like ice in the air, it will drift in a good way to reset the trim because if the trim is off it will slowly move faster in that direction.
Smoothcruizer3 is offline Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:10 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
882 Posts
[QUOTE=Rellik;24240134]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
Switch to expert mode first after having increased your rates for elevator and ailerons to 95 or above.

Cool, thanx for your help! I'm getting pretty good at fast forward flight and will be attempting some flips and rolls soon.

What would you say is easier to perform, a flip or a roll?
Your welcome
To be honest I don't really find flipping difficult cuz unlike a hobby grade quad say for instance running a kk 2 board where flips are manual and don't work in a sequence of auto-like motions in the x4, its more fun..

I suggest u use the x4 to familiarize yourself with orientation..nose in, nose out, etc..

I personally like fast fly bys , pirouettes, controlled flying.

Like you, I began with beginner mode, played with rates till I maxed it..got used to it then went to expert n did the same.

I now no longer fly anything but expert on maxed out rates, both indoor and out door.
In the end it all depends on how well accustomed you are to the sensitivity of the sticks on expert.. If you know just how much to push the sticks (which you will eventually) you can fly the x4/qr 1 maxed out on rates as slow as you want and as fast as you want..

I think, it would help you much to get used to the throttle, as when you want to flip and you do so, you will need to give just the right amount of throttle (just a little so its on a steady moderate climb) before initiating the flip sequence with the right stick (mode2).

Ayo
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya