SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:58 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Ebay link is up: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=261128778296

Sorry Amazon buyers, the deadline to submit for them during the Holiday Season was Nov 13th, and in addition, any problems with the product are handled by them. I'm sure they're more than capable to do flight testing
MO, just a thought, have you considered mentioning the MassiveRC website on the ebay listing? I wouldn't think that violates any ebay policy, and I've seen other listings that does it. The benefit is more exposure for the web store, and you may get some previously-undecisive buyers (I think a few bucks could make a difference).
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:12 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinNewPhila View Post
Received my order today!

Although I think you sent me the wrong package MO.......

Aren't these boxes suppose to be all dented up and look as though they have been thrown and kicked about on their journey to my home? WELL THIS ONE ISN'T!

It doesn't get any better than the service from MO guys! Ordered Tues....At my door Friday! Everything was packaged carefully, and like I said.... I have never received a package in the mail in this good of condition!

Keep it up MO and I'm sure you'll have a lot of happy customers!
Glad she made it safely to you JW! Did your mini pet enjoy it's treat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
MO, just a thought, have you considered mentioning the MassiveRC website on the ebay listing? I wouldn't think that violates any ebay policy, and I've seen other listings that does it. The benefit is more exposure for the web store, and you may get some previously-undecisive buyers (I think a few bucks could make a difference).
Look closely at the pictures . I actually put a blurb in the features description:

•Full line of spare parts available at MassiveRC store

I think it's close enough without blatantly violating any rules. If they sell well enough on Ebay I'll go ahead and upgrade the account.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:14 PM
United States, OH, New Philadelphia
Joined Jul 2012
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Did your mini pet enjoy it's treat?

LOL.... Forgot to mention the "TREAT" .....yummy
JWinNewPhila is offline Find More Posts by JWinNewPhila
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:36 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
LOL.... Forgot to mention the "TREAT" .....yummy
What's this treat? Honey flavored candy?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
United States, OH, New Philadelphia
Joined Jul 2012
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
What's this treat? Honey flavored candy?
Guess you'll have to order something to find out......
JWinNewPhila is offline Find More Posts by JWinNewPhila
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:51 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Quote:
Guess you'll have to order something to find out......
Hey JW,
I almost thought you were serious about getting the wrong package haha,
we're very happy to hear that the Mini pet found its way home! Please let us know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions. Happy flyin'
-James
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:42 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,292 Posts
Not too get to far off subject but do any of you guys also own the ladybird? And if so how close of a flyer is it in comparison. I only ask because I now have some money in my paypal and really want to purchase in order to help support the new shop. I have the 2402d which is really nice, but I have no plans to pick up a higher end Walkera radio, so I was just wondering for those that might have flown both. I know it's pretty high on the list according to Jim, but just wanted extra input. Personally I'm really liking it for the led's on it. I have installed led's on my ladybird, but they are tiny and can be a pain to work with when changing out a boom. I like the plug and play with them already built in on the mini pet. Plus I've always liked the aluminum booms.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Thanks for the support JL, James owns both the LB and MP so I'll let him chime in. I do know that James said that the TX makes a big difference in the LB, and that without the better transmitter, the performance gap isn't as large.

Got some more video up (I really need to get a GoPro):

2.4 Ghz Mini Pet V997 Micro Quadcopter indoor flight (3 min 21 sec)

I'll try to do some night takes. This platform is really good for the 808 cam.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:01 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
@jlcamp7,
As MO said, I have both the ladybird and the Mini Pet... I think the V2 performs like a dream, but that's only if you use one of the better txs; the stock Devo 4 really does let it down. I think the mini pet is a lot of fun if you want to do night flying..and its six axis system does keep it more stable in winds and such... it is a little on the heavy end though so the responses won't be as sharp as the V2. Up to you really, but if you are really considering the V2, my advice is to get a better tx with it... cos' the Devo 4 is one of the worst txs I've ever owned
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:52 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
I agree James, I haven't flown all the micro's out there but from the ones I have flown the V2 really does shine. I have not tried the Mini Pet and was thinking of getting one in the near future. The V2 with the Devo 4 does not show what that little quad is truly capable of after using my Devo 7 with different configurations. I'm also thinking of ordering a V1 board but if the difference isn't that big in performance (I only tried it for a few minutes at my LHS and couldn't tell much difference but sure I just needed more time with it) I just might order two V2 boards for about 5 dollars more. Speaking of ordering..

I just placed my first order with MassiveRC, 3 nanotech lipos for my LB V2. I've read great things about that battery and couldn't think of a better store than this one to get them Thanks guys for making these available here in the US and at a good price as well as the shipping. I really wanted to try these out and its also really cool you guys changed the polarity on them before shipping them out. Thanks again and good luck with your new business. Happy Thanksgiving for those celebrating it.
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:38 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Hey waveOmatic,
Happy Thanksgiving!
Cheers for the business sir, hope you'll like the batteries. The nanotechs do work well on the V2 from what I've heard so far.

The V1 board is quite nice... it is more refined imo (But really the differences are really hard to notice) and I like having the telemetry... though I really don't think that it justifies the cost :P having two V2 boards sounds like the better deal
-James
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:18 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,359 Posts
Thanks Wave!! Happy Turkey Day everyone!!

In celebration of Thanksgiving and Black Friday we're offering a $10 off coupon code: BLACKTURKEY (must use all caps) good towards the purchase of the Mini Pet Bee or Beetle quadcopter. One per customer please. Coupon good until midnight Sunday.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:38 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
MO, when does the coupon expire? I haven't flown mine yet, but if I like it enough I might just get another one, but I wouldn't know till next week.

Edit: ok, just re-read your post. Midnight Sunday.
Last edited by stonecutter; Nov 22, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:52 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
I thought the coupon was a joke. It says...J/K on the main page.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:07 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
I haven't checked out yet, but the coupon worked for me. I'll go to the post office tomorrow to pick mine up and fly it to see if I want another one.