HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:55 AM
Joined Dec 2011
72 Posts
Discussion
Buying a lipo battery from overseas

I found a cheap lipo battery on ebay. The official traccas one for my stampede 4x4. Is it the same from buying one from Australia? Like the voltage or amything> I have a Australian charger that I brought from my hobby shop that has the Australian wall charger. Its coming from the US.
Im only 15 and dont want to waste $110 when im only getting $30 a week.

Thanks
jazza96 is offline Find More Posts by jazza96
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:56 AM
Joined Dec 2011
72 Posts
Traxxas*
jazza96 is offline Find More Posts by jazza96
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:10 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
Have you looked a batteries on hobbyking.com or hobbypartz.com, they will be much cheaper and just as good.

The batteries are the same voltage worldwide, just the chargers match the country's electrical system.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:54 AM
Car Junkie trying to fly
United States, FL, Deltona
Joined Oct 2005
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Have you looked a batteries on hobbyking.com or hobbypartz.com, they will be much cheaper and just as good.

The batteries are the same voltage worldwide, just the chargers match the country's electrical system.
I have had great luck with batteries from both those stores. hobbyPartz just goes out of stock often. If you see something in stock you want, better snatch it as may be out for a while...
Y2kGTP is offline Find More Posts by Y2kGTP
Old Feb 09, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
The Gens Ace 2s 40c 5000mah is a very popular lipo. You should really take a look in them. There cheap, durable, and reliable when you drive. Loads of punch and is always consistent till the last min of running. I personally wouldn't trust lipos overseas. Theres a reason why there so cheap. Cause there low quality explosive battery's just waiting to catch to fire. All you need is one battery. It will last you a good 30min which after a while you'll want to go in for some cleaning. Plus Hobbypartz is in US and you'll receive it the next week instead of the next month or month(s). http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...se-direct.html
Megarallycar is offline Find More Posts by Megarallycar
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:11 PM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
494 Posts
Hobbyking has a AUS warehouse you know...

I do own a couple of Lipos I bought from HK, if taken care of properly it's likely the batteries will last me a long time...

While I don't wanna base my entire argument on just my experience on a few batteries, I do have to rebutt that they're all poor quality crap that'll explode for no reason...sometimes the cheap price only means they're not charging 150% markup for US labor cost...
SporadicIdiocy is online now Find More Posts by SporadicIdiocy
Old Feb 09, 2012, 11:55 PM
Car Junkie trying to fly
United States, FL, Deltona
Joined Oct 2005
1,175 Posts
All these batteries come from overseas. Hobbypartz aka raidentech is just warehoused in CA.

They do ship fast. I ordered a radio on Sunday, and it shipped out Monday due to me tomorrow in FL.
Y2kGTP is offline Find More Posts by Y2kGTP
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:49 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
The guy is in Australia, so overseas to him is north america.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...&v=&sortlist=H

That's a listing of all the car packs they have in the Australian warehouse.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:04 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jul 2007
722 Posts
Hobby King all the way (they have ROAR approved Lipos too). Unless you must have to have brand names and really particular in racing then Maxamp or Reedy (unless sponsored, you have to earn pretty good money to spare to afford these brands of lipos for this hobby. I guess if you buy 1 or 2 it's okay.... I usually stock up 4 to 8 packs for 1 car).
carrotcake is offline Find More Posts by carrotcake