HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:15 AM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
my 35-30 motors just barely fit inside the nacelles. so if you plan to mount those 35-42's, you'll have to do some modding.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:37 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
I assumed that right from the start. No big deal. Modding is half the fun
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:22 AM
Gravity always wins . . .
USA, CA, Palmdale
Joined Dec 2010
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
looks stock! what did you use for the metallic reflectors inside the lenses?
Chris, that's aluminum tape applied to .020 thk styrene plastic for rigidity.
Corky65 is offline Find More Posts by Corky65
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:25 PM
Staying 3 mistakes high!
United States, GA, Lilburn
Joined May 2011
126 Posts
I maidened my GC today and all I can say is WOW! First flight used a 2200 3s and balance was right on the money. The sound from the twin props was like music. Six minutes in the air at 1/2 throttle with loops done at 3/4, and a few high speed low passes and full throttle. The landing was gentle with flaps at 30%. The second flight used a 2650 3s and I went for 8 minutes just cruising around. This time though the landing was a little dramatic. As soon as I touched down the left main folded under. The entire mount just came out of the wing. I swear, they must use Post-it note glue to hold these things in. A little Gorilla Glue will makes things right again. Dynam did a great job with this plane. In fact, I love all my Dynams, T-28, SR22, HawkSky and now the GC.
Fei Hu is offline Find More Posts by Fei Hu
Last edited by Fei Hu; Jan 26, 2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:23 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,732 Posts
Looks like I can finally give her a go today. Found a nice paved surface and the weather is finally cooperating. Fingers crossed. Spinners seem slightly out of balance but...

Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:48 PM
Australia, NSW, Casula
Joined Jan 2012
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei Hu View Post
I maidened my GC today and all I can say is WOW! First flight used a 2200 3s and balance was right on the money. The sound from the twin props was like music. Six minutes in the air at 1/2 throttle with loops done at 3/4, and a few high speed low passes and full throttle. The landing was gentle with flaps at 30%. The second flight used a 2650 3s and I went for 8 minutes just cruising around. This time though the landing was a little dramatic. As soon as I touched down the left main folded under. The entire mount just came out of the wing. I swear, they must use Post-it note glue to hold these things in. A little Gorilla Glue will makes things right again. Dynam did a great job with this plane. In fact, I love all my Dynams, T-28, SR22, HawkSky and now the GC.
That happened to me too....Have glued them up with epoxy and has never failed since.
redbaron1 is offline Find More Posts by redbaron1
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:00 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
2,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron1 View Post
That happened to me too....Have glued them up with epoxy and has never failed since.
I had a great flight the other day - see clip.

Cessna 310R Dynam Grand Cruiser (8 min 1 sec)
captain MoMo is offline Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:56 AM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
I had a great flight the other day - see clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDCPFjykKbY
Appears to be a great flying site/field.. !!...Along with the flight... Maryland huh? Hmm...
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:56 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,732 Posts
Night flight captain !

I maidened mine yesterday. Went to a Distribution Center park with a buddy so I could start her off on a paved runway. All went well initially. Smooth take off roll with slight left torque on rotation. Flew a few circuits. Hardly any trim required. Then, a minor mishap. Lost elevator completely. She tracked along a glideslope as I chopped the throttle and disappeared past the parking lot into some tall reeds. Will try to load a short vid later.

When I found her, there was practically zero damage. The wing detached from the fuse.

Note to self: Preflight checklist . Make sure rod linkage is tightly connected to horn. The screw had come loose.

A few quick repairs and she'll be airborne again in no time. Nice flying plane.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:56 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
hey hawk, remember this pic i posted awhile back. i found mine loose at the feild awhile back & i also had to run a couple pieces of tape over top of where the rudder, meets the feuselage. hate to hear your misfortune, but like me, you had hardly any damage. this plane looks very nice, but it needs a lot of mods & up-keep to keep it flight safe. i think the wing spar is pretty much a "MUST" with this plane. try doing a steep dive & pull out hard, and see if the stock wing will not break! id like to keep my elevator & rudder removable for maintenance, so ill just put tape in certain "key" places. along with the bolts "of course".
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:02 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
ive also thought it would be neat, if somebody put a cockpit in the 310, and then put a few small bags full of foam in the back of the cockpit. and make it look like its hauling some "cocaine"! the "drug cartels" used these 310"s a lot back in the 80's. & make the pilots look like "drug-lords"!
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:04 PM
Ron - AMA 1025
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Aug 2005
307 Posts
Gc

I just bought and test flew one of these last week. Good deal for a twin with retracts, great looking plane. First test flight went well, but I noticed the elevator trim seemed to kept changing during the flight. Safely landed after about a six minute flight. Checking things out later realized I hadn't tightend the elevator screw on the control horn tight enough and it was moving slightly changing the trim. Real lucky I did have a bigger problem. Will be flying again this week.
ronwc is offline Find More Posts by ronwc
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:18 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwc View Post
I just bought and test flew one of these last week. Good deal for a twin with retracts, great looking plane. First test flight went well, but I noticed the elevator trim seemed to kept changing during the flight. Safely landed after about a six minute flight. Checking things out later realized I hadn't tightend the elevator screw on the control horn tight enough and it was moving slightly changing the trim. Real lucky I did have a bigger problem. Will be flying again this week.
i found mine loose too, last time i flew. & now that i think about it, thats probably why my 310 felt funny before i added tape to the elevator & rudder. so, im going to try a bit of thrread locker on the tail'feather bolts. id also advise people to add tape in certain areas, to hold everthing down & secure!!! or glue them if you never plan to remove them.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:45 PM
High Voltage
Motorcity
Joined Sep 2010
328 Posts
I added a drop of super glue on the elevator horn pin because it was at the end if the wire and didn't want that coming loose. Has been fine for over 100 flights
shock is offline Find More Posts by shock
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:53 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
Still haven't received mine sure hope the tracking says something new tomorrow.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens