HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 05, 2012, 07:19 PM
Electric only
rkopka's Avatar
Graz - Austria
Joined Nov 2002
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rich View Post
Funny you should say that, because this was one of the first models I lit up, so no, cant see it very well from behind...
The shape of it is fine, and it's only 2 sides, so working out which way up it is, is easy, just know which light is left/right sides and which way it's moving...
There's the problem if you are farther away and/or doing some maneuvers. Some rolls or loops and it could get difficult. When going straight it is OK.

Quote:
The switch is really not a problem, I have never accidentally flicked switches during flights, have you?
I have. Either taking the wrong switch or incidentally touching a switch. There can also be problems with the electronics.

My strategy is to have at least some LEDs which are always on. For nightflights there is no reason to switch the complete light except some strange stunts without any light at all in the night.

RK
rkopka is offline Find More Posts by rkopka
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 02:07 AM
Registered User
federl's Avatar
Austria, Stmk., Sankt Radegund bei Graz
Joined Aug 2011
82 Posts
Xeno electric rigid wing

Hello Xeno family,
introduce my version of a Xeno Mark I (Glider version) - got it cheap as a "sale out".
I have no need of a folding wing, as my "air" ist right behind my house. After looking at some crash videos:
mpx xeno crash (1 min 31 sec)

MPX Xeno bekommt das große Flattern ;0) (4 min 23 sec)

XENO SLOPE DS.mpg (4 min 50 sec)


it was clear: One wing version for me.

Here it is:
Powered by a 1070kV Turborix 160W, 7x6 Prop GWS, 1350mAh 3s Lipo, it is a nice 714 gram plane that takes pretty well "bad winds" - downwinds from the mountains behind me, and has a nice gliding performance when upwinds. Prop is fixed on a Propsaver, so for pure gliding it is easy to remove...

Over all: A very low budget nice wing (all together ~ 100 USD)

A vid from the maiden flight:
Xeno_maiden_flight.wmv (5 min 20 sec)
federl is offline Find More Posts by federl
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:17 AM
Registered User
G_eronimo's Avatar
Near Koblenz
Joined Oct 2006
284 Posts
Federl, how did you mount it on the fuselage?
Glue or screws?

Uli
G_eronimo is offline Find More Posts by G_eronimo
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:15 AM
Registered User
federl's Avatar
Austria, Stmk., Sankt Radegund bei Graz
Joined Aug 2011
82 Posts
Hi Uli,
i fixed it by a thin double sided tape plus 4 2x6mm self tapping screws.
federl is offline Find More Posts by federl
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 01:01 PM
Registered User
Florence, Italy
Joined Feb 2010
39 Posts
Hi!
Which is the best alternative from HobbyKing for the himax (tuning version) motor?
I found some good motors but all of them have a 3.17 diameter shaft, not 4mm as required.
Or, do you have any easy tip to adapt it?
By and thanks!!
francesco67 is offline Find More Posts by francesco67
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:59 PM
Gasbags & Gussets
jswain's Avatar
Riverside, Ca
Joined Feb 2009
1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco67 View Post
Hi!
Which is the best alternative from HobbyKing for the himax (tuning version) motor?
I found some good motors but all of them have a 3.17 diameter shaft, not 4mm as required.
Or, do you have any easy tip to adapt it?
By and thanks!!

check this out and see if it helps, this has a low weight and 4mm shaft-

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...tor/Categories

BTW these are good guys to buy from.

best wishes, john s.
jswain is offline Find More Posts by jswain
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:44 AM
Registered User
Florence, Italy
Joined Feb 2010
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswain View Post
check this out and see if it helps, this has a low weight and 4mm shaft-

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...tor/Categories

BTW these are good guys to buy from.

best wishes, john s.
Thanks jswain! It seems a great motor and a good price...the problem is that they don't ship internationally, and I live in Italy...
I will look for that motor on other sites.
francesco67 is offline Find More Posts by francesco67
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:21 AM
Gasbags & Gussets
jswain's Avatar
Riverside, Ca
Joined Feb 2009
1,229 Posts
these details always get in the way :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco67 View Post
Thanks jswain! It seems a great motor and a good price...the problem is that they don't ship internationally, and I live in Italy...
I will look for that motor on other sites.
Ok, understood.
Perhaps i should buy the motor and meet you in Florence to avoid shipping charges
Our vaction to Italy (Tuscany/Sienna/Florence/Venice) was one of the highlights of our lives and we want to go back again.

js
jswain is offline Find More Posts by jswain
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:27 PM
Registered User
Florence, Italy
Joined Feb 2010
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswain View Post
Ok, understood.
Perhaps i should buy the motor and meet you in Florence to avoid shipping charges
Our vaction to Italy (Tuscany/Sienna/Florence/Venice) was one of the highlights of our lives and we want to go back again.

js
Ok! Let me know if you pla to come here...we could also go for some slopes by here...
francesco67 is offline Find More Posts by francesco67
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:29 PM
Registered User
Petrik59's Avatar
Sverige, Södermanlands Län, Eskilstuna
Joined Jan 2008
196 Posts
Is the Xeno a slow or a fast wing?
I like fast flying Wings.
Is not the long prop shaft a problem if you want to use a high KV motor?
The longer the shaft is the harder it must be with balance or?
Petrik59 is offline Find More Posts by Petrik59
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:48 AM
Registered User
Florence, Italy
Joined Feb 2010
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco67 View Post
Thanks jswain! It seems a great motor and a good price...the problem is that they don't ship internationally, and I live in Italy...
I will look for that motor on other sites.
Hi folks: I found on hobbyking this 4mm diameter shaft motor.

It has more or less the same weight as the himax 2816-1220, but has a 300 W power, 1000 KV (instead of 1220), the same diameter (28 mm), but a different lenght (the HK is 37 mm, the himax is 32.5).

Do you think it would be a good replacement for the himax motor? Most of all I am not sure that having 300 W max power instead of 200 W would be a problem.

That is the hobbyking motor: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_1000kv.html
francesco67 is offline Find More Posts by francesco67
Last edited by francesco67; Mar 22, 2012 at 05:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:28 AM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco67 View Post
Hi folks: I found on hobbyking this 4mm diameter shaft motor.

It has more or less the same weight as the himax 2816-1220, but has a 300 W power, 1000 KV (instead of 1220), the same diameter (28 mm), but a different lenght (the HK is 37 mm, the himax is 32.5).

Do you think it would be a good replacement for the himax motor? Most of all I am not sure that having 300 W max power instead of 200 W would be a problem.
...
The problem here is the lower kV of the motor. You'd need to run a bigger prop to get the same performance as with a 1220 kV motor.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:02 AM
Registered User
Florence, Italy
Joined Feb 2010
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
The problem here is the lower kV of the motor. You'd need to run a bigger prop to get the same performance as with a 1220 kV motor.

Jürgen
Jurgen, thanks, always ready with your usefull tips...

So maybe this other ? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19036

175 W...max current 18 A: will it be too weak?

the 4 mm shaft reduces the choises!
francesco67 is offline Find More Posts by francesco67
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:31 AM
Registered User
Wallington, New Jersey, USA
Joined Apr 2010
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrik59 View Post
Is the Xeno a slow or a fast wing?
I like fast flying Wings.
Is not the long prop shaft a problem if you want to use a high KV motor?
The longer the shaft is the harder it must be with balance or?
I'd say medium! It's more like a powered glider that can go at a decent clip, but it's not a fast wing.
hugofly is offline Find More Posts by hugofly
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:55 AM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco67 View Post
Jurgen, thanks, always ready with your usefull tips...

So maybe this other ? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19036

175 W...max current 18 A: will it be too weak?

the 4 mm shaft reduces the choises!
This is motor is much better suited for the original folding prop - provided the motorshaft can be pushed from one sid eto the other.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Multiplex Xeno checkup Flying Wings 129 Apr 10, 2010 09:47 AM
Yippee! New Multiplex Models 2009: MERLIN and XENO Doubletap Slope 12 Feb 26, 2010 11:31 PM
Discussion XENO, New to Multiplex??? sparkie624 Hitec/Multiplex USA 4 May 27, 2009 07:16 PM
Discussion Multiplex Xeno as FPV JakAck FPV Talk 7 Mar 09, 2009 07:40 PM
New Product Multiplex Xeno soundcheque Flying Wings 2 Mar 03, 2009 10:25 PM