HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:57 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
nieltj,

I bet your on the money with your last comment about Ebay; I have yet to order from them only finding out about their website just prior to moving. I am still in a hotel so it is difficult to place an order. Thanks for sharing the information.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2009, 02:27 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jul 2008
275 Posts
It's been a week since my order went through and it hasn't been shipped yet. Hopefully I can get it within another week or so, I just smoked my only ESC big enough to run the plane I'm building.
Rota is offline Find More Posts by Rota
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:42 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 View Post
Placed two recent orders; 11-02-09, & 11-07-09. Neither order has arrived as yet, though marked a "shipped"; going on two weeks, longer than my previous order. Maybe Hong Kong Post is getting busy? Only time will tell.
Update: order placed 11-02-09 arrived today; exactly 14 days from order to delivery. 4 days slower than the previous order, but not bad considering the distances. I ordered the "Battery Balancer & Watt Meter" for $27; good price, but no instructions! They are available on the website, but not as a pdf, so I will have to refer to the website for instructions, (inconvenient!). I'll report back with a review of that product soon. Order of 11-07-09 is still outstanding; more later.
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:30 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Joined Aug 2009
12 Posts
Quote:
Update: order placed 11-02-09 arrived today; exactly 14 days from order to delivery. 4 days slower than the previous order, but not bad considering the distances. I ordered the "Battery Balancer & Watt Meter" for $27; good price, but no instructions! They are available on the website, but not as a pdf, so I will have to refer to the website for instructions, (inconvenient!). I'll report back with a review of that product soon. Order of 11-07-09 is still outstanding; more later.
Hi! guys just read thread and checked out site. I am looking for a charger as well. R C Timer has a download section on top of web site and if you click there you can download pdf for charger and other items.http://www.rctimer.com/download.htm
POP-Ralph is offline Find More Posts by POP-Ralph
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:42 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by POP-Ralph View Post
Hi! guys just read thread and checked out site. I am looking for a charger as well. R C Timer has a download section on top of web site and if you click there you can download pdf for charger and other items.http://www.rctimer.com/download.htm
Found it! Thanks for the tip; product review will follow soon!
Old Nov 16, 2009, 09:53 PM
Northwest Arkansas
Joined Sep 2008
617 Posts
Quote:
Found it! Thanks for the tip; product review will follow soon!
There's no need for a manual. It's super easy to use. I posted the procedure to calibrate it above (not in the manual).
arkcom is offline Find More Posts by arkcom
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:28 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkcom View Post
Hey Nina, is there a way to calibrate the balancer/ watt meter? My six cells are off by .06,.04,.01,.05,.05,.02. When I have a battery plugged into the "power source" side, that reading is off by .1v on a 3cell pack. I don't know if the amperage readings are correct because I have nothing to compare it to.

EDIT: If you plug a fully charged (and balanced) 6 cell pack into the balance port and power source plug, then hold esc and select, it will calibrate the balance portion. I haven't figured out how to calibrate the power source input.
Thanks, I have 3S packs, but I show a difference in cell voltage on the meter too. I tried the above procedure w/ a charged/balanced 3S pack & got no visible result. I'll keep fiddling with it & see what happens. Thanks again.

Sonny
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:41 PM
Northwest Arkansas
Joined Sep 2008
617 Posts
Yeah. It won't do anything without all 6 cells. What I did was make up a series connector for two 3 cell packs. The pack that goes to the ground plugs into the balancer like usual. The pack that goes to positive plugs into the bottom of the 6s spot. Like in this skillfully done paint drawing. If you have any other questions let me know.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:54 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkcom View Post
Yeah. It won't do anything without all 6 cells. What I did was make up a series connector for two 3 cell packs. The pack that goes to the ground plugs into the balancer like usual. The pack that goes to positive plugs into the bottom of the 6s spot. Like in this skillfully done paint drawing. If you have any other questions let me know.
OK, I think I get it. You made a series connector for the "power" connectors, then plug in the balance connectors as drawn, putting 22-24V in to the "power source" side of the meter, correct? Too bad you have to "balance" the balancer so to speak; they should include a calibration routine in the instructions. It also is giving me an "over-volt" alarm on a charged pack which measures 12.42V on my EFlight Power Meter. Don't know what's up with that yet; cell voltages read 4.17, 4.20, & 4.24 on the new meter. I'm balancing that one now & will check it again when it's done. I think it's time to pull out the trusty old volt-ohm meter & double check some cells. If this little doohicky works as advertised, it's a good deal; if not, it was under $30, so it was worth a chance....we'll see! Thanks for the help!

Sonny
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:14 AM
Northwest Arkansas
Joined Sep 2008
617 Posts
Honestly, it should come balanced from the factory. I'm pretty happy with it now. I really wish that it would work as a discharger instead of stopping once the cells are balanced.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:25 AM
Saskatoon, SK.
Joined Oct 2009
224 Posts
Mission Accomplished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by etotheo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctimer View Post

Quote:

Quote:
I'm a Canadian resident and the RCTimer website gave me an error when I tried to enter my Postal Code (Zip) in the receiving address section of the "My rctimer" section.

It seems there software only recognizes 5-digits (zip) and not the 6-digits required for a Postal Code.

Anyway, I sent Nina an email and she responded quickly, saying that the package will be sent to the address that I gave her in my initial email. Since then I've logged-in and my receiving address has not been updated and I can't check out what I've got in my "cart" until it is.

I will keep the community updated though!

Looking forward to purchasing a ESC's, motors, deans, ect.

Also Nina, it would be great if RCTimer could find and supply a few choices for a balancing charger with an AC Adapter for 1-6 Cell Lipo's!!!
Nina,

I'm still unable to input my postal code into your website, which will enable me to make my order.

Let me know if this is something that you can change (add) within my account and I will PM you my shipping address.

Thanks.
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your enquiry.
You can input default "000000" in Zipcode, and input right information in shipping address.

Nina
Thanks for the reply Nina,

The postal code work-around seems to be OK. I've sent my order in, so we'll see...

Thanks.
Well I've received my order today and everything looks great!

The shipping address on the actual package sent showed the correct format (which has been noted as an issue within this thread).

Will definitely be ordering from RCTimer again... well done Nina.

Total shipping time was 13-days.
etotheo is offline Find More Posts by etotheo
Old Nov 17, 2009, 03:01 PM
Nevada, USA
Joined Sep 2007
1,921 Posts
Nina I never received this order could you check on it?

Thank-you
capt

Order details Ebay

Shipment details
Shipping details

Order details
Item title Available actions Shipping & handling Price

Printer versionSeller: rctimer ( 7962) Contact seller

Paid on Oct-19-09 via PayPal

RC 750KV Outrunner Brushless Motor Free Mounts 2830-14110445607792 - Price: US $9.98
Quantity:1
Having a problem with this purchase? We can help
Leave feedback

Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service: FREE
Estimated delivery: Varies*
Seller ships within 1 days. You can contact the seller for more information. US $9.98

Subtotal: US $9.98

Shipping & handling: FREE

Total: US $9.98
capt is offline Find More Posts by capt
Last edited by capt; Nov 17, 2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:28 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,308 Posts
Hey capt, it's generally not a good idea to post all of your personal info online. A PM to their RCG account would probably be better.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:43 PM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
561 Posts
Dear Capt,

Thanks for your message.
We have sent the shipping details to you webmail, please check it.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
And deeply appreciate for your understanding.

Nina
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:10 PM
Joined Feb 2009
2,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsoti View Post
Hey capt, it's generally not a good idea to post all of your personal info online. A PM to their RCG account would probably be better.
I agree with carlsoti! Capt, now that rctimer has responded, I would edit your comments & remove the personal info, (if I were you that is...).