HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by roballoba, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 05:04 PM
Joined Nov 2014
48 Posts
Hello
How much time passes between the first sign of problem (smoke from the battery?) and a really burning battery?
I have 5 LiPo batteries x 600Mah.
I have also a Lipo charging sack (I am not sure about its quality).
I am worried that If I put the 5 batteries in the sack while charging them (with Imax b6), I won't be able to see a smoke before the fire? So I will miss the opportunity to disconnect the cable and the fire from one battery will also cause fire on the other batteries in the sack.
What do you think? Should I be using the sack or not? (If I stay in the room, while charging)
mooncow is offline Find More Posts by mooncow
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2014, 07:55 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,352 Posts
If you are in the room, don't use a sack. The time between smoke and fire is zero, they come at the same time..(The smoke comes from the fire)
If they are not in a sack, however, you should have plenty of time to notice them starting to puff up and take action.....
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Dec 16, 2014, 08:36 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncow View Post
I am worried that If I put the 5 batteries in the sack while charging them (with Imax b6),..
Do NOT put all of your batteries in one sack! What happens if one burns? You lose the whole bunch AND compound the ignition 5x.

Why do people DO this??

mw (who knows the answer)
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood