HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:59 AM
I do RVP
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Question
What Button Cell Battery Powers GPS V4?

What button cell/watch cell battery powers the memory on the EagleTree GPS V4 units?

The reason I ask is I think mine is dead. This V4 unit happens to be my oldest at almost two years. Time flies when you're having fun! The unit always seems to start out at a "cold boot" with 0 satellites and takes a very long time to acquire its location versus my other GPS V4 units.

I'd like to know the exact battery I would need to replace. Thanks!
WEREE is offline Find More Posts by WEREE
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:37 PM
I do RVP
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
Bill, any update on this simple question about the GPS-V4 battery?

I pulled the GPS-V4 from my model, removed the clear heat shrink wrap but the little button cell seems to be lightly soldered or stamped in somehow and I cannot easily remove the battery. Any guidance on battery replacement? Thanks.
WEREE is offline Find More Posts by WEREE
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:34 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,052 Posts
Its not a "Button Cell', its a capacitor!

Leave your GPS connected to your eLogger for a while with a Lipo connected to your eLogger, and the capacitor will charge up.

Unless of course your GPS is damaged in some unseen way where the cap is not getting charged or it is discharging very quickly when power is removed.

Geoff
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2