HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2011, 05:37 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood View Post
Fair enough. How about we manage all four?

We'll mostly help out, occasionally ignore each other, roll our eyes and even lash out at each other when provoked. Welcome to an interesting area of our society which is no different than anywhere else...just online and we fly toy airplanes. Kindly lighten up. I found the OP amusing in the manner it was intended.

Good work, KC. You efforts will hopefully help more new and old modelers that haven't a clue what a search engine is for.

mw
there's nothing amusing about someone taking that postion ....it's arrogant and highhanded.
These forums are for that and nowhere is it written one must undestand a search engine to fly or build a model....lighten up
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:57 AM
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
i am a newbie here and thanks for your helpful post!
brewsterbedford is offline Find More Posts by brewsterbedford
Old Jan 20, 2011, 03:07 PM
Rookie Pilot
Joined Jan 2011
1 Posts
battery charger help

How do I know which ac adapter to get for my 14.8v lipo battery?
TheMistress is offline Find More Posts by TheMistress
Old Jan 22, 2011, 06:23 AM
I love HAM
Joined Nov 2005
725 Posts
Hi guys I was hoping to find information about a charger to plug into the charging port on my Walkera tx. It has 8x AA 2700mAh batteries in it; At the moment I have to keep taking them out to put them in chargers but I want a more convenient solution. Any pointers would be very much appreciated, thanks!
Schermvlieger is offline Find More Posts by Schermvlieger
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:27 AM
Joined Jan 2011
120 Posts
Hi,

I looked through all the info in this thread but still a little confused. So currently I have a Detrum DC6. Not sure how great of a charger that is but its served me well except for it takes about 2 hours to charge my 3S lipos(3x) each. I'm charging at 1.0a rate. Can I go higher? I read that as long as you dont pass the 2200mah rating that I can up it to about 2.2??? is that true?

Also, I'm currently looking into a multiple lipo charger like the line of Quattro's that are currently out on the market. I have been looking at the Hitec, Imax and the Hobby King versions but its hard for me to pull the trigger on one right now. What should I do??? I have been reading that on these Quad chargers the output per channel is only 50watts and to many that is pretty low. Currently in my line up, I have (3)1S 3.37v for Blade 120sr, (3)3S 11.1v for Trojan T-28 and Stinson Reliant SR-10 and (1)4S 14.1v for a Habu(correct me if I'm wrong). People have been putting the Pro's and Con's of such chargers but many of the Cons seemed to only apply to those running bigger lipos 5S and up. How long with these quads will it take me to charge my batteries at the airfield to keep flying all day?? Please help me in making a decision. I have only been in the hobby since Nov 2010 so I don't know as much as many of you that have been flying for years/Decades.

Thanks again....
40rty is offline Find More Posts by 40rty
Old Jan 28, 2011, 05:23 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
40rty...It seems like the experts are worn out from answering battery/charger questions...Leaving us to weed through tons of info, both current and outdated.

Anywho, I'm sort of like you in the sense that I just don't need a power charger for 5s +...I do want good control of my charging, discharging, be able to charge multiple packs, and not spend a fortune. I just got the Hitech X4...Just getting it set up as a matter of fact. It seemed to me to be the most bang for my buck and considering the types of batteries I'm charging. I'm planning on charging my 11.1v 2200mah @ .8C (aprox 1.8amps)...Will let you know how long they are taking. .8C should be plenty safe, and even 1C should be fine.
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old Jan 28, 2011, 05:36 PM
Joined Jan 2011
120 Posts
I'll be on then checking what your result will be. I was leaning toward the Hitec one cause seems like if anything were to go wrong with it, I don't have to send it to China and wait and eternity.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 04:34 PM
Fly Naked !
Waynesboro VA USA
Joined Dec 2010
1,171 Posts
Thanks for posting all these links in one spot and saving me a lot of time searching and potential castigation.
MARCOELDRAGON is offline Find More Posts by MARCOELDRAGON
Old Jan 29, 2011, 08:16 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40rty View Post
I'll be on then checking what your result will be. I was leaning toward the Hitec one cause seems like if anything were to go wrong with it, I don't have to send it to China and wait and eternity.
That's another big plus.

Taking about 30-40 minutes to balance charge the 2200 @1.8amps with a starting voltage of 11.8v
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old Jan 29, 2011, 09:10 PM
Joined Jan 2011
120 Posts
sweet!!!!
Old Feb 01, 2011, 07:38 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,203 Posts
I don't see how this list of threads is any help. Just a giant waste of time to people slogging thru it. What will actually happen is that the newb will take a look at the list, and start their own new thread.

If the forum is to truly act as a reviewer, then reviews need to be stickied, not a bunch of threads that are 60% opinion and 39% hot air.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Feb 01, 2011, 08:15 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
If the forum is to truly act as a reviewer, then reviews need to be stickied, not a bunch of threads that are 60% opinion and 39% hot air.
Seems like your post fits into both categories.
Ohmic is offline Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Feb 01, 2011, 11:45 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,203 Posts
It sure does. I rest my case.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:42 AM
Joined Jan 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post
40rty...It seems like the experts are worn out from answering battery/charger questions...Leaving us to weed through tons of info, both current and outdated.

Anywho, I'm sort of like you in the sense that I just don't need a power charger for 5s +...I do want good control of my charging, discharging, be able to charge multiple packs, and not spend a fortune. I just got the Hitech X4...Just getting it set up as a matter of fact. It seemed to me to be the most bang for my buck and considering the types of batteries I'm charging. I'm planning on charging my 11.1v 2200mah @ .8C (aprox 1.8amps)...Will let you know how long they are taking. .8C should be plenty safe, and even 1C should be fine.

Just ordered my Hitec Battery charger, WOOT!!!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 05:29 PM
If it's R/C, it's all good.
USA, WI, Wausau
Joined Jul 2005
1,048 Posts
So, after review the Imax B6 seems to be ok for the casual flyer like me. Currently using the E-Sky charger for the past few years and it seems fine, looking to go a bit more advanced and reduce charge times on the higher capacity packs and charge more than two 2S or one 3S at a time. Current lipo juicer: http://www.winning-models.com/images...EK2-0852-2.jpg

Who do we know sells the REAL Imax B6? I see lots of sales on Ebay, and the net. Who sells the real deal and how do you know?
hpiguy is offline Find More Posts by hpiguy