HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2011, 04:19 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ320 View Post
You will be limited to 270watts, only 30 watts off of max.

You would be able to charge 3S and below at 20 amps, 4S at 16 amps, 5S at 13 amps, and 6S at roughly 11 amps.
on the 106B+? It only allows you to select 10A max, the charger wont go any further than that.
desertstalker is offline Find More Posts by desertstalker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2011, 05:58 PM
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
208b : balance port cell high volt termination in lipo balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by costelior View Post
Hi,
I just got my 106B+ with high expectation. I have the following problem:

When charging in balance mode, all default, the charge ends with the message:
BALANCE PORT CELL HIGH VOL

the charger actually increase the charge current in the last part of the charging process.
Some thing happens with normal and fast charging

I search the net but found nothing, is this normal ?
I have the same issue with a 208b - firmware V3.14 - all default settings.
pascalfd is offline Find More Posts by pascalfd
Old Jan 08, 2011, 06:20 PM
Joined Dec 2010
28 Posts
Junsi 350w PS + iCharger 206b + Walkers 6s Serial Charge Lead?

I could use some help with my balance charging setup. I recently purchased a Junsi 350W PS, an iCharger 206b, and a 6S Serial Charge Lead for Walkera batteries. I was hoping to charge up to 6 600-650mAh 15-20C LiPos at the same time.

I read this charger/ps combo could charge up to 6 LiPos simultaneously for larger helis (like the Trex 450 which I'm planning on getting eventually) so I assumed it could charge smaller LiPos as well.

Did I assume wrong? Did I buy the wrong lead?

When I plug everything in including the charge lead, the charger blinks "Main Port?". If I hold down the start button, the charger blinks "low voltage".

I'm a complete newbie with this who balance charging thing, so please school me on how to get this right.
DeadPixel is offline Find More Posts by DeadPixel
Old Jan 08, 2011, 09:55 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
To charge a lipo you have to connect both the main power lead to the charger output port and the balance lead to the charger balance port.

To charge several lipos you must ensure they are all properly connected together and to the charger.

Be very careful when connecting packs for series charging that the series connections on the main leads match the series connections on the balance leads. Y0u might find these links helpful:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...es#post9760798
http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/lipo.html
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jan 08, 2011, 10:40 PM
Joined Dec 2010
28 Posts
Thank you!

What you said went completely over my head at first, but after looking at the lead again I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was missing the main power lead to the charger output port.

It's charging now.
DeadPixel is offline Find More Posts by DeadPixel
Old Jan 08, 2011, 11:58 PM
USA, OR, Stanfield
Joined Jan 2005
35 Posts
Computer won't recognize ICharger 106B+ ???

I'm sure it something I'm doing but I can't seem to get the computer to find or recognize the charger when I plug it into the USB cable.

Does the charger have to be tuned on and plugged into a 12v power supply?
Do you have to hold down some buttons or something while plugging it in?

I've had the charger for a year or so now and seem to have lost the disc that came with it.
I did download all the other software that I'm aware of but it still won't find the charger to update it.

I guess what I'm asking is take me through step by step what you do when you go to update the firmware in the 106B+ charger.

Thanks a bunch for any help or tips.
ChrisK7 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisK7
Old Jan 09, 2011, 01:20 AM
Rana
Gurgaon - India
Joined Jul 2009
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM732 View Post
You'd think they would use the same uC, but I've just discovered that pin 23 is connected to the "inc" push button which clearly rules out the AT89C51IC2 in the 208B. It turns out that pin 44 is VCC after all so I'm not sure what pin 1 is, but it was important enough for them to put in test points for it, so it must be the clock out.
After searching millions of Microcontrollers around the world by parametric search on their PLCC44 package and frequency 24MHz, I could find two candidates for your 208B, which might have been used and that is Winbond's 8051 based microcontroller W77LE516 or W77L516A.

See the attached datasheet;

Note: Since two of my critical problems of Expanded discharge through external resistor and 2S Lipo error could not be resolved by Junsi in this forum, so I won't be following this thread anymore, however I may be contacted through PM.
narpat007 is offline Find More Posts by narpat007
Last edited by narpat007; Jan 09, 2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old Jan 09, 2011, 04:58 AM
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Joined May 2009
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK7 View Post
I'm sure it something I'm doing but I can't seem to get the computer to find or recognize the charger when I plug it into the USB cable.

Does the charger have to be tuned on and plugged into a 12v power supply?
Do you have to hold down some buttons or something while plugging it in?

I've had the charger for a year or so now and seem to have lost the disc that came with it.
I did download all the other software that I'm aware of but it still won't find the charger to update it.

I guess what I'm asking is take me through step by step what you do when you go to update the firmware in the 106B+ charger.

Thanks a bunch for any help or tips.
Did you install the USB driver? I had the same problem with windows USB driver but when i replaced it with Junsi`s it worked.
You have to plug the charger into power source to update
mtc777 is offline Find More Posts by mtc777
Old Jan 09, 2011, 04:01 PM
SVK
Joined Jun 2003
14 Posts
connection break down

Hello all,
Is there a solution to rescue 106B+ charger if it displays Connection break down? It doesn't charge any battery. After battery checking it shows the message. Today I used lipo storage program, the charger was mostly discharging the packs. Then I switch the charger off. Later I turned it on again and tried to charge a pack and the charger displayed connection break down after battery checking.
I have followed the FAQ... , last FW(3.14), checked connection, checked PCB (nothing seems to be burned), tried different power supplies (incl battery), done Test (the charger recognized pack and cells, correct cells voltages and output voltage). But it doesn't measure bat. impedance, it shows 0 for every cells and pack. I tried program for motor control but unsucesfully.

I bought it from HC, it wasn't utilized fully (just half a year), I charged the packs max 2A.
Thanks for help,
michal
luckym is offline Find More Posts by luckym
Old Jan 10, 2011, 05:39 PM
Michigan
Joined Jan 2011
36 Posts
My first post here... be gentle!!

WOW!

For the past few weeks I have read, studied, and learned from all 612 pages of this thread... I am glad I did not give up! Through every click I have been drawn into the company due to a level of customer service that is rare, but Junsi is willing to provide. I have gone from curious to confused to knowing just enough information to be dangerous- lol. I have gone from liking to disliking to loving the iCharger line... all the while being astounded from the knowledge of a few long-term key posters.
These posters (you know who you are) deserve my gratitude -no- our gratitude. Thank you for making this a charger line that packs more features and key elements into a very affordable package! And thank you Junsi for listening!

I will be purchasing a 208B from either Progressive RC or EPBuddies in the future, knowing that I will be taken care of not only by spectacular state side customer service, but by the manufacturer themselves.

Thanks again!
~J

PS-
I hope to be an asset to this RC community as time goes on... I am surprised it has taken me this long to find such a large, friendly forum!
Jimmie Neutron is offline Find More Posts by Jimmie Neutron
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:15 AM
PA. US
Joined Oct 2009
56 Posts
First "Jimmie", welcome to the forums!
I must say that I agree with everything you said and would like to express my thanks as well.
I bought the 208B a little over a year ago and am nothing less than thrilled with it's performance. I'm sure that your experience will be the same.

Side
Sidewinder1 is offline Find More Posts by Sidewinder1
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:21 AM
Luleň, Sweden
Joined May 2004
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym View Post
Hello all,
Is there a solution to rescue 106B+ charger if it displays Connection break down? It doesn't charge any battery. After battery checking it shows the message. Today I used lipo storage program, the charger was mostly discharging the packs. Then I switch the charger off. Later I turned it on again and tried to charge a pack and the charger displayed connection break down after battery checking.
I have followed the FAQ... , last FW(3.14), checked connection, checked PCB (nothing seems to be burned), tried different power supplies (incl battery), done Test (the charger recognized pack and cells, correct cells voltages and output voltage). But it doesn't measure bat. impedance, it shows 0 for every cells and pack. I tried program for motor control but unsucesfully.

I bought it from HC, it wasn't utilized fully (just half a year), I charged the packs max 2A.
Thanks for help,
michal
Hi. Check the balance ports with an ohm meter. Pin 1 should be connected to Pin 1 etc on all connectors. I burned the little PCB cloce to the balance ports so I have to solder some jumpers made of 0.3 mm isolated copper wire from an old relay.

//kribe
kribe is offline Find More Posts by kribe
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:43 AM
SVK
Joined Jun 2003
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kribe View Post
Hi. Check the balance ports with an ohm meter. Pin 1 should be connected to Pin 1 etc on all connectors. I burned the little PCB cloce to the balance ports so I have to solder some jumpers made of 0.3 mm isolated copper wire from an old relay.

//kribe
Yes. This is OK
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym View Post
Yes. This is OK
Still getting the connection breakdown error?
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:21 AM
SVK
Joined Jun 2003
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
Still getting the connection breakdown error?
Yes...