Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 16, 2014, 08:25 PM
Joined Jul 2010
27 Posts
I have recently cut these frames out of 1.5mm carbon fiber and have 1.5mm G10 also available.

If you're interested please PM me..
fastpcuser is online now Find More Posts by fastpcuser
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:47 AM
Germany, RP, Nierstein
Joined Jun 2011
159 Posts
Hi FP,
that's a great offer to those not finding a CNC Service. Thanks mate. Can you post where you are from ?

Thanks
Peter
PS: Your parst are locking great!
Bastelpeter is online now Find More Posts by Bastelpeter
Old Jun 17, 2014, 08:04 AM
Joined Jul 2010
27 Posts
I'm Located in Sarasota, FL, USA
fastpcuser is online now Find More Posts by fastpcuser
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:39 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
285 Posts
Just wanted to comment - I found fastpcuser on one of the multirotor forums after I destroyed the bottom steering head plate on my chassis. I ran into a board at full speed and I'm guessing Peter designed this as a weak point - because all my other bits (fork, and 3d printed bits) were unharmed. Hoping to get some parts semi-local, I asked fastpcuser for a quote on some extra steering plates. I highly recommended getting extras if you are accident prone like me. He quoted some reasonable prices so I decided to order a couple of extra chassis sets as spares. I was pleased with the price, quality, and turnaround time for the parts.

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to both Bastelpeter and Fastpcuser. The chassis performs wonderfully and I'm happy to find a relatively close supplier to help me keep it on the track.

-rskip
rskip is online now Find More Posts by rskip
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Are you interested in a smaller price for the 3d models for those of us that are lucky enough to have access to a 3d printer?
utahwestie is offline Find More Posts by utahwestie
Old Aug 12, 2014, 05:07 PM
Joined Mar 2014
5 Posts
First driving

Hello,

today i run the BP. Her first time. With the printet Rims and Venom V1 tires. The rider was missing. No place for him, the receiver is in the way.
The bike drive good. Only on the sliders, the front is bouncing. Next time i put some weight on the front. The balance is about 260g/288g.
I made a simple video. The track changed since the last time. Its no big thing, it should be easyer now. Fastest time was 15,19. I managed to get 5*15,xxs rounds in a row. But its hard. She needs some more testing and setup days. Its now like pushing forward all the time. Other ways she did not come up early enough. And the driving time is over 30 mins @ 1000mAh :-)

Video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23...testfahrt_auto
Stitch. is offline Find More Posts by Stitch.
Last edited by Stitch.; Aug 12, 2014 at 05:15 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 02:04 PM
Germany, RP, Nierstein
Joined Jun 2011
159 Posts
HI Stitch
good driving. Maybe you try to shorten the bars a little not to touch while driving.

I did a version of printed wheels too. They are currently being produced. I did the rear wheel together with the hub and the belt pulley. All in one Piece. The only thing to do is gluing a rubber and insert the bearings. Curious to see if this works fine.

CU
Peter
Old Aug 15, 2014, 03:42 PM
Joined Mar 2014
5 Posts
Hi Peter,

i will try it this WE. Thanks.
Is your rim for Venom or Oto tires? Because i do a short run on tarmac and the rubber get scratches and slight cuts. Think the Venom tire is too thin to work properly. On carpet its fine.
The next rims will be for foam tires
Stitch. is offline Find More Posts by Stitch.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:25 AM
Germany, RP, Nierstein
Joined Jun 2011
159 Posts
The rims are dimension wise like the ZH rims. This is currently a test. I will glue the front with the hard insert and the rear with the Massari instert. It is for my brothers birthday. He starts biking with 60....
Is the test is successful I will open the files for everybody. The front wheel is designed to carry a brake disk if wanted. Curious to see if Shapeways can do them in a way, that they don't wobble.
CU
Peter
Old Yesterday, 12:29 AM
Germany, RP, Nierstein
Joined Jun 2011
159 Posts
Yesterday I got the parcel from Shapeways. As expected the wheel is not as precise as you would machine it, however it is still acceptable. The nice thing is that the belt pulley is attached, so nothing more to do than gluing the tire and pressing in the bearings. By the way, the swing arm is for a t2,5-230 belt. The small pulley is also done in SLS ( Shapeways). It looks ok and I am almost sure that the pulley will survive the load of the small power.

If there is interest I can post the dxf and public the wheels. Let me know.

Cheers
Peter
Last edited by Bastelpeter; Yesterday at 12:52 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:27 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
647 Posts
Okay, looks good!
But we need Details!
- Do you still need Inserts?
- How is the front Pulley fixed? Just a grub screw?
- What do they cost? More than a set of ZH rims, I guess?

Can't wait for Aigen - That will be an awesome race, with 6 1/8 Scale Bikes on the Track.

BTW: Your fork legs are facing the wrong direction
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM
Germany, RP, Nierstein
Joined Jun 2011
159 Posts
Hey GZ,
the current design is with separate inserts, but I can easily modify. I know the comparison is not really fair but if you count everything together you would end up with 120€ for the ZH parts ( rims, hub, insert, pulleys and belt).
For sure my design will be much lower. Guessing like 50 to 60€ plus a 5€ belt.

The front pulley is prepared to be screwed with a grub screw like on the Xray M18 motor sprocket but with a longer thread. Actually it comes from Shapeways with a press fit so that I have not used the screw yet.

Ohhh yes Aigen will be big fun. Hope the weather will support us. I need to prepare my beauty. Have not touched it since Rosenheim....