Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 01, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Oct 2011
25 Posts
Discussion
NiCd and Supermate DC6 help

Hello again, I have a few questions.

I have a hangar 9 P-51 that I just set up and I bought a 6V JR Extra 1400 mAh 5 cell NiCd flight battery for the reciever. Is there a formula used for safe charging amps for Nicad batteries? does the 1.4 amp of charging for a 1500 mah battery rule also apply to these batteries?

Also I would assume that the battery is not going to be drained after a couple flights, how do you know what level your battery is at after flying?

I have the Supermate DC6 bat charger my brother bought for me from Hobby King, I figured out how to set it to auto. Can I just throw this battery on that charger at the end of the day and just set it to auto? Will it detect how much current mAh there are and charge back up to peak automatically? Sorry for these simple questions but the cheap chinese owners manual is proving to be little help.

Thanks
thanson is offline Find More Posts by thanson
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:02 PM
Joined Oct 2011
25 Posts
anyone?
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:25 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,548 Posts
1500mah
Slow Charge 0.2A = 9-11 hrs charge time
One hour Charge 1.5A
Quick Charge 3A

The slower/lower you charge the better. As for how long that pack will last you in terms of how many flight. Only testing will determine this for you.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Oct 2011
25 Posts
thanks, how low do you suppose that battery can get and still be safe to fly with? I have a hyperion EOS pack sentry that shows current voltage and percentage of life left.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Oct 2011
25 Posts
And should I discharge it after every use? what voltage should they be stored at? If Im just going to use it again immediatley do I have to discharge or can I just go straight to charging?