HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:08 AM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(
Sparken57's Avatar
USA, CA, Downey
Joined Jan 2010
433 Posts
Hay has anyone tryed the FC on great flight Sim?Im pretty new to the Sim and the FC is a hoot to fly very responsive controls easy compared to several other planes.The FC seams to have plenty of power on the Sim.I think its my Fav plane on great flight.
Sparken57 is offline Find More Posts by Sparken57
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:11 PM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Harrington Park
Joined Apr 2008
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckolit View Post
mckolit,
Many thanks.

Tony
aerotony is offline Find More Posts by aerotony
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:34 PM
Registered User
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc View Post
If you are stressing the FC to the point where you need to worry about wing struts and/or are trying to learn 3D, I would suggest picking up a Multiplex Parkmaster or Acromaster.
The FC seems to designed just fine to what it was intended to do.

Just my 2 cents ... And yes, you have change coming.
Agreed. I have both the Funcub and the Parkmaster. I am very new to 3D, but I had one of the guys at the field who flys quite a bit of 3D fly the Parkmaster and he said it handles very much like his Precision Acrobatics Addiction. Obviously it's lighter but he said it still felt a lot like the Addiction. Even I can hang it on the prop pretty easily. A lot more easily than the Funcub. It can do edge flight FAR more easily than the Funcub and it doesn't much matter which side is up. It flies the same either way. But it is not as much FUN as the Funcub!

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:38 PM
Registered User
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparken57 View Post
Hay has anyone tryed the FC on great flight Sim?Im pretty new to the Sim and the FC is a hoot to fly very responsive controls easy compared to several other planes.The FC seams to have plenty of power on the Sim.I think its my Fav plane on great flight.
What is great flight sim? I have not heard of that one.

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:45 PM
Registered User
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
Well, the 'Got Rocks' FunCub maidened today! Talk about relief! She flew well despite being a 'bit' heavier. No problems other than catching a gust on the first landing. I was worried about the gear being a bit 'soft' so I added a couple o-rings last night, turned out to be a little too stiff, and she tended to bounce on landing but I think we've got them dialed in now! Time to get started on the struts and a few other details and then ~ Fly Robin Fly! ~

http://youtu.be/kVo5g9HoDHI

There are some more photo's from today on my blog. ~ Robin
That is a beautiful Funcub. Looks even better in the air than on the ground! Congrats!

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:55 PM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(
Sparken57's Avatar
USA, CA, Downey
Joined Jan 2010
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks View Post
What is great flight sim? I have not heard of that one.

Gord
oops my bad its REAL FLIGHT 5.5
Sparken57 is offline Find More Posts by Sparken57
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:09 AM
Registered User
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparken57 View Post
oops my bad its REAL FLIGHT 5.5
Can you give a source for that FunCub? I have not seen a completed FunCub for Real Flight.

I have an early test version that Junkboy999 was working on and it flies almost exactly like my real Funcub. Even has flaps, but it is all an aqua color. The texturing was never finished and Junkboy doesn't seem to respond anymore. It is a shame because it is very, very good in it's flight characteristics..

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26972

Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:11 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2011
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3171scott View Post
Thanks for the info... My LHS just got in a couple of CNC cut motor mounts for the FC.
That won't help :P I had one from the get-go. I never used the plastic mount on it. It was the plastic brackets (1 on each side) that let go. It broke right off 1/2inch from the front. Look at my posts in this thread and you will see the pictures.
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:11 AM
Registered User
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2009
1,287 Posts
I appreciate the warning on those wing strusts. They did look flimsy, but for 2 bucks what can I expect I guess. Ill fly the funcab as intended before I start making mods that I think are necessary.

~Troy
yellowcolorado is offline Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:16 AM
GLM
AMA 209854
GLM's Avatar
Check Six!
Joined Oct 2003
1,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
Well, the 'Got Rocks' FunCub maidened today! Talk about relief! She flew well despite being a 'bit' heavier. No problems other than catching a gust on the first landing. I was worried about the gear being a bit 'soft' so I added a couple o-rings last night, turned out to be a little too stiff, and she tended to bounce on landing but I think we've got them dialed in now! Time to get started on the struts and a few other details and then ~ Fly Robin Fly! ~

http://youtu.be/kVo5g9HoDHI

There are some more photo's from today on my blog. ~ Robin
Congrats Robin

Looked like fun and great in the air too!

Cheers!

Gary
GLM is offline Find More Posts by GLM
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:16 AM
Registered User
Slope P's Avatar
Santa Fe NM
Joined Jul 2009
1,015 Posts
So what is the report on those cublandinggear.com gears?

Remember someone is trying H-9 Super Cub gears and if there is any more report on those?

LP
Slope P is online now Find More Posts by Slope P
Last edited by Slope P; Sep 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:30 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bluhammer's Avatar
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,919 Posts
Way to go Robin! What a beauty you created. Flies great brother, thanks for the video.

Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:48 PM
Registered User
mckolit's Avatar
Southern California
Joined Apr 2007
818 Posts
Trimming out plane

When you guys trim out a plane how do you determine if you need to change rudder or aileron input since the rudder has so much authority on this plane?
mckolit is offline Find More Posts by mckolit
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:52 PM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(
Sparken57's Avatar
USA, CA, Downey
Joined Jan 2010
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks View Post
Can you give a source for that FunCub? I have not seen a completed FunCub for Real Flight.

I have an early test version that Junkboy999 was working on and it flies almost exactly like my real Funcub. Even has flaps, but it is all an aqua color. The texturing was never finished and Junkboy doesn't seem to respond anymore. It is a shame because it is very, very good in it's flight characteristics..

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26972

Gord
Hi Gord im embarrassed you are right I found no Fun Cub in all my downloaded planes from knife edge I must have been flying the piper cub i dont know why I thought it was the fun cub.I also have phoenix sim i have been using.sorry for the error.
Sparken57 is offline Find More Posts by Sparken57
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2011
681 Posts
Great video Robin. The best looking/executed FC on this site, probably in the world! Congrats on the maiden!
beamen is offline Find More Posts by beamen
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Fun Cub sinowace Hitec/Multiplex USA 14 Oct 09, 2011 04:43 PM
Discussion Multiplex Fun Jet at the lake bah7566 FPV Talk 31 Jan 03, 2010 09:19 AM
For Sale Multiplex Fun Jet -- PRICE DROP Toby W Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Dec 28, 2009 09:51 AM
Video Multiplex Fun Jet FPV set up test bah7566 Electric Plane Talk 0 Dec 25, 2009 10:05 PM
Wanted multiplex fun-jet or trade! heli123 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2009 11:02 AM