HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Hey Plow, have you tried the tapatalk app? Costs $.99 and you can link it to RCG and FG so you can post pics directly from your iPhone.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Did you use the ruler to determine the search area for the dolly??!! Lol. Waldo, why didn't you just release in the first go around and land her on the dolly? Of course who knows if she would even fly with the dolly on? Would it?
Actually Plow I used the GPS feature on google maps I just find my location then I can walk through the cornfield and know exactly where I am when in the big maze we thought of that but being it was the first attempt I didn't want to release until we had a little fun lol I thought I'd give it some jiggles when we got near us but we never got near us again lol and it might have flown with the wheels on there as it was pretty well caught in the CG area

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Looks like a blast Waldo... doesn't look to me like you really need that dolly anyway
No we didn't but the last time out the plane wouldn't even get the glider started but the grasss was higher back then and the Kadet had a very tired 40 on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Waldo it takes 3 to 4 months to break or change a habit. O wicked wicked snowy and his damn prime rib.
Now I just gotta play nancy and just say no.
LOL I know I do great for about 3 weeks to a month and then I say it lol I hope I don't go down that road this time, And How can you argue with great prime rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Don't laugh at my paint job
Snowman That Paint job is superb I love those schemes you do, Was it you who had a 4Star or tiger with a scheme like that ? I loved that one too.
And great Video of the Leccy I was expecting you to throw the camera on a stand and break into Dualing banjos on that beautiful looking piano too

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I am towing from the top instead of the bottom. The plane has no wheels. I am also towing from the nose of the plane.
I have a Saito 100 on the way. I can't do anymore work on the new firewall until it comes in.
Yes I actually sent my cuz a pic of your setup but he thought he didn't want to risk pulling the wing bolts out if the glider got violent LOL so he made that bottom release, I am also being towed from just about 2 inches from the nose on the bottom instead of the CG area I really couldn't believe how nice it flew and was waiting every second for the great big rolling spins but as soon as we got up a little I had my cuz slow that Kadet right down to barely any throttle, in the 2nd flight he went into a dive at one point and was a little more on his throttle and it threw the glider around violently for a second or 2 and I told him I was releasing and did immediately. The Tow plane should be able to pull the glider with no wheel at all anyway in about 5-6 feet the glider is usually fast enough to pull up and be hovering over the grass with ease.

FLAP QUestion My Cuz's Kadet has flaperons well before the tow we went to see how slow we could fly the Kadet with the flaperons on well it sent the plane into a dive never saw that before usually it sends the nose upwards and you need down elevator to compensate. Any thoughts ? too nose heavy?
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:22 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
Snowy I was talking about Nancy Regan Just say no.
Alan now just how did you change that post? It now says push.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:04 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Boy Wayne you got alot on your plate. Have you checked out the solar D772's servos?
I don't experiment much with servos. I have ones that I know work and just stick with those. I just checked those at hobbypartz and those have very high torque ratings and on sale for under $20. I just don't have any idea about reliability. I don't know what I would use them on. My release servos are mini-servos right now. I hope I don't need to go to standard size since there is not a lot of room in the nose.

Waldo - I am wondering about the tow point on the kadet. Is it forward of the CG? Perhaps lowering the flaps with the additional load at the tow point is causing the nose to drop. Just an idea.

My tow point is a bit behind my CG.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:16 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I found this thread on the Solar servos:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1704763
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:22 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,100 Posts
Whew! Tiger meets the moth! (It looks better in person.....really.... )

Waldo......that was a Funtana 40 and I still have it...
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Last edited by snowman; Aug 27, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,100 Posts
Quote:
Snowy I was talking about Nancy Regan Just say no.
Sure you were Kerwin.....sure you were.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:29 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
Wayne I've been using the solar d770's low profiles on my Green machine since spring. They seem to work really well.

Flight report. It was a wonderful cool evening. Mid 70's and calm winds. I took my little MX WM parkflyer out behind my apt.
Now I don't understand this but the more I crash this little plane the better it flys. Tonight I had to retrim it on the 1st flight after re glueing my hinges. I flew in a pattern for about a minute then I decided to pull a plowboy/snowman. I brought her in low and slow. Then went into a hover. Thats when I pulled a Kerwin. The plane rotated belly to me. I got corn fused and bang right square on the nose.
I went over to her picker her up. inspected her, throttle up. Thats when I noticed somthing was bent. O well. I gave her a pitch an off she went again. This time I took her alittl higher. and after going into a hover I started playing with tail slides. O what joy.
I also worked on my knife edges, BUT she does now pull to the canopy. Talk about a tight KE circle. I thought about mixing to correct this but the foam an grass was mix enough.
I burnt 3 batteries through her and by then dark was setting in. all in all it was a good evening
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:31 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Whew! Tiger meets the moth! (It looks better in person.....really.... )
Looks very nice to me.

This is going on my watch list.

Joe Smith Flies the 3DHS Bigfoot at FLI (2 min 15 sec)
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,100 Posts
Thanks Wayne!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:34 PM
United States, MI, Clio
Joined Mar 2004
25 Posts
Just picked up a used 40 size twist with a .46 motor. Ready to run for $150. Any sugestions before I take it to the air. I have flow a typhoon 2 for several years and decided to go nitro.
irelandchad is offline Find More Posts by irelandchad
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,100 Posts
Enjoy the flight.......the T_ _ _t is a blast! If this is your first time with nitro..........enjoy the smell and the sound.........like perfume and music to my nose and ears! Don't run her lean.......take her up high......and run her through her paces! Good luck!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:55 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Looks very nice to me.

This is going on my watch list.
I have seen both the gasser and electric version in person, very cool plane. They have increased the wing span since that video was shot in Cape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irelandchad View Post
Just picked up a used 40 size twist with a .46 motor. Ready to run for $150. Any sugestions before I take it to the air. I have flow a typhoon 2 for several years and decided to go nitro.
I had a Frankenphoon 2 and then a twist 40 <mine was electric> so I know where you are going. Enjoy.... it is more breakable then the Typhoon so be nice on the landings.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:07 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irelandchad View Post
Hi there. Sounds like a good buy. What color is it? There is a white PNP, yellow, and cream color variety. The cream one is the V2.

Most of the 40 size planes here are flown with 60 size engines.

Try a 12.25 x 3.75 APC prop. The 46 engines love them.

We have a tips thread so you don't have to dig through so much stuff. You should consider going through it as it points out the weak spots that might need some work. Make sure you check your CG. It needs to be on the nose heavy side of the limits to start with.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1032106

We like pictures and videos.

Good luck,
Wayne
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:52 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Wayne!
How come you don't do a tutorial to show us how to do that?