Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:44 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Dec 2013
493 Posts
Curious, did anyone require a fair amount of trim? I have a decent amount of offset on my ailerons to fly level. Also should my elevator have a fair amount of down as well? I started with ailerons even wing and elevator even with stab.
Bhodi11 is offline Find More Posts by Bhodi11
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:58 PM
wrecklessly misspeling stuff..
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11 View Post
Curious, did anyone require a fair amount of trim? I have a decent amount of offset on my ailerons to fly level. Also should my elevator have a fair amount of down as well? I started with ailerons even wing and elevator even with stab.
No. barely any trim. double check your CG. Are you using new aileron servos/servo arms ect.
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:08 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Dec 2013
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck View Post
No. barely any trim. double check your CG. Are you using new aileron servos/servo arms ect.
all new stuff. just noticed there is some tweak between my two elevator halves, there is some off set. maybe that is the culprit?
Bhodi11 is offline Find More Posts by Bhodi11
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:54 PM
Registered Plane Abuser
Illinois
Joined Jul 2005
216 Posts
Finally finished mine. Haven't flown it yet. Checked the CG and got it balance at about 110mm which I guess is good for the first few flights but I had to move the battery all the way back up against my receiver to get 110. My receiver is at the very back of the battery tray up against the tube. I'm using what are pretty standard parts. Motrofly 4315, 714KV with light motor mount, half inch stand offs, 4000mah Glacier packs, Talon 90. Talon is mounted under the motor box. If I want to move the battery back more I guess I'll move the receiver back behind the tube somehow. Any one else have a similar experience?
DonJuan is offline Find More Posts by DonJuan
Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
Finally finished mine. Haven't flown it yet. Checked the CG and got it balance at about 110mm which I guess is good for the first few flights but I had to move the battery all the way back up against my receiver to get 110. My receiver is at the very back of the battery tray up against the tube. I'm using what are pretty standard parts. Motrofly 4315, 714KV with light motor mount, half inch stand offs, 4000mah Glacier packs, Talon 90. Talon is mounted under the motor box. If I want to move the battery back more I guess I'll move the receiver back behind the tube somehow. Any one else have a similar experience?
For some reason I thought the battery on this plane would be under the cowl when I was building it. I was very surprised when my 6S 2700 wound up sitting an inch from the back of the tray. I did not have room to mount my Cortex, I had to fabricate a tray that sits up and rearward of the battery tray.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM
United States, VA, Hopewell
Joined Apr 2012
9 Posts
I am using the torque 4016/500 w/airboss 80amp esc, 6s 3200 30c bat and 16x7 xoar prop. plane is awesome with this set up. more power than it needs. Question; when I run full throttle it makes this loud noise sounds almost like a nitro. what causes that? I am not experienced with this size electric, is this normal?
bailbonds is offline Find More Posts by bailbonds
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,783 Posts
Usually means prop is out of balance or maybe motor shaft or prop adapter bent...

Mine will do it with an APC prop but only when high RPMs and hard gyroscopic forces like KE spins.. I think it's from the prop tips flapping and twisting.
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailbonds View Post
I am using the torque 4016/500 w/airboss 80amp esc, 6s 3200 30c bat and 16x7 xoar prop. plane is awesome with this set up. more power than it needs. Question; when I run full throttle it makes this loud noise sounds almost like a nitro. what causes that? I am not experienced with this size electric, is this normal?
Prop cavitation? I'd check the balance though.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,556 Posts
I ran 6s 2600-3300s and it handled them all fine... I actually liked the heavier batts for high energy stuff.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Today, 06:58 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,187 Posts
Don Juan I'm running the same setup. I put a small tray between the battery tray and the rudder servo tray. That's for the receiver. My 4000 sits about an inch from the wing tube.
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne