HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2006, 07:53 PM
Redneck Gamer
New Jersey, USA
Joined Feb 2006
79 Posts
Discussion
Would the camera Lvspark is offering me be compatible with this transmitter?

Lvspark was kind enough to offer me a video camera similar to this one to use for my senior project.

http://www.mavin.com/index.php?crn=2...on=show_detail

Would this be compatible to a transmitter I found on the Black Widow AV website?

http://www.blackwidowav.com/bwav2450casedtx.html

I'm somewhat skeptical of using these two systems together if it isn't a straightforward operation, as I want to be able to send the camera back to Lvspark once I'm done with the project if he wants it back.
Pickerel is offline Find More Posts by Pickerel
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2006, 08:40 PM
Your attitude is your alt
Nashville Metro, Tennesse, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,644 Posts
Yes it should work just fine however you would need to make up some patch cords to connect the camera to the transmitter. You would also need a 12 volt battery to power the camera. You might be able to make up some simple patch cords using the RCA Jacks that the camera uses, i.e., like you see on the back of audio and video products. Radio shack sells the RCA jacks for a few dollars. Hope this helps!

Gary
Gary Morris is offline Find More Posts by Gary Morris
Old Feb 22, 2006, 09:06 PM
Redneck Gamer
New Jersey, USA
Joined Feb 2006
79 Posts
Ah, I know Radio Shack too well. Myself and a friend were there for far over an hour trying to track down all the components to make guitar pedals. We couldn't find all the right ones for the one we wanted to build, but my friend had printed a stack of about twenty different schematics, so we went through them and eventually printed out yet another schematic on their printer... the guy felt bad that we were in there so long! Thanks for your response!
Pickerel is offline Find More Posts by Pickerel
Old Feb 22, 2006, 09:34 PM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
Actually I have a camera just like the one lvsparks is going to loan you, and it came with a set of cables already made up. There is a plug on one end that mates up with the camera, and three plugs on the other end (power, audio, and video). For the power plug you will need to come up with a 12v supply (3s lipo will work) and a connector that matches the supplied cable end. The video RCA cable should work as-is. The audio cable may need a femal-to-male converter from Radio Shack, then it should plug into the tx ok. In any case, I think all you will need is some gender converter plugs....no major over-haul.
ob1 is offline Find More Posts by ob1
Old Feb 23, 2006, 01:36 AM
Joined Mar 2005
165 Posts
Hey OB1,
How do you like the quality of video out of that camera? I'm buying one and want to see how that compares with the video system that EVERYONE tries to talk you into.......black widow.
Electric Junkie is offline Find More Posts by Electric Junkie