HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:48 PM
Joined Aug 2010
343 Posts
Crap. GP use to sell wing kits. Maybe they still do as the kits still in production. Anyway, hope everything works out.
tenspeed is offline Find More Posts by tenspeed
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:22 PM
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
Unfortunately, the only parts listed for this kit is the cowl. Both the wing set, and canope are shown as discontinued.. Fortunatley, I have a plan on how to repair . I should mention that the most devastating part of the wing break is that the 3 piece laminated brace that sets up the gull wing is the part that broke. Being 3 pieces of ply I would have thought would be the last part to break. Oh well!!
arniebud is offline Find More Posts by arniebud
Old Mar 12, 2013, 05:42 PM
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
I finished the rebuilt wing some time ago, and have been waiting for some sort of reasonable weather to re-maiden. What with the constant early morning fog, rain and wind, it has v-been a long wait. Finally, last saturday was the day.
The wait turned out to be worth while. After the required ground handling checks, I held my breath and headed down the runway. Take off was very brisk, after a short run and it literley jumped into the air. Handling in the air was somewhat jumpy, but that was probably from my nervous fingers. Made several circuits to check trims and headed in for the first landing. Much to my satisfaction, that turned out just fine. I have a winner.
arniebud is offline Find More Posts by arniebud
Old Mar 18, 2013, 04:55 PM
Joined Aug 2010
343 Posts
Awesome. I have all the parts to convert mine (no battery yet) just have a few projects I need to finish till I can get to it. It should be ready to fly late spring early summer.

Anyway, congrats on the flight.
tenspeed is offline Find More Posts by tenspeed