HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:13 AM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
It looks like it flies like a F16 though? : ( Cubic wing loading? I can only assume that's why Copy King always slows their videos way way down. It sure makes them look nice in the video though.
sj3cub is online now Find More Posts by sj3cub
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:36 PM
Plane Nuts
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Oct 2009
408 Posts
The full size had almost the wing loading of the GeeBee R series. This is not a piper cub or even a regular monocoupe. This is a model of a very high performance golden age racer. Expect it to fly as such. Including some throttle rudder coupling and torque coupling shown on the takeoff. I do however wish HK would not slow their videos down. Gives a false sense of how they fly.
RobMason is online now Find More Posts by RobMason
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:41 PM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,426 Posts
We shall see how she flies soon as mine is on it's way and should be here next week. I will post a flight report

Shaun.
Banjofrog is online now Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:31 PM
Huge member!
Pawtucket R.I.
Joined May 2008
479 Posts
Looking forward to it! Brutus
BRUTUS2238 is offline Find More Posts by BRUTUS2238
Last edited by BRUTUS2238; Sep 14, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:08 PM
United States, MO, St Joseph
Joined Jun 2012
96 Posts
Yes i too look forward to a flight test from a new owner
I do love how this model looks and the detail they have on it
but i dont think its a accurate true scale model of a clipwing monocoupe 110 special
and i think that might be a good thing
if you look at the photos the model is closer to the monocoupe 90a than the clipwing Little Butch
With the rudder bigger and the wing longer on the model we as RC pilots will be much better off
I do wish they would have shown it landing a couple of times
Cheers
Parkguy
Parkguy is offline Find More Posts by Parkguy
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:15 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Joined Sep 2011
1,426 Posts
Durafly "Little Butch" Unboxing

Today I received my "Little Butch" .........
The Durafly was well packed in foam packaging with a cardboard lid. which is the same way the Warbird Durafly's are packed. My box had a hole punched through one of the bottom corners I cut the usual packing tape along the lid seams and lifted the lid, expecting that what ever went through the box also went into Little Butches fuse .........but no it was were the wing is packed and only just grazed it and left a hardly noticeable dent

I started unpacking the few pieces as there are not many in this plane and "oh boy" the quality is fantastic, I had the same reaction when I opened my first ever Durafly Corsair " WOW she is gorgeous ", the only thing I can pick on at this stage is that the wire for the landing gear is visible through the plastic leg.

Anyway I have included some photo's and I hope to maiden "Little Butch" this weekend , when I saw the photo of the lid on facebook I thought it was a Decathlon but I was wrong it was this Monocoupe. Scott you and your team have produced another plane worthy of the Durafly name and I know you don't like to mention the factory who made it, but I am glad it came from there as the quality is 9 out of 10, you loose a point because of the wire showing through the plastic leg.

Name: Box.jpg
Views: 257
Size: 227.3 KB
Description: Name: Damaged Box.jpg
Views: 293
Size: 208.6 KB
Description: The sight nobody wants to seeName: The Lid.jpg
Views: 309
Size: 213.9 KB
Description: Name: Packing.jpg
Views: 302
Size: 227.2 KB
Description: Nice and secureName: All Componants.jpg
Views: 373
Size: 192.3 KB
Description: Name: Booklet.jpg
Views: 303
Size: 200.8 KB
Description: Name: Little Butch Fuse.jpg
Views: 367
Size: 252.2 KB
Description: Name: Motor and Cowl.jpg
Views: 365
Size: 225.6 KB
Description: Name: Battery Hatch.jpg
Views: 388
Size: 257.6 KB
Description: Name: Compartments.jpg
Views: 377
Size: 244.4 KB
Description: Name: Landing Gear.jpg
Views: 404
Size: 275.1 KB
Description: The only minor fault that I could see

Durafly the Number 1 in 1100mm RC Aircraft
Oh Scott or Stuart any plans for another Biplane.

Shaun.
Last edited by Banjofrog; Sep 19, 2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Leighton Buzzard
Joined Apr 2012
296 Posts
Oh man your so lucky, mines been sitting in shanghai for about a week now!.bloody ems postage!
Markbinim is offline Find More Posts by Markbinim
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:55 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Joined Sep 2011
1,426 Posts
Mine was showing as sitting in China and then it rolled up today, so the tracking did not track to well.

Shaun.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:27 AM
United Kingdom, England, Leighton Buzzard
Joined Apr 2012
296 Posts
I might get lucky then.
Markbinim is offline Find More Posts by Markbinim
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:07 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,764 Posts
Hey Shaun, glad to see the first coming through, and all in one piece and that you like it. I've still got my set-up on my Tx here if you need it, I had my Monocoupe flying very well with these settings. This bird tends to like more rudder in the turn and needs very little aileron movement anyway.

But let me know, I'll be happy to post those Tx settings.

S.
stuart warne is offline Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Savex Spitfire Progress
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:07 PM
Getting good at foam repair
Australia, QLD, Surfers Paradise
Joined Aug 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne View Post
Hey Shaun, glad to see the first coming through, and all in one piece and that you like it. I've still got my set-up on my Tx here if you need it, I had my Monocoupe flying very well with these settings. This bird tends to like more rudder in the turn and needs very little aileron movement anyway.

But let me know, I'll be happy to post those Tx settings.

S.
Hey Stuart!

It would be a huge help to know how much rudder you mixed with aileron for scale flight, plus throws and expo?

My monocoupe's in Brisbane should be delivered today and the wife has given me a leave pass to put together and maiden tomorrow

Ta!
GTrain is offline Find More Posts by GTrain
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:42 PM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Joined Sep 2011
1,426 Posts
Hey Stuart, thanks for jumping in here, I would post your settings as it may help as something to work to. I generally start with 100% throws and 35% expo and work from there, I think I will add some rudder mix as I have with my SE5a.

Thanks

Shaun.

Build notes: Trim or make the holes bigger in the cockpit plastic for the wing screws, so they find where they need to go easier, also with the tail wheel assy ream the plastic support (rear of fuse) a smidgen as it will make it easier to install the rudder and reduce binding, with the tail wheel holding collar tighten and loosen before install just to make sure it will do up with out too much effort. These are very very minor and easy to do. I will add more if I find any but it is a dead simple build.
Last edited by Banjofrog; Sep 19, 2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Adding
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:40 PM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,764 Posts
Ok guy's I will do tonight when I get back home to my Tx, Shaun thanks for the pointers.

S.
stuart warne is offline Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Savex Spitfire Progress
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:12 AM
H-King, DuraFly, Turnigy
Joined Mar 2008
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjofrog View Post
Today I received my "Little Butch" .........
The Durafly was well packed in foam packaging with a cardboard lid. which is the same way the Warbird Durafly's are packed. My box had a hole punched through one of the bottom corners I cut the usual packing tape along the lid seams and lifted the lid, expecting that what ever went through the box also went into Little Butches fuse .........but no it was were the wing is packed and only just grazed it and left a hardly noticeable dent

I started unpacking the few pieces as there are not many in this plane and "oh boy" the quality is fantastic, I had the same reaction when I opened my first ever Durafly Corsair " WOW she is gorgeous ", the only thing I can pick on at this stage is that the wire for the landing gear is visible through the plastic leg.

Anyway I have included some photo's and I hope to maiden "Little Butch" this weekend , when I saw the photo of the lid on facebook I thought it was a Decathlon but I was wrong it was this Monocoupe. Scott you and your team have produced another plane worthy of the Durafly name and I know you don't like to mention the factory who made it, but I am glad it came from there as the quality is 9 out of 10, you loose a point because of the wire showing through the plastic leg.

Attachment 5167582Attachment 5167584Attachment 5167594Attachment 5167591Attachment 5167579Attachment 5167581Attachment 5167589Attachment 5167590Attachment 5167580Attachment 5167583Attachment 5167585

Durafly the Number 1 in 1100mm RC Aircraft
Oh Scott or Stuart any plans for another Biplane.

Shaun.
Hi Shaun,

Please contact our Customer Service staff and we will replace those gear legs for you, it should not be like that.

-This plane is a blast if your looking for something a little bit quicker then a typical J-3/Decathlon, etc. I hope you enjoy.
will3d4food is offline Find More Posts by will3d4food
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:55 AM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
What a shame that the kits are not even double boxed. I know it's just a little foamie, but wow. Just turn the box top inside out and throw some labels on it and let it rip?
sj3cub is online now Find More Posts by sj3cub