HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2007, 01:46 PM
Phoenix
Joined Aug 2006
175 Posts
Discussion
Flying Wings on Sunday

Does anyone know the details on those flying wings? What were their MPH's? I'm wondering what elec. they were running to get that speed and unlimited vert.

Thanks
sloonz is offline Find More Posts by sloonz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2007, 02:17 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,252 Posts
They were Chris Klick's from Rightwing He was using Mega 16/25/3 and 5s 4200 Tanic packs with 6x4 props. The twin motored plane was approaching 200mph! The others were in the 160 range.
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:58 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,206 Posts
6s Tanics.
I flew one of them on 4s at over 120. Thank goodness the design is so stable you don't feel like you're going that fast. Just eats up plenty of sky in a hurry. AZ is the perfect place for that kind of speed and a lot of people took advantage of it.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jan 30, 2007, 08:37 PM
Queen Creek, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
8 Posts
Anyone know the name of rc motor company the guy Scott who was part of that group that had the Gryphon wing is called? He had a pretty cool designed motor! Sadly I even spoke with him and got the name but, not bright enough to write it down when had the chance at Sundays event.

Woody
Woody3 is offline Find More Posts by Woody3
Old Jan 30, 2007, 09:09 PM
Pushing the Limits of FFF
United States, CA, Sierra Madre
Joined Jun 2005
1,166 Posts
I think that you are talking bout Scott, the creator of Little Screamer Motors. He gave me one of his new motors for the micro fan, talk about power.......I measured 273 Watts static on a 4s 1320 pack.......and it makes an unforgetable noise more like a scream.

John
wirbech is offline Find More Posts by wirbech
Old Jan 30, 2007, 09:26 PM
Queen Creek, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
8 Posts
That's the one! Thanx much John! Yah, he was gonna put a little something in the mail for me so, I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival! I was bragging to a buddy about the crazy wings flying and the incredible noise the motors made but, caught a brain fart when it came to tell him the mae of them. Thanx again!

Woody
Old Jan 30, 2007, 09:33 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody3
That's the one! Thanx much John! Yah, he was gonna put a little something in the mail for me so, I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival! I was bragging to a buddy about the crazy wings flying and the incredible noise the motors made but, caught a brain fart when it came to tell him the mae of them. Thanx again!

Woody
keep looking back here i will be posting links to the video of the wings the twin the demons and the skyvax
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:23 PM
Queen Creek, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
8 Posts
Right on! I'll keep an eye out for it!

Woody
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:37 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,252 Posts
I'm waiting too

Hey Paul, did you get any video of the Skyray by chance? Those Skyvax were awesome too. Can't wait for the mini "vax"
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:47 PM
Queen Creek, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
8 Posts
I'm looking forward to trying/having my very own Gryphon! The durabilty and ease of flying are a win win in my opinion. Plus they are just bad a$$ little flyers!

Woody
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:57 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,252 Posts
Hey Woody,
Are you the one that sat and talked with Scott and I? He was showing you his Gryphon and you were telling us about the wing your friend told you get. Was that you?
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:02 PM
Queen Creek, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
8 Posts
Yup! Thats me!
Old Jan 31, 2007, 10:18 AM
Edmonds Wa. (Seattle)
Joined Nov 2003
3,926 Posts
Woody are you the one with the bad leg? If So I would Like to say your a very brave man and I have the utmost respect for your time and effort for all of us! And the sacrifices you gave for everyone here. Now I would like to say that this guy needs gear. Anyone got any extra stuff laying around? Like old batts,servo's,esc and such. I am sending him a new wing and a new motor for it. I am sure he could use other things too? + I know Chris Klick lives near there so I would like to see if he will meet up with you and get you flying easy!

Well that's it for now,

Have a great day everyone.

Scott
Littlescreamers.com
Littlescreamers is offline Find More Posts by Littlescreamers
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:10 AM
Queen Creek, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
8 Posts
Yah, that was me Scott! As for serving ...no need to thank me! Without this becoming a different type of "thread"...I proudly serve! I just love my country is all and I'll leave it at that! Now as for me needed gear well that is a very true statement! I'm not looking for handouts but, I would gladly appreciate a good deal. Right now I'm still looking/in need of a DX6 TX, RX, Charger so, if anyone has an extra one laying around or has recently upgraded to the 7 could you please send me a PM. With Scott's generousity this need will be even greater cause I'm so very anxious to learn/fly that very cool wing. For those out there not familiar with Scott's motors...let me just say that at the AZ Festival this year his motors "kick ass" they sounded awsome and were fast as hell. Scott is was nice meeting you man and again I thank you very much!

Woody
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:28 PM
Suspended Account
Utica Il.
Joined Dec 2002
4,222 Posts
Woody,
If ya need some small lipos or a decent charger send me a PM and I'll get ya hooked up at a discount!!!

Randy
Dynamo Electrics
termite is offline Find More Posts by termite
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)