HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2014, 09:14 PM
Joined Jul 2014
9 Posts
Discussion
Megatech Capitol Flyer / Airstrike / Skyliner

Is there anyone out there still flying the electric megatech Capitol Flyer or the other similar megatech planes like the airstrike??

Seems like this plane has nothing but bad reviews here and elsewhere. I agree it has problems but I've actually been able to keep it in the air both with the stock brushed setup and brushless conversion. Landing has been a bit of a problem, but proven to take a beating.

Anyone flying this thing?
Billetfab is offline Find More Posts by Billetfab
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2014, 09:10 PM
United States, GA, Dalton
Joined Oct 2009
288 Posts
I had one years ago (airstrike), had nothing but nightmares because of it. Glad it worked for you.
headshot001 is offline Find More Posts by headshot001
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:25 AM
Joined Jul 2014
9 Posts
Thanks Headshot!

I think I've just about got it flying pretty well, especially since I was able to get the plane to come to a stop on it's wheels this morning rather than a snowballing train wreck.

I take it your plane is long gone. I bought mine new in about 2003 and wasn't able to get it to go for many bent prop shafts later. It sat for about 10 years due to difficulty in getting parts. I just pulled it off the shelf and replaced all the electronics. Even though it is lighter now, it's still a missile because wing loading is so high the stall speed is around 200 scale mph...
Last edited by Billetfab; Jul 16, 2014 at 06:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jul 16, 2014, 06:23 PM
Joined Jul 2014
9 Posts
Name: iPhone Pictures 4 212.jpg
Views: 5
Size: 1.14 MB
Description:

Name: iPhone Pictures 4 214.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 1.17 MB
Description:
Old Jul 17, 2014, 09:35 PM
Joined Jul 2014
9 Posts
Maybe my good run with this plane is coming to an end... I parked it in a half dead tree yesterday making a nice wide flat turn eagerly anticipating a nice roll out with my new landing gear mods. However ended up trowing rocks at it for a half hour-to-nose dive into the ground the plane survived largely unscathed.

My flight today was good, but after about 6 min I was getting pretty loose on the sticks, maybe a little too much because I sent her into an uncontrolled spin to nose dive breaking the cowl, motor mount, tearing the fuse at the rubber band mounts and a slight crack in the wing.

Nothing that can't be fixed but a little worried if and when the fuse tears more. Anyway, I will have her up again soon.